• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Windofchange13

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2019
Just wanted to add my vote for no text on the Shield of Founders. Just a symbol would be cool and exclusive enough for me. I am partial to the old symbol, but the new one is good too. Fingers crossed we make it to that level!

Also, a question: Will there be the ability to change versions when the kickstarter goes live? Example being, can I start with a commitment to the base version of the S with one set of panels, then later upgrade to two sets? Or vice versa?

Very excited!

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just wanted to add my vote for no text on the Shield of Founders. Just a symbol would be cool and exclusive enough for me. I am partial to the old symbol, but the new one is good too. Fingers crossed we make it to that level!

Also, a question: Will there be the ability to change versions when the kickstarter goes live? Example being, can I start with a commitment to the base version of the S with one set of panels, then later upgrade to two sets? Or vice versa?

Very excited!

Yeah we redesigned it today, now the Shield of Founders contains this:
  • The logo
  • Kickstarter 2019 (text)
  • Shield of Founders (text)
No cheesy quotes ? Or do you guys think only the logo is enough?

To answer your questions, absolutely! You can pledge to MJOLNIR S -> cancel it -> re-pledge to MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets. But be aware, the "2X Panel Sets" bundles are limited to 50 units (both for MJOLNIR S and R) and seem to be pretty popular.

IMO it's safer to do the reverse, i.e. pledge to 2X Panel Sets first -> cancel it -> re-pledge to just MJOLNIR S later.

Reactions: thekinghippo

Windofchange13

Efficiency Noob
Apr 14, 2019
  • The logo

That's pretty good too! Probably worth just doing a real poll if we get to that level, hopefully Kickstarter has the tools to do that easily.
To answer your questions, absolutely! You can pledge to MJOLNIR S -> cancel it -> re-pledge to MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets. But be aware, the "2X Panel Sets" bundles are limited to 50 units (both for MJOLNIR S and R) and seem to be pretty popular.

IMO it's safer to do the reverse, i.e. pledge to 2X Panel Sets first -> cancel it -> re-pledge to just MJOLNIR S later.

Great point. I'll set an unnecessary number of alarms for November 26th and pledge to the 2X panel set.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That's pretty good too! Probably worth just doing a real poll if we get to that level, hopefully Kickstarter has the tools to do that easily.

Great point. I'll set an unnecessary number of alarms for November 26th and pledge to the 2X panel set.

Haha that's awesome man XD Btw am I the only one who have set like ten alarms on IOS before...just to have none of them go off (for some reason)?

Regarding Shield of Founders, I'm thinking that we can create a couple of different versions and let you guys vote here ?

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
The 92mm aio prototype was produced without any problems, right? Is the cost a problem?

It's a very disappointing change that isn't Unibody.

And don't you have the option to buy two versions of s?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The 92mm aio prototype was produced without any problems, right? Is the cost a problem?

It's a very disappointing change that isn't Unibody.

And don't you have the option to buy two versions of s?

The 92mm had considerably worse surface finish than the current models. Having seen both in person, I know that you guys would have chosen the machined version. It's just much more premium, plain and simple. It's not a cost problem, it's more about meeting the surface quality and uniformity that we promised.

The machined enclosure is much more expensive than the cast one.

Currently there is an option for MJOLNIR S + MJOLNIR R, but we're looking into Backerit to make it possible as @For_Science previously brought up.

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfatpno

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'll let this image speak for itself. Of those who have seen both MJOLNIRs first hand, the CNC won by basically 100% ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just asking out of curiosity.

Wouldn't this rough surface have a stronger tolerance for scratch? What do you think guys?

Glad that you understand the reason :) Regarding proneness to scratch, they should be the same in terms of that.

Who's doing it? Lian Li?

Actually, we have set up our own manufacturing & logistics chain!

Reactions: danny.nguyen

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
  • The logo

Logo only please. With such an elegant case, minimalism is better. Don’t need the text to explain how exclusive the panel is, the logo is enough.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
I support your decision.

I am willing to pay more money even if you decide to maintain the same quality as the left while maintaining the unibody.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I support your decision.

I am willing to pay more money even if you decide to maintain the same quality as the left while maintaining the unibody.

We actually looked into it, using a 5-axis CNC. However, it was not possible. That's not to mention how ridiculously expensive it would have been to create such parts ?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex, what would be Mjolnir S shipping to Australia cost?

Need to work out if I can justify it at the moment....

Hey man!

Alright, so to Australia it is:
  • MJOLNIR S = $299
  • Shipping & all fees = $43.76
Hope that helped ?

Reactions: Tazpr