AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
No one copied it.

It's the same company that Torzon commissioned to produce.

Ordering and selling in backdoor. The delivery date is also placed ahead of Torzon.

As you know, magnetic addition and increased ventilation are recent updates.

All the changes are being made in real time.

It even released both versions of separate body and unibody.

It is a half-arsed copy. It is not the same company that we have commissioned, these guys simply eyeballed the dimensions etc (I can tell since a lot of the dimensions and distances are wrong). Nobody has the final drawings and no one company has all the drawings. So yes, they tried to copy it...

But let's not give them the attention they want, let's continue this thread about an upcoming high-end mini-ITX case...not a scratched-up piece of garbage ?

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
It is a half-arsed copy. It is not the same company that we have commissioned, these guys simply eyeballed the dimensions etc (I can tell since a lot of the dimensions and distances are wrong). Nobody has the final drawings and no one company has all the drawings. So yes, they tried to copy it...

But let's not give them the attention they want, let's continue this thread about an upcoming high-end mini-ITX case...not a scratched-up piece of garbage ?
Thank God

Reactions: AlexTzone

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I wouldn't be worried of a knock-off regardless. If they produce it for less, it's likely because tolerances, finishes, or features, are lacking compared to the real product anyways. At least with their initial batches.

I'll proudly tote around my genuine product. ?

In the mean time, with all that is going down as it is, I'm a little on the sad side it seems to be cutting into not just Thorzone's project time lines, but practically EVERYTHING'S. I'm wondering if NVidia 3xxx and Intel 10th-gen desktop CPU's are going to be delayed from this.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Mjolnir bought from Thorzone = Genuine Rolex bought from an authorized dealer.

That other thing... quartz movement bought off a guy on a street corner in NYC.

Last edited:
  • Love

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Alright, you know what they say... Don't let the perfect stand in the way of the good. I've been delaying sharing this because I'm a bit nervous. Either I've created something pretty neat or an abomination. Here's a prototype 24pin of what I envision as part of a custom cable set for Mjolnir...

It takes up approximately 18-20mm of space below the PSU. This allows an easy fit for a Corsair H60 with 15mm fan and tubes running across. It extends out from the front face of the PSU by approximately 4mm. I'm worried this puts it against the glass. I figure there's atleast 3mm of space based on the CPU cooler height compatibility spec, but knowing exactly would be very helpful. I can trim this a bit by using thinner cables or by staggering them if required. A majority of the mobos I've looked at have the 24 pin in this corner. There are a couple with it further up which would require heavily rerouting the cables.

Essentially what I did was create unsleaved shorty cables that split the 18+10 pin PSU side cable into x3 8 pin connectors and then staggered them over each other in the free space towards the front of the PSU. The shorty cables are hidden by the sleeved cables and it looks really nice IMO. I then 3D printed a 4x6 cable comb to gather them together and then they shift into the 24pin Mobo side cable. The 6+2pin GPU cables will similarly have an unsleaved shorty cable that weaves through the 24pin shorty cables. (On Corsair PSUs the cables originate on opposite sides of the PSU from their associated components and need to cross each other) The cables are spaced ~4mm apart and 2mm cabling should allow this. The 6pin AUX cable and 8 pin CPU cable will be created normally. (no shorty)

I think it's a pretty neat idea to be honest. Let me know what you guys think! I'll probably end up creating another prototype that looks nicer with appropriate materials and better cable lengths. (This one was made from what I had on hand and is a bit suboptimal.) I won't be able to make anything that actually fits though until I get my own Mjolnir to measure against. I'll also be making a "performance" set that routes from the inverted PSU orientation and allows for the full 25mm fan. In all honestly, I'm pretty interested in starting a small business selling custom cables and starting with Mjolnir. This is a bit of an interest check.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alright, you know what they say... Don't let the perfect stand in the way of the good. I've been delaying sharing this because I'm a bit nervous. Either I've created something pretty neat or an abomination. Here's a prototype 24pin of what I envision as part of a custom cable set for Mjolnir...

It takes up approximately 18-20mm of space below the PSU. This allows an easy fit for a Corsair H60 with 15mm fan and tubes running across. It extends out from the front face of the PSU by approximately 4mm. I'm worried this puts it against the glass. I figure there's atleast 3mm of space based on the CPU cooler height compatibility spec, but knowing exactly would be very helpful. I can trim this a bit by using thinner cables or by staggering them if required. A majority of the mobos I've looked at have the 24 pin in this corner. There are a couple with it further up which would require heavily rerouting the cables.

Essentially what I did was create unsleaved shorty cables that split the 18+10 pin PSU side cable into x3 8 pin connectors and then staggered them over each other in the free space towards the front of the PSU. The shorty cables are hidden by the sleeved cables and it looks really nice IMO. I then 3D printed a 4x6 cable comb to gather them together and then they shift into the 24pin Mobo side cable. The 6+2pin GPU cables will similarly have an unsleaved shorty cable that weaves through the 24pin shorty cables. (On Corsair PSUs the cables originate on opposite sides of the PSU from their associated components and need to cross each other) The cables are spaced ~4mm apart and 2mm cabling should allow this. The 6pin AUX cable and 8 pin CPU cable will be created normally. (no shorty)

I think it's a pretty neat idea to be honest. Let me know what you guys think! I'll probably end up creating another prototype that looks nicer with appropriate materials and better cable lengths. (This one was made from what I had on hand and is a bit suboptimal.) I won't be able to make anything that actually fits though until I get my own Mjolnir to measure against. I'll also be making a "performance" set that routes from the inverted PSU orientation and allows for the full 25mm fan. In all honestly, I'm pretty interested in starting a small business selling custom cables and starting with Mjolnir. This is a bit of an interest check.

WOW man, really nice work!! The PSU is roughly 1.5mm from the side panels. The motherboard is lifted off the spine by 1/4" standoffs. Horisontal distance between Mobo and PSU is roughly 16mm. Really look forward to seeing more, great job so far! ?

Reactions: thekinghippo

YdderMkIV

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2020
The early prototype reviews from OptimumTech and RandomFrankP both mention the the friction between the core and the shell, and that the "tape" along the contact points in the corners would start coming off. I know that issue was supposed to be fixed, that being said, have you looked at the way the NZXT H1 does it? Seems like whatever they did to solve the same problem could be used with the Mjolnir as well

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The early prototype reviews from OptimumTech and RandomFrankP both mention the the friction between the core and the shell, and that the "tape" along the contact points in the corners would start coming off. I know that issue was supposed to be fixed, that being said, have you looked at the way the NZXT H1 does it? Seems like whatever they did to solve the same problem could be used with the Mjolnir as well

We've not looked into how they've done it. MJOLNIR is very compact internally, and it's hard to adapt existing solutions without limiting hardware compatibility, etc. However, I think the "corner guards" (made from low friction Nylon) will work very well, since they are the points of contact where the Core meets the Shell.

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
I saw the update's. Is it possible to build in some small noctua fans if the ssd-bracket is removed. I didn't order a booster cell, I liked the original design more.
As you now I won't use an AIO so airflow is important for my build.

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I saw the update's. Is it possible to build in some small noctua fans if the ssd-bracket is removed. I didn't order a booster cell, I liked the original design more.

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger
You'll have a chance to actually purchase one, should you desire, I believe according to the last update. But, regarding trying to fit one in without the booster cell, it'd be pointless since the fan would be entirely choked for air.

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
You'll have a chance to actually purchase one, should you desire, I believe according to the last update. But, regarding trying to fit one in without the booster cell, it'd be pointless since the fan would be entirely choked for air.
I ordered one in december 2019.
I thought the plate on which the ssd bracket is mounted was massive. But there are a lot of holes in it. Noctua does make also very small fans, and I was asking myself if it is usefull to build in some of them.

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger

I ordered one in december 2019.
I thought the plate on which the ssd bracket is mounted was massive. But there are a lot of holes in it. Noctua does make also very small fans, and I was asking myself if it is usefull to build in some of them.

Freonlike groetnis,
Ger

Heey Ger! As noted by @Sazexa, airflow from those fans would be blocked by the frontal cap and the SSD bracket itself :/ The frame on which the SSD bracket sits has holes in it (designed for the Booster Cell), but the SSD bracket itself has no large holes. However, if you're willing to heavily modify both the frontal cap and the SSD bracket this will be possible. I think such modification will be a lot more expensive than the Booster Cell, but I understand if you prefer the original design :)

Booster Cell orders will be up in May, so you still have time if you decide to go for it. The reson we included it in the surveys was to measure interest and quote the parts, but nobody has actually had the opportunity to order one yet :)

Alex

Chekonjak

Case Bender
New User
Mar 31, 2020
@AlexTzone

do you plan to disinfect our packages before delivering?

Open the box, let everything breathe, and let sit in a dry area for a day or two. In the "best" case coronaviruses can't survive three days, and it'll have traveled at least that time for most people. After that time if you're still concerned wash your hands, take everything out of the box, throw the box out, and wash your hands again.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I couldnt put my finger on what it was about the design of the booster cell that was bothering me.

Today i worked out that its a sideways pokeball.

If you put the power switch in the middle, it'll be even more pokeball like

Haha now that you mention it ?

@AlexTzone

do you plan to disinfect our packages before delivering?
Open the box, let everything breathe, and let sit in a dry area for a day or two. In the "best" case coronaviruses can't survive three days, and it'll have traveled at least that time for most people. After that time if you're still concerned wash your hands, take everything out of the box, throw the box out, and wash your hands again.

Coronavirus won't be a problem once the cases are shipped out. It's most likely that the risk of infection will be very small once China and rest of the world return to normal :)

Reactions: danny.nguyen

smolformfactor

Case Bender
New User
Apr 1, 2020
Was the issue of the GPU riser rubbing against the case ever addressed? I recall somewhere in a comment/update in regards to fixing it but I haven't seen any specific update on how it was solved and whether or not it reduces the clearance of the space under the mobo.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Was the issue of the GPU riser rubbing against the case ever addressed? I recall somewhere in a comment/update in regards to fixing it but I haven't seen any specific update on how it was solved and whether or not it reduces the clearance of the space under the mobo.

Yes, it's been fixed :) I don't remember exactly how we did it but checking the CAD model I see that we have more space above the riser than before (0.5-1mm more), but still 23mm under the motherboard.

smolformfactor

Case Bender
New User
Apr 1, 2020
Yes, it's been fixed :) I don't remember exactly how we did it but checking the CAD model I see that we have more space above the riser than before (0.5-1mm more), but still 23mm under the motherboard.
That's good to hear it was given fixed, however 0.5-1mm does seem incredibly tight still. This might've been answered earlier, but was there any reason to keep 23mm of space under the mobo even though a 240mm aio proved to be less effective than a 120mm aio + air flow fan?

I understand the design drawings are finished so changes might be hard to push, but even if we dropped the mobo frame down a millimeter, that, in addition to your changes could give a ~2mm tolerance for the riser which feels a lot more comfortable. This would make the clearance under the mobo 22mm, which might lose support for the Silverstone TD02-slim (22mm rad) due to zero fit tolerance but it still keeps support for the XSPC TX radiator series (20mm) for those who really want to push for their own custom 240mm cooling solutions.