• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Long-time follower and really loving this case, but at 385 for R and 2x panels on top of 113+ for its shipping to Spain, we are talking of nearly 500 USD, which it is a hard pass for me.

Honestly, it is way too much on top of the shipping for being inside the EU, while NA gets it cheaper.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Do we pay shipping after the Kickstarter or when we pledge? I am asking this because my living location might change

Kickstarter charges you after the campaign! :) If you change your location just let me know and we'll work something out. The cases ship in May, so up until that point it's not a problem.

Saw it, looks great. Will you be updating the previous kickstarter page (and the backers) too?

Yes, in about 1.5 hours! :)

Long-time follower and really loving this case, but at 385 for R and 2x panels on top of 113+ for its shipping to Spain, we are talking of nearly 500 USD, which it is a hard pass for me.

Honestly, it is way too much on top of the shipping for being inside the EU, while NA gets it cheaper.

That's the reality of European/Swedish VAT :/ MJOLNIR S to Spain would be 388 in total (only 26 more than Ghost S1 to Spain from Amazon).

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I find it super interesting that shipping to Hong Kong is cheaper than shipping to China. Just for my curiosity could you break down the tax and shipping for each one?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I find it super interesting that shipping to Hong Kong is cheaper than shipping to China. Just for my curiosity could you break down the tax and shipping for each one?

Yeah sure, here we go (using MJOLNIR S for reference):

China
  • Shipping cost: $5.75
  • VAT (13%): $39.26
    • Total: $45.01

Hong Kong
  • Shipping cost: $8.75
  • VAT (0%): $0
    • Total: $8.75

Makes sense? :)

Reactions: For_Science

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Yeah sure, here we go (using MJOLNIR S for reference):

China
  • Shipping cost: $5.75
  • VAT (13%): $39.26
    • Total: $45.01

Hong Kong
  • Shipping cost: $8.75
  • VAT (0%): $0
    • Total: $8.75

Makes sense? :)
Not at all to be honest. How can shipping to another continent be cheaper than shipping within Europe?? We are living in a strange world...
Shipping to Switzerland for instance is 10x more expensive than shipping to China, this is ridiculous XD

(note: not a criticism to AlexTzone, just an observation)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Not at all to be honest. How can shipping to another continent be cheaper than shipping within Europe?? We are living in a strange world...
Shipping to Switzerland for instance is 10x more expensive than shipping to China, this is ridiculous XD

Are you wary that the "shipping" includes taxes? European countries get 25% automatically applied and then shipping on top, US only pays for shipping.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

The cases are shipped from China to the rest of the world ?

Reactions: thekinghippo

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Are you wary that the "shipping" includes taxes? European countries get 25% automatically applied and then shipping on top, US only pays for shipping.

Actually US does have it, but it's 9% Sales Tax (there are those who live in states without states tax at all, or lower than 9%). In that case we'll refund the difference :)

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I thought the cases are shipping to Sweden first where you do the quality control and packing and then from there to the backers...
If it ships directly from China, then of course the shipping price makes sense ;-)

Cool, glad we're on the same page then! :) Actually, we're going to China to do QC ourselves (also looking at hiring a QC inspector down there).

Reactions: keepcoding

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just ordered new (sleeved) power supply cables, guess they will come in handy to install the components in the Mjolnir :-)

Any chance we see a review before Tuesday?

Wohoho, dat's gonna look nice! Unfortunately not a review, but perhaps the next best thing: the 3 build tutorials? ? Just have to finish polishing the audio (unfortunately there's no magic trick to make Swedes sound cool).

Edit: think I can upload the first one on tomorrow or on Friday. Just need to finish up our website now.

Reactions: keepcoding

Lachinois

Efficiency Noob
Jun 16, 2019
Isn't taxes charged on the manufacturing value of the content? I know that almost all the stuff I order on kickstarter has on the customs invoice the manufacturing cost (which is way less than the MSRP).

Or... it could be that all the other kickstarters are illegally filling out customs forms ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Isn't taxes charged on the manufacturing value of the content? I know that almost all the stuff I order on kickstarter has on the customs invoice the manufacturing cost (which is way less than the MSRP).

Or... it could be that all the other kickstarters are illegally filling out customs forms ?

Most likely nr.2 ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys,

The pre-lauch page is now live!! ? Feel free click "notify me":

Alright, now back to updating the website!

Reactions: rfarmer

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Did I understand that correct, youtube reviews from the likes of OptimumTech won't be online before kickstarter launch on 26th?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Did I understand that correct, youtube reviews from the likes of OptimumTech won't be online before kickstarter launch on 26th?

Sometimes it works out like that, nothing can be done.

If anything you can pledge and if you don't like the review, you can always cancel before the end of the campaign without any issues.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Please ignore the “updated website” a couple of hours, need to sort out the huge compression artifacts.