• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just came across Aerocool DS Cube when browsing around.
Doesn't matter now anyway since you have changed your design. But just thought anybody here will find this interesting.

Wow that front is similar design wise (although the mesh is reversed). I know for a fact that this was not a source of inspiration for MJOLNIR I (which took the design of our eGPU project THOR I, which in itself was designed late 2016 in our thorzone-messenger conversation).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
maybe some kind of plastic finned insert

That would be possible, but would incur additional costs to the case :eek:

Damn man. This is crazy... The Coolest looking case ever period. I would be interested in this thing. idk if it was already thru some kickstarter pre order thing but tell me how i can get my hands on this thing.

Thanks a lot, feels really good to hear those word :) THOR ZONE teams thanks you!

zanduh

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2018
while that bottom shot looks familiar, the second you see the rest of the case you see how fricken bizarre and disjointed it looks.. Especially with the powerbutton and IO on top

Reactions: AlexTzone

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Just came across Aerocool DS Cube when browsing around.
Doesn't matter now anyway since you have changed your design. But just thought anybody here will find this interesting.

That is super interesting! Thanks for sharing!

My favorite part about the Mjolnir design was the front panel. It was made it really stand out from the "A4 clones".

Nothing beats the look of a futuristic rectangular thruster intake.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That is super interesting! Thanks for sharing!

My favorite part about the Mjolnir design was the front panel. It was made it really stand out from the "A4 clones".

Nothing beats the look of a futuristic rectangular thruster intake.

Was or is still your favorite part? ;) It's recently been slightly modified to make it more solid/rigid, check it out:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Was or is still your favorite part? ;) It's recently been slightly modified to make it more solid/rigid, check it out:

I'm just being picky. I understand the reason why it was changed from an engineering / manufacturing perspective.

From an, "I want it all" perspective, the image that sold me on this chassis was one of the original renders with the LEDs emitting through the fins.

Absolutely breathtaking.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm just being picky. I understand the reason why it was changed from an engineering / manufacturing perspective.

From an, "I want it all" perspective, the image that sold me on this chassis was one of the original renders with the LEDs emitting through the fins.

Absolutely breathtaking.

You prove a very good point, and everybody else that have spoken their mind about this. We'll have to take a day tomorrow and figure out how to bring the fins back and still have the case be possible to manufacture :)

Reactions: dlal1520

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
This looks perfect! the fin stack just really completes the look.

Really happy to hear it! And thanks for pointing it out to us originally :)

Good news, some MJOLNIR I prototype parts are now being made. The first one will arrive in 8-9 days, it's the main part of the internal frame (all other parts of the frame are in some way connected to it. It's probably the second most complex part after the unibody enclosure).

Regarding the unibody enclosure, the Swedish investment casting producers are a bit slow to respond due to vacations etc. I really want to get it made and delivered as soon as possible because it's arguably what makes MJOLNIR I = MJOLNIR I for most people :thumb:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
have you considered moving the front ssd bay behind the psu in order to make the case shorter but larger (this way it could fit taller cpu cooler and maybe a 120mm fan/radiator under the psu)?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
This is sexy

Looks great and very promising. I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

Big thanks to you both!! :D

have you considered moving the front ssd bay behind the psu in order to make the case shorter but larger (this way it could fit taller cpu cooler and maybe a 120mm fan/radiator under the psu)?

Interesting idea, but it will have to wait for a future project seeing as many MJOLNIR I parts are now quoted and prototype under way.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Finally got an update from DHL! The first prototype part will arrive on Monday as expected, YEY!! :D

Reactions: vetusPC

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Question. With an HDPlex and a "mini" gpu. Can a 120 rad fit at the top as well as the bottom in that front area?

Possible if:
  • Put the 120 mm rad where the PSU sits
  • Stuff the HDPlex underneath

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys, time for an important one!

This is a big day - below piece of machined & bead-blasted aluminium is the first part to ever be created for MJOLNIR I! I shiver at the thought of how many calculations went into making this one part, seeing as almost every other component of MJOLNIR I is dependent on it. It's not as sexy as the unibody enclosure will be...but it sure is the most complex. Anyways, I personally think it turned out quite beautiful, what do you think?

* NOTE: I don't have the best camera so the images have a bit of noise *

I marked the part in blue so that it's easier to understand how it's connected.

Now we just need to finish the rest! We'll update you as soon as anything new turns up :)

Best,
Alex

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
Would a hdplex400 fit where the dual 2.5 tray (remove it) is at the front? So if we use a m2 nvme instead of ssd in tray and an hdplex400 instead of sfx psu we can possibly fit an aio liquid cooler in sfx psu space.