• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
This is probably a dumb request, but I'll regret it terribly if I don't at least ask... I know your recommendation is to have an AIO on the CPU and a blower card for the case version with glass sides, but the thought of a blower card screaming at 3k RPM during games doesn't sound particularly appealing. In my dreams I would be using the spot for the 140mm rad for the GPU and the CPU would be air cooled. I was wondering if you could test something like a fanless Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP with a 140x15mm fan blowing up through it like the demo'd setup for the Sliger 550. I'd greatly appreciate it to know if this setup would be a viable build. (The Shadow Rock heatsink is 50.4mm tall and the site lists compatibility for 51mm coolers. It may not fit, but there's probably something similar enough. I secretly wish the 2mm wasn't shifted to the GPU side a couple months ago.)

On that note, I know it was probably enough of a struggle as is to increase the clearance on the bottom to allow for a 280x23mm rad, but it seems like a crying shame to be 2mm away from allowing 140x25mm fan compatibility! A 15mm vs. 25mm tall fan could have a large effect on how viable the above style build would be. Thanks for listening.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Just out of curiosity: is there a particular reason why you decided to place the AIO for the CPU at the bottom of the case? Wouldn't it be more efficient to directly eject the hot air at the top? I know, the case can be swapped, so this is not really an issue.
However, some graphics gards have nice LED illumination of the logo on the side (e.g. on this card), which is impossible to see the way the case is designed. If the AIO was on top, the graphics card could be at the very bottom and hence the LEDs would be visible through the side panel.

[edit] When the GPU is upside down, is it true that it will only be held in place by two screws on the outside, hence a single point of support? The PCI-E connector will hardly be enough to counteract the torque from the card.
Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTzone

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019
That should be possible :) As long as the bracket width is within 120mm.

I rechecked the brackets's dimension, it is 140mm wide:(
Can we get something like a 3D print file to make it possible? Because there is no such adapter available. Most of them are made for 3.5 disk and thus very large in size.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@AlexTzone can you give the measurements for the following?

frame height
frame width
distance from the edge of the motherboard to the inner part of the front panel

Thanks!

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019

What do you think about installing an exhaust fan here? When aio and aluminum panels were applied.

I doubt if there is any space for the fan. Water blocks and pipes will use some height and it may not be that perfectly routed like the image showing.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018

What do you think about installing an exhaust fan here? When aio and aluminum panels were applied.
Maybe a 92x15mm fan or 80x10mm fan might fit. It most likely will have to be zip tied to the side panel. Plus that fan will most likely not be cooling anything of importance as there will most likely be no room above the cooler block/ vrm area. Maybe it cools an M.2 heatsink at most?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So will the kraken M22 with the noctua fan be compatible? Really hope so, cause that is my dream for this case!

I currently have a M22 + 15 mm Noctua fan in one of the prototypes, but it has very thick tubes which makes it hard to work with. I think a Corsair H55/H60 + 25 mm Noctua fan + 15 mm fan under the Motherboard is a better option from a performance angle.

It may be possible to squeeze in a M22 with 25 mm fan if you have very good cable management skills.

The case looks awesome, good work!
A question regarding the glass panels: will that version still come with a metal top panel? I think it would be a bad idea to have no ventilation at all on the top side...

I recall reading on a previous update that the glass top is now gone. Only the ventilated aluminium top panel will be available.

Yes exactly, the metal top panel has ventilation :)

Glad the LED strips have a super high LED density. Looks awesome.

Thanks man, we're not cheaping out on those LEDs XD This setup looks much better compared to the previous one, mostly due to the fact that you don't observe the strips directly!

This is probably a dumb request, but I'll regret it terribly if I don't at least ask... I know your recommendation is to have an AIO on the CPU and a blower card for the case version with glass sides, but the thought of a blower card screaming at 3k RPM during games doesn't sound particularly appealing. In my dreams I would be using the spot for the 140mm rad for the GPU and the CPU would be air cooled. I was wondering if you could test something like a fanless Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP with a 140x15mm fan blowing up through it like the demo'd setup for the Sliger 550. I'd greatly appreciate it to know if this setup would be a viable build. (The Shadow Rock heatsink is 50.4mm tall and the site lists compatibility for 51mm coolers. It may not fit, but there's probably something similar enough. I secretly wish the 2mm wasn't shifted to the GPU side a couple months ago.)

