• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

arkitec

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2019
hey guys, what do you think about negative pressure? (without glass panel)

I totally agree with this negative pressure idea. Earlier in comment I mentioned that to bring this project to life with this price range, something got to be better than other similar cases. It's became nearly 10L anyway, so why not make it slightly larger for additional space for allowing 2 proper size fans to slip in either bottom or top. Of course, they should keep the proportion ratio but just make it hair larger.

All I want is this case. BUT still, airflow issues will be exactly same with other SFF cases out there. The biggest concern is would people agree with this price with same problems as other SFF cases that we can already guess.

Lachinois

Efficiency Noob
Jun 16, 2019
Of all the cases out there, this one really hits all the buttons for me. Reversible, windowed (but with some ventilation), high quality, RGB (a.k.a. Unicorn Vomit), aluminum finish.

Can't wait for this KS to start... although chances of having a unit before 2020 sound slim (they expect Q4 2019 but we all know that dates always slip with kickstarters, so the real optimistic release date should probably be Q1 2020)

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
haven't heard an update for a while. are they dead?

No don't worry, I'll make sure to reply to everybody soon ? We're currently still in the anodizing stage, I'll make sure to write an update as soon as we have some new results.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@AlexTzone

I hope it's not too late to include mini-dtx before mass production begins. I would buy it if that happens.

Because I plan to buy Asus ROG Crosshair Impact VIII and it is AMD AM$ X570 mini-dtx.

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone

I hope it's not too late to include mini-dtx before mass production begins. I would buy it if that happens.

Because I plan to buy Asus ROG Crosshair Impact VIII and it is AMD AM$ X570 mini-dtx.
I do not think this is going to possible since the outer case dimensions are set in stone already. There is no space for another PCIe slot worth of height. Mini-DTX is such a rare-form factor that it makes little sense to design a sandwich case around this. The width/height ratio will change, and is questionable whether it makes sense to have DTX + sandwich since you will probably need 2 risers.

Furthermore, the Impact VIII has that crazy riser card for M.2 drives that will not fit this case anyway, so a poor choice overall. I would recommend you to consider the X570-I instead.

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
To be honest, I am worried that other cases with similar structure and size (DAN C4, Sidearm T1)may make the competition really tough if the Mjolnir doesn’t come out soon.

Reactions: AlexTzone

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
To be honest, I am worried that other cases with similar structure and size (DAN C4, Sidearm T1)may make the competition really tough if the Mjolnir doesn’t come out soon.

I completely agree with you. I think it was very unwise to go as silent as they have, especially considering the thermals weren't exactly stellar results. I was hoping this downtime was going to involve people like Ali at OptimumTech and others reviewing the case, as that would help keep the case in the public eye... Without continued updates, people will sadly forget... or just move on to the next hot thing that's coming out.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates during the past month! ?

We are not on vacation, but have talked to & tested many different anodizing shops (it takes some time to send the parts back and forth). Our problem is that the prototype parts have slightly different alloys, making it hard to color match them properly. This problem occurred because we manufactured the parts with different producers. Anyhow, the problem is now solved and we expect to show some results this week. Right now the parts are anodized black, but we will try to anodize them dark gray before sending the cases out for review.

Regarding funding
Our email list is now large enough that we would have gotten 100% funding during the original launch. I feel pretty confident that the campaign will reach its goal after Youtube reviews and some other goodies ?

When to expect Youtube reviews
1 week of shipping the parts
1 week of anodizing them
1 week of shipping them back
1 week of finding the final YouTubers
1 week to send the cases to them
= 5 weeks until they should be in their hands

When to expect relaunch
1 week after the first Youtube video
= 6 weeks from now

Stay tuned friends! I'll start replying daily from now on, so if you've got any questions just ask away! Also, there were so many replies before this that it will be hard to answer all of them XD If you feel something you asked before needs to be answered, please post the question again after this and I'll get straight to it!

Best,
Alex

Last edited: