• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi @AlexTzone ! How will quality control be handled? Will one of you guys be supervising at the factory?

Also, anything you can say about the power button? Will the quality/feel be on par with the rest of the case?

Congratulations on your milestone!

It's most likely going to be one of us. However, in the event that we can't be there to supervise, we have a contact in China who can (and whom we trust with regards to quality) :thumb: We're also considering hiring an inspection agent down there, teaching them what is important and having them do the quality control (this is the best long-run solution). In any case, I'll make sure that we have a thorough inspection of the cases :)

Regarding the power button; it's CNCd as well (the button cap), while the button itself is made by a reputable manufacturer (it's pretty dang expensive for being such a small part of the case). Thanks a lot for the support man!

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Good to hear you’re not compromising on the little details! It’s sad when a power button feels mushy and cheap ?

Everything sounds great so far. Looking forward to the pictures and reviews.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Will you be updating the renders on your website to show the seams and updating the text that says "unibody"?

Already on it! ? But we’re doing a whole bunch of stuff at the same time now so it may take a while (definitely before the launch, but maybe as late as mid-November).

Reactions: lawney

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed by the uni-body not working out as well as originally planned. I agree with others when they say it was a staple of what made this case so unique, and it's a shame to lose that defining feature. I still find the case to be gorgeous, and sure, machined parts ARE wonderfully precise... but that's not really a stand-out feature anymore with the Ghost and the soon to be released Sidearm T1... and they both offer modularity, whereas Mjolnir doesn't. Sidearm is also 2/3rds the price, which is certainly worth mentioning.

I will still follow this thread and cheer your successes on, but seams are part of what keeps the Ghost S1's top hats from being more widely embraced. Personally, even the seams on the Circle Pro are enough to keep me away from the price premium.

Now that I mention it, Mjolnir has a lot in common with the Circle Pro. You are pretty strictly locked into the hardware you can use effectively, it's made of very high quality materials, it's expensive, it's gorgeous, and there are seams... I'd also give the thermal edge to the Circle Pro, but only have the internal tests @AlexTzone has shared on here to compare. Consider your market and the product in comparison to that case and its downsides. That might be a good way to decide where you want to go from here.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed by the uni-body not working out as well as originally planned. I agree with others when they say it was a staple of what made this case so unique, and it's a shame to lose that defining feature. I still find the case to be gorgeous, and sure, machined parts ARE wonderfully precise... but that's not really a stand-out feature anymore with the Ghost and the soon to be released Sidearm T1... and they both offer modularity, whereas Mjolnir doesn't. Sidearm is also 2/3rds the price, which is certainly worth mentioning.

I will still follow this thread and cheer your successes on, but seams are part of what keeps the Ghost S1's top hats from being more widely embraced. Personally, even the seams on the Circle Pro are enough to keep me away from the price premium.

Now that I mention it, Mjolnir has a lot in common with the Circle Pro. You are pretty strictly locked into the hardware you can use effectively, it's made of very high quality materials, it's expensive, it's gorgeous, and there are seams... I'd also give the thermal edge to the Circle Pro, but only have the internal tests @AlexTzone has shared on here to compare. Consider your market and the product in comparison to that case and its downsides. That might be a good way to decide where you want to go from here.

Take a look at the seems in MJOLNIR and compare them to those of Ghost Top hats, it's not the same ball park. Unique doesn't always make for better, even if all cases out there were machined it's still the most precise / most expensive way to create aluminium parts. I have not seen the Circle Pro in person, but those seems look pretty tight. However, MJOLNIR will be doweled together and will not be separable, so it's reasonable to assume they are as tight as two even aluminium plates squeezed hard against each other allow.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawney

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys,

I'm back to announce a couple of stretch goals ? We want to give you real & actually-valuable/useful stuff in case we get overfunded! Check'em out:

