• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Have you got any more pre-production samples you could send out for people to build in, then return?

I'm sure there would be people on here willing to build in it (using there own hardware) for you and put a log up.

Reactions: AlexTzone

CptShiner

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2019
Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
There are some issue to work out, mainly with leveling. Say we add 5mm of total travel, 2.5mm above and 2.5 below standard orientation, how do we make it easy for people to choose the middle position and be aligned? I have a couple of ideas but they will definitely add costs. 5mm travel from standard position has less benefits than 2.5mm travel above and below.

Just an addition to this: maybe it is not necessary to have +-2.5mm travel but only 7mm or more in one direction. In the regular orientation, the PSU seems to be already in the perfect location, no need to move it in any direction. In the reversed orentientation however it would be highly beneficial to further move the PSU downwards. For instance the Corsair H55 is only 52mm in height, that means it would be possible to slide down the PSU by about 7mm! 18mm vs 25mm on the top for cable management is a big difference.

BTW thanks for mentioning me in the Kickstarter update 2 ?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Have you got any more pre-production samples you could send out for people to build in, then return?

I'm sure there would be people on here willing to build in it (using there own hardware) for you and put a log up.

There are 3 in existence, one permanently at our HQ and 2 roaming the world of YouTube. Wish we had more units, because your idea is awesome!

Just an addition to this: maybe it is not necessary to have +-2.5mm travel but only 7mm or more in one direction. In the regular orientation, the PSU seems to be already in the perfect location, no need to move it in any direction. In the reversed orentientation however it would be highly beneficial to further move the PSU downwards. For instance the Corsair H55 is only 52mm in height, that means it would be possible to slide down the PSU by about 7mm! 18mm vs 25mm on the top for cable management is a big difference.

That would work, I'll check the pricing :)

Of course, it's thanks to you and @wolfatpno that this was discovered. Actually, I feel bad for not mentioning all you guys, I've already told Ali (OptimumTech) that guys over at the SFF Forum are like 95% PHDs that solve 99% of all problems in MJOLNIR. I've seen the @thekinghippo roaming the comments of Reddit and setting things straight there with correct information. Also @For_Science who practically knows MJOLNIR better than I do and has answered all kinds of questions all over the web. Collaboration on a true Asgardian level!

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

Expanding on keepcodings point, can you make the brackets reversible, so in one orientation it allows upward movement, when rotated it allows downward movement?

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Expanding on keepcodings point, can you make the brackets reversible, so in one orientation it allows upward movement, when rotated it allows downward movement?
If the slots are from the current screw holes downwards in normal orientation, then this means you can slide it upwards in normal orientation and downwards in reverse orientation. So it will automatically be reversible.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
I was thinking more so you could move the PSU either way.
As Alex already mentioned, if the screws have to be in the middle position by default, that is going to add cost (add a marker of some sort or I something else).
And your solution with the custom PCB instead of the regular power cable is something for experts only. I guess not many will go this path.

Reactions: Goatee

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

I guess Alex was a bit too enthusiastic about limiting the quantity ?

BTW: will the number of pledges influence the production time? At some point I guess it will (that's why many kickstarter campaigns have early bird offers).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I guess Alex was a bit too enthusiastic about limiting the quantity ?

BTW: will the number of pledges influence the production time? At some point I guess it will (that's why many kickstarter campaigns have early bird offers).

? Not to worry, will release more for the upcoming YT reviews. There should be one video up this week and one next week.

We've looked into 500-1000 units, so unless we exceed that the May 2020 delivery doesn't need to be adjusted.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Really want to see how the TD02 with one fan compares with a thicker 120mm AIO & 15-20mm slim fan combo.

Indeed! Going to compare these two:

240mm AIO120mm AIO
SilverStone Tundra TD02-Slim + NF-A12x25 PWMCorsair H55 + NF-A12x25 PWM

With flipped Core + O2 Panel (dust filter) on top.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
If the board supports it, VRM temperatures etc are also good numbers to take note of. Also the stress test should be loaded for 30 mins or so to make sure you aren't just looking at effects of increase fluid volume.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If the board supports it, VRM temperatures etc are also good numbers to take note of. Also the stress test should be loaded for 30 mins or so to make sure you aren't just looking at effects of increase fluid volume.

Yes indeed! The VRMs are the primary reason why I think 120mm AIO is a better choice even if the 240mm AIO performs better. Ofc there are boards with active cooling for the VRMs, so in that case the 240 would be better. Yes, going to test it for 30 minutes like the other tests :) Prime95 Small FFTs.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Yes indeed! The VRMs are the primary reason why I think 120mm AIO is a better choice even if the 240mm AIO performs better. Ofc there are boards with active cooling for the VRMs, so in that case the 240 would be better. Yes, going to test it for 30 minutes like the other tests :) Prime95 Small FFTs.

Using 120mm aio can also help cool graphics cards.

I'm looking forward to flip-flop psu + flip-flopped core + exhaust 120aio.

The top exhaust helps to keep dust free!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
New giveaway over at the KS campaign guys, check the latest update ?

The though of installing the 240 Thundra tomorrow...to excited...will not be able to sleep!

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
I'm looking forward to flip-flop psu + flip-flopped core + exhaust 120aio.
Agreed. I think this is going to be the overall winner configuration wise. AIO airflow not constricted by PSU cables. 120mm fan exhausting off GPU/VRMs. PSU exhaust is flowing through the AIO rather than the two exhausts pushing into each other. Add to it the TG panel on the mobo side and triple fan GPU with a performance panel and I think that's a very optimal configuration. The only reason I may not do this is I want the TG/Mobo side facing me and my computer typically sits on my left. On the flip-side, The AIO would be sucking in hotter air than it would otherwise. Maybe this is harder than I thought. Decisions, decisions...