On that note, I know it was probably enough of a struggle as is to increase the clearance on the bottom to allow for a 280x23mm rad, but it seems like a crying shame to be 2mm away from allowing 140x25mm fan compatibility! A 15mm vs. 25mm tall fan could have a large effect on how viable the above style build would be. Thanks for listening.

I really appreciate that you ask such questions, without community input this case would have been a shadow of what it is today! However, the limitation is 120mm, not 140mm :\

Just out of curiosity: is there a particular reason why you decided to place the AIO for the CPU at the bottom of the case? Wouldn't it be more efficient to directly eject the hot air at the top? I know, the case can be swapped, so this is not really an issue.
However, some graphics gards have nice LED illumination of the logo on the side (e.g. on this card), which is impossible to see the way the case is designed. If the AIO was on top, the graphics card could be at the very bottom and hence the LEDs would be visible through the side panel.

[edit] When the GPU is upside down, is it true that it will only be held in place by two screws on the outside, hence a single point of support? The PCI-E connector will hardly be enough to counteract the torque from the card.
Or am I missing something?

No particular reason, just felt right :) You can always make up for the swap-lost-lighting with MJOLNIR's built in lighting :cool: Regarding fixture of the GPU, it sits very very tight even without screws; as a matter of fact I haven't bothered to fix it with screws in our prototypes. We'll have to gauge what independent reviewers think about it, but we may end up removing those screws all together. More on this later :thumb:

I rechecked the brackets's dimension, it is 140mm wide:(
Can we get something like a 3D print file to make it possible? Because there is no such adapter available. Most of them are made for 3.5 disk and thus very large in size.

Interesting idea, we can definitely work on some 3D-printable tings for MJOLNIR once the production is up an running :)

when will kickstarter again?

Something like 3-4 months depending on how fast our email list grows :) Once it's about 4x as big as when we first launched we'll be ready for a relaunch.

@AlexTzone can you give the measurements for the following?

frame height
frame width
distance from the edge of the motherboard to the inner part of the front panel

Thanks!

I'm weary of giving out exact dimensions right now, what do you want to use them for?

Maybe a 92x15mm fan or 80x10mm fan might fit. It most likely will have to be zip tied to the side panel. Plus that fan will most likely not be cooling anything of importance as there will most likely be no room above the cooler block/ vrm area. Maybe it cools an M.2 heatsink at most?

I'm quite sure that it will not fit :\ A better option is 120 mm aio + fan under the motherboard.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
In the spirit of Odin, UPDATE!

We have been narrowing down our search for the perfect anodizing shop, I'll do my best to send them the prototypes in the upcoming week. Once that's done there is nothing standing in between MJOLNIR and some long-awaited YouTube reviews :cool: For now, here are some more pics of the assembled enclosure (not yet anodized), metal and glass panels as well as the dust filter. I think the manufacturers have done a terrific job!

Featuring our awesome goat-mascot...Ralph! I'm almost sure nobody will see this text lol.

What do you guys think?

Btw please spread the word about MJOLNIR if you can, however you can. The relaunch is mainly dependent of how many we have in our email list :thumb: I'm quite sure we'll reach the appropriate level in 3-4 months, but it never hurts to accelerate the process a bit more. Dream scenario: enough people have subscribed after the first couple of Youtube reviews and we can launch straight away :)

Best,
Alex

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
that glass looks amazing, looking forward to what other surprises you'll be sending our way. Especially with the top area as you alluded to in the sff subreddit ;)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone wanted to make a custom reservoir.

I see, that's cool! Tell you what, once the KS campaign is up and running we can talk about it again and I'll make sure you have the measurements you need :thumb:

that glass looks amazing, looking forward to what other surprises you'll be sending our way. Especially with the top area as you alluded to in the sff subreddit ;)

Hohoho dang I was trying to be as cryptic as possible XD This surprise will have to wait until after we have shipped the first batch, but we'll make sure everything is compatible etc.

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
The case looks stunning! Though the ventilation on the panels looks a little limited.

From what I've seen, almost all case designers increase their ventilation amount either from early to later prototype, or from early to later batches/versions.

Since it seems that AMD and Intel are coming up with higher and higher TDP chips, it may be worth it to just have "excessive" ventilation to prepare for that.

I know it may compromise the looks. But I do think the case will look beautiful either way, even with bigger ventilation.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
No particular reason, just felt right :) You can always make up for the swap-lost-lighting with MJOLNIR's built in lighting :cool: Regarding fixture of the GPU, it sits very very tight even without screws; as a matter of fact I haven't bothered to fix it with screws in our prototypes. We'll have to gauge what independent reviewers think about it, but we may end up removing those screws all together. More on this later :thumb:

Thanks for the answer. Just to confirm: the graphics card is held in place firmly in the upside-down configuration? So there is no chance that the GPU might drop out of the slot e.g. during transportation? Could you please verify this by shaking the case?

Last edited:

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
I currently have a M22 + 15 mm Noctua fan in one of the prototypes, but it has very thick tubes which makes it hard to work with. I think a Corsair H55/H60 + 25 mm Noctua fan + 15 mm fan under the Motherboard is a better option from a performance angle.

It may be possible to squeeze in a M22 with 25 mm fan if you have very good cable management skills.

Hmm, the M22 doesn't have the best of reviews for 120mm AIOs. The Corsair might be the better option.
The interesting comparison will be a 120mm AIO/25mm fan + 15mm under the motherboard vs. the Silverstone Tundra TD02-Slim with just one 25mm fan. I'm thinking the lack of a second fan will negate the extra radiator length, with overall reduced airflow in the case.

While the outer shells are out getting anodized, could you get some shots of the inner frame with components mounted? Want to see how real components look compared to the (beautiful) renders on your site.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Is it possible flip install the SMPS when frame fliped?
SMPS has less heat than graphics card. What about venting through aio?

Is there sufficient space between the power supply and the frame that can help with cable management?

arkitec

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2019
Hello Team Thor Zone,

Simple thought, since the case size is this big already (still nice and compact), why not making the case bit more larger to make 240mm rad with 2 fan to fit in?
Lets say like Dan is working on C4 case. SFF, I get it but your design is amazing so maybe not this time but would love to see a case size like between ATX and ITX case size in the future?!
Thank you,

P.S. Design is very nice, Quality is very nice, but airflow issues are same as most of other mini itx case.....

Dan's A4 - First mini itx case cool design so people jump in
M1 Case - Slightly larger than Dan's A4 (still compact) but better airflow solution so people jump in

Why no make Thor Zone mjolnir take advantages from both Dan's A4 and M1 Case?
I just love your case so I am wishing it's gonna happen so.....

Last edited:

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Hello Team Thor Zone,

Simple thought, since the case size is this big already (still nice and compact), why not making the case bit more larger to make 240mm rad with 2 fan to fit in?
Lets say like Dan is working on C4 case. SFF, I get it but your design is amazing so maybe not this time but would love to see a case size like between ATX and ITX case size in the future?!
Thank you,

P.S. Design is very nice, Quality is very nice, but airflow issues are same as most of other mini itx case.....

Dan's A4 - First mini itx case cool design so people jump in
M1 Case - Slightly larger than Dan's A4 (still compact) but better airflow solution so people jump in

Why no make Thor Zone mjolnir take advantages from both Dan's A4 and M1 Case?
I just love your case so I am wishing it's gonna happen so.....

So... Micro ATX?

Sorry... ?

I personally think that it if possible shouldn't be bigger. While I totally agree that it would be awesome to have both fans, I would rather see a solution where the motherboard is for example moved a bit up, and the 240mm rad supports two slim fans instead of having the case be taller.

To not screw up the beautiful ratio between height and width, you'd also have to make the case wider if the 240mm rad was to support a second fan, further contributing to the size increase. Small dimension increases make a larger volume difference that you'd think.

Also, having a 240mm rad isn't the only option. Right now, the back most fan slot (in your scenario probably covered up by the second half of the 240mm rad) could be used for a beefy 120mm fan, while only having a 120mm rad up front, maybe even making a bigger difference temp wise (if not to the CPU, probably to the GPU with the added airflow from the bottom).