SEK 585.000 — Toolkit V2 (~$58.000 a.k.a our goal)
At first we thought: ahh common...everybody has a microfiber cloth and a Phillips screwdriver — but now we’ll include them just in case!
Includes:
  • 2 hex keys
  • Phillips screwsdriver
  • Microfiber cloth
Value: $20

SEK 1.000.000 — O2 Panel (~$100.000)
Get an additional high-performance O2 Panel that can be mounted on top of the case for even better dust management, airflow and cooling.
* O2 Panel is the CNCd bottom panel / dust filter *
Value: $30

SEK 1.500.000 — Noctua NT-H2 (~$150.000)
All reward tiers now include Noctuas latest and greatest NT-H2 thermal paste — a follow up to their highly acclaimed NT-H1. Your cooling just got better!
Includes: Noctua NT-H2 3.5g
Value: $15

SEK 2.000.000 — Shield of Founders (~$200.000)
This one is special, a Kickstarter-only special. You receive a custom tempered glass panel with the new THOR ZONE logo & etched quote ”Be aware — this belongs to an early founder”.
Value: can't be bought but around $50

All in all, at SEK 2.000.000 we're adding about $115 to everybody who has pledged for a MJOLNIR ?

I'm pretty sure we're going to unlock the first goal on the first day, but man do I hope that we unlock the last one too! It's looks epic! And yes the rewards are cumulative (there got to be a better word for this), i.e. if we reach SEK 2.000.000 you get all four add-ons :) If you want to know the shipping cost to a particular country & bundle, just let me know.

Let me know what you think?

Best,
Alex

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

bluewav

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 17, 2019
MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets
Color choice: Steel / Dark / Stealth
Panels: Performance Panels + Tempered Glass Panels
Lighting: none
Limited: 50 units
Pledge: $339 ($60 off MRSP $399)

If you want to know shipping cost to a particular country & reward (incl. VAT, sales tax and import fees), just ask me and I'll look it up in our spreadsheet ?

Hi,

Can you provide the shipping costs + fee & taxes to the United States for the S+2X Panel Set? Thanks!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi,

Can you provide the shipping costs + fee & taxes to the United States for the S+2X Panel Set? Thanks!

MJOLNIR S + 2x Panel sets bundle = $339
Shipping & all fees to US = $48.96

If you live in a state that has sales tax below 9% we’ll refund you the difference :)

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
SEK 2.000.000 — SHIELD OF FOUNDERS (~$200.000)
This one is special, a Kickstarter-only special. You receive a custom tempered glass panel with the new THOR ZONE logo & etched quote ”Be aware — this belongs to an early founder”.

The glass with the logo would be OK but personally I think the quote is a bit cheesy and over the top.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The glass with the logo would be OK but personally I think the quote is a bit cheesy and over the top.
Thor Zone logo would be enough, I would think.

Perhaps as a small font quote, "Prime Founder's Edition"

Haha I see ? Had a feeling that it may have been a tad bit cheesy, so if you have ideas let me know

Invictus91

Efficiency Noob
New User
Oct 7, 2019
Amazing concept and case, I will cancel my ghost s1 order to back u up next month!

Any possible dates for shipping dates and prices for europe ? Thanks

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Amazing concept and case, I will cancel my ghost s1 order to back u up next month!

Any possible dates for shipping dates and prices for europe ? Thanks

Epic! Please see the first page of this thread, I have listed all reward-tiers there ? Once you've chosen a let me know here (also let me know where in Europe you live) ?

Invictus91

Efficiency Noob
New User
Oct 7, 2019
Epic! Please see the first page of this thread, I have listed all reward-tiers there ? Once you've chosen a let me know here (also let me know where in Europe you live) ?
I might choose MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets or MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets, living in UK now. Thanks

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I might choose MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets or MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets, living in UK now. Thanks

Cool, let me check it out!

Shipping & all fees to UK
  • MJOLNIR S + 2x Panel sets = $102.06
  • MJOLNIR R + 2x Panel sets = $114.84
It's that Swedish 25% VAT that makes it a tad bit expensive :mad: