• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Oof quite divisive proposition eh? 100 % of backers were happy to receive the product without the kensington lock slot, 50% of voters would be happier with a lock slot, 50 % of voters would be less happy with a lock slot.

Given that this was not initially in the campaign and the scope of what people backed, and clearly some people are going to be less happy with the design change, if @AlexTzone decides to push this change on all users, I think it would be right to give those people who absolutely don't want one a chance to withdraw. Honestly, I would be surprised if a lock slot would be a deal breaker, but people will be people.

I think the safe option in this case would be not to go ahead with it since those who want it were happy to get a product without it in the first place, and those who don't want it aren't getting a feature they don't want pushed on them.

Reactions: AlexTzone

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Hi all, lurker here and new member (just to post here). I've been wanting to get on board since i missed the initial batch. I know there's a new one, and i jooned the email list. However, upon joining i get a message to confirm my email, and i've checked everywhere in my inbox but nothing. Not in spam etc. How do i know if i 'm going to recieve a notification? I really don't want to miss the 2nd opening. Thabks !

edamazzio

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 21, 2020
Hi all, lurker here and new member (just to post here). I've been wanting to get on board since i missed the initial batch. I know there's a new one, and i jooned the email list. However, upon joining i get a message to confirm my email, and i've checked everywhere in my inbox but nothing. Not in spam etc. How do i know if i 'm going to recieve a notification? I really don't want to miss the 2nd opening. Thabks !

Same situation here. I've been checking this thread on this forum, and this thread only due to the enormous hype I have. I've been reading most of what have been posting, and seems like this is going to be huge success. Wishing you the best and stay safe.
I too would like to make sure I don't miss any news regarding the 2nd batch. I'd be more than glad to participate in this second batch as soon as it's released :)

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
By the way, will the NZXT M22 fit the Mjolnir?
The Kraken M22 is specifically listed on the website as supported. I agree with the other user though. Everything I've read suggests the Kraken isn't a stellar 120mm option. Despite having a thicker radiator the pump is actually a block in the center of the radiator rather than above the CPU which reduces it's fin area. It does look cool though. If you want an M22 I think I would probably expect to need to install the PSU in inverted orientation. I don't believe there's enough room for the cables otherwise. (Or it's very very close)

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
any cance of a booster cell with some minimal front i/o? usb-c, smartphone-esque power button, 3.5mm mic/headphone

Not as of right now, we'd like to keep it as clean as possible.

Oof quite divisive proposition eh? 100 % of backers were happy to receive the product without the kensington lock slot, 50% of voters would be happier with a lock slot, 50 % of voters would be less happy with a lock slot.

Given that this was not initially in the campaign and the scope of what people backed, and clearly some people are going to be less happy with the design change, if @AlexTzone decides to push this change on all users, I think it would be right to give those people who absolutely don't want one a chance to withdraw. Honestly, I would be surprised if a lock slot would be a deal breaker, but people will be people.

I think the safe option in this case would be not to go ahead with it since those who want it were happy to get a product without it in the first place, and those who don't want it aren't getting a feature they don't want pushed on them.

Very valid point indeed!

Same situation here. I've been checking this thread on this forum, and this thread only due to the enormous hype I have. I've been reading most of what have been posting, and seems like this is going to be huge success. Wishing you the best and stay safe.
I too would like to make sure I don't miss any news regarding the 2nd batch. I'd be more than glad to participate in this second batch as soon as it's released :)

Most likely your emails are already in the list then, I've seen this happen before. Anyhu, be sure to keep your eyes open in May guys, we're going to announce it loud and clear so everyone should be able to jump on board. The launch is going to be very short though, so it's best to keep an eye on this forum on a daily basis from the second week of May (just to be sure) :)

By the way, will the NZXT M22 fit the Mjolnir?

Yes but it's quite the pain to work with. Last time I tried I didn't manage to use it with a 120x25mm fan (only 120x15), the tubing is very rigid. However, I didn't have low-profile RAM, which would probably help in that situation :)

The vote is currently 117 to 117. That's hilarious. Looks like @AlexTzone will need to come in a some point for the tie-breaker. ?

Lol yes, absolutely insane that it's so even! ? After thinking about it, perhaps it's best to skip it. There's a lot of validity in what @For_Science has said, as well as one of our backers pointing out that it would create RGB bleed which we have worked hard to eliminate :/

Reactions: Sazexa

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Very valid point indeed!

With regards to the 2nd launch, just had a shower thought. In the original Kickstarter one of the "perks" were that if you were to back this campaign you will "Get your hands on THOR ZONE's MJOLNIR.....6 months before non-backers". Now, clearly those who are part of the 2nd launch are not backers of the Kickstarter, and therefore strictly speaking their units need to be delayed shipping for 6 months after the Kickstarter Backer's units are shipped out.

As I understand it, since you are filling MOQ with the 2nd launch, those units will actually be available at the same time as the Kickstarter units. However then to make sure you keep your word with the above, you will need to store the units for 6 months prior to sending them out, which sounds stupid and expensive.

Of course I personally do not give a monkey whether 100~200 more people receive units at the same time as me, but perhaps some people do (exclusivity is important in some people's eyes). And so as a matter of courtesy, it may be worth pulling up a straw poll again to ask whether people mind if the 2nd launch people get shipped at the same time as the Kickstarter units.

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
I think most people understand Kickstarters are more fluid than other product offerings. Some promises work out and other don't or become altered. We went from casting to CNC to extrusion. That's the nature of ordering a product that doesn't yet exist. I don't personally think it's reasonable to expect Thor Zone to sit on hundreds of units in inventory regardless of the results of a strawpoll.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
I was wondering if anyone either from Thorzone or the SFF community had reached out to custom cable shops like pslate customs to have them look at the Thor's dimensions?
Would be super cool if we could get custom length/fitted cables in this SFF build to cleanup airflow and maximize space.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I think most people understand Kickstarters are more fluid than other product offerings.
I think that given the way people think that they "ordered" a product on Kickstarter, many people are actually not aware that Kickstarter is fundamentally different from Amazon.

Although there will always be a first person to receive the unit and a last person to receive the unit, perhaps I could see that if somebody who backed the Kickstarter campaign got their unit significantly after somebody on the 2nd launch list (for whatever reason, shipping delays, geographical location, etc etc) there will be a flood of unpleasant comments on the Kickstarter comments page which is exactly what happened for the PD Tripod (US vs the rest of the world, in this case).

And given that the early access to the hardware was in the first line pledge reward description, I would think that at least there is a basis to be slightly miffed.

Similar situations would include but not limited to:

- If Mjolnir goes onto retail for cheaper than the Kickstarter campaign (supposedly retail will cost ~$50 more)
- If they turn around and can't produce a certain colour and don't offer those of that color to back out. (Since the color option was part of the pledge)
- A certain panel type could no longer be produced
- If you got hit with import fees and sales tax when shipped (since the campaign says these are included in the pledge)

Obviously they could do all of the above and I personally wouldn't be sooooooooo disappointed (alittle, but not enough for me to throw a tantrum). I think it wouldn't be the best move to completely go back on your pledge reward claims and potentially upset your limited customer base.

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
What's the temps like with the performance panels? I don't see this covered anywhere.

Also, when is the next batch coming online for order.
Optimum tech did a good bit of temp testing in his review of an earlier prototype.

Note-worthy is a lot has changed since then including larger air slots on the panels. Temps should be some amount better than his findings.

It sounds like the next batch will be up sometime in May, but only @AlexTzone really knows that one.

Magic_Mike

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 22, 2020
Hi @AlexTzone
First off I wanted to thank you for all the updates you have provided this community. I was not an original backer as I only found out about the case after the kickstarter closed. I am very keen to join the next launch and wanted to know if there is any way I can customize the case to have:
  • 2 O₂ panels (top and bottom)
  • 1 glass side panel
  • 1 performance side panel
I am aware the extra o2 panel was an addon on the stretch goal and willing to pay extra as this is my dream case design.
Cheers :)

Paul_the_Octopus

Trash Compacter
Apr 17, 2020
Hi @AlexTzone
First off I wanted to thank you for all the updates you have provided this community. I was not an original backer as I only found out about the case after the kickstarter closed. I am very keen to join the next launch and wanted to know if there is any way I can customize the case to have:
  • 2 O₂ panels (top and bottom)
  • 1 glass side panel
  • 1 performance side panel
I am aware the extra o2 panel was an addon on the stretch goal and willing to pay extra as this is my dream case design.
Cheers :)
On a similar not, will there be an option to purchase 2x2 panel sets (2 TG and 2perf panels) with my mjolnir on the second batch (may)?

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Optimum tech did a good bit of temp testing in his review of an earlier prototype.

Note-worthy is a lot has changed since then including larger air slots on the panels. Temps should be some amount better than his findings.

It sounds like the next batch will be up sometime in May, but only @AlexTzone really knows that one.
Yeah the temps were OK, but nothing to write home about back then. I would be really interested to see the improvement of the V2 performance panels with the more open surface area, but you know...global crisis and all that hehe

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020

Those aren't the revised panels. See post above.

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Those aren't the revised panels. See post above.
Yes, I pointed that out.

"Note-worthy is a lot has changed since then including larger air slots on the panels. Temps should be some amount better than his findings."

No tempertaure testing has been done on the revised panels that I'm aware of. Sorry for not being able to help.

Last edited: