• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Woah! I love the look of this case, but the asking $299 is way beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Yes it's premium, but I'd probably go with Dan case for much, much less money.

I'm hoping the final cost will drop before production.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Woah! I love the look of this case, but the asking $299 is way beyond what I'm willing to pay.

Yes it's premium, but I'd probably go with Dan case for much, much less money.

I'm hoping the final cost will drop before production.

Thanks a lot for appreciating the case :D

Well such design costs a lot to manufacture unfortunately, our hope is that enough people will be willing to back us at that price point :) Anyways, is the DAN case really much much less? (from the kickstarter is seems to be €290 for a A4-SFX v2 & window kit, which is roughly 345 USD)

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for appreciating the case :D

Well such design costs a lot to manufacture unfortunately, our hope is that enough people will be willing to back us at that price point :) Anyways, is the DAN case really much much less? (from the kickstarter is seems to be €290 for a A4-SFX v2 & window kit, which is roughly 345 USD)
Dan's case is 225 USD. It has the option to be windowless. With this case the price is not negotiable because we're forced to get a see-thru wide panel which increase the cost.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys, I'm extremely happy to say that Update #7 is finally here!

As I announced yesterday, the tolerance optimization & production readiness of MJOLNIR I is finalized. IMHO this has been the most time-consuming and crucial step for this project, taking us a good 4 months to complete.

Here are some specs about the final product

Now I know what some will say; nothing is final before the prototype is complete and tests are done. I totally agree and we built the 3D model to be very flexible and interlinked (almost everything can be altered to some degree and re-optimized & production-ready in mere seconds).

This would not have been possible without your advice and everything you taught us. Special thanks to people contributing valuable resources to the 3D Models section of this forum, really helpful when it comes to dimensions (IO shield cutout, etc).

We'll start to build the prototype in the beginning of June, and as I have said before there will be no Kickstarter launch before you've seen a prototype and thermal tests :thumb:

Best,
Alex

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
I know this may be way too early to ask for, but seeing all these updates has got me excited; if all goes well, when do you expect to get the kickstarter up/actually shipping these awesome cases.

keep up the great work!

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Very nice, cant wait to see a real-life prototype :)

Really appreciate it, can't wait to start putting together one and showcasing it here :)

I know this may be way too early to ask for, but seeing all these updates has got me excited; if all goes well, when do you expect to get the kickstarter up/actually shipping these awesome cases.

keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot! We expect to launch the Kickstarter in August + 4 weeks of tooling + 8 weeks of production + 4 weeks of packaging and shipping. So roughly speaking people should start receiving their cases in December this year. (This is based on 1000 units, if we get less backers then it will take less time to ship and vice versa) :)

It will literally be like Christmas when they start to arrive :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: dlal1520

Tim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you for reply Alex,
I understand that the build cost a lot and this must be the price (299 USD) but there is and will be maybe more companies which will present similar cases. Imagine what can happen if fox example Lian Li or In Win ( unique design ) will announcement some ssff case on CES 2018 ?
I insist that you must put more technology and design ( Transparent LCD display, maybe capacitive panel (switch), better temperature/airflow , custom watercooling, wireless charging cover for mobile device ) make something from this list , not only better materials ( nobody take care about if it is made from Alloy 1100 or 7075 ).
Stand on challenges and make a difference.
Best , Tim.

And here we are after some months later . InWin A1 with wireless Qi charger.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
And here we are after some months later . InWin A1 with wireless Qi charger.

Hey Tim,

It's a good looking case, all the power to them for helping the SFF community grow.

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you about putting more tech into our case BUT we're a startup, and there are a lot of pitfalls (over-promises etc) to avoid and experience to be gathered. Simply put, we have to learn how to walk before we can run (that was so cliche).

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
this is cool case but guys decrease your price on 150-200 $ and u will sell all your products in record time, who need rgb i buy some stripes for 10$ and connect to motherboard who has aura or something for rgb and save my money, its to expensive and people dont buy it,because NEW DAN C4 SFX is coming in Q1 2019 and will be 150-200 $ and believe me, people have buy it, you are too much expensive ....

Last edited:

MrBreakfst

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
this is cool case but guys decrease your price on 150-200 $ and u will sell all your products in record time, who need rgb i buy some stripes for 10$ and connect to motherboard who has aura or something for rgb and save my money, its to expensive and people dont buy it,because NEW DAN S4 SFX is coming in Q1 2019 and will be 150-200 $ and believe me, people have buy it, you are too much expensive ....

Dan S4-sfx? :eek:

Reactions: AlexTzone

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
My bad full name is Dan C4-sfx and here are specs

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D): 239,8 x 127,3 x 322,8mm, 9.85L
Overall Dimensions: 250 x 127,3 x 322,8mm (including case feets)
Weight: ??? Kg

Graphic cards support: Dual-Slot and 2.5 Slot GPU up to 295mm length
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 62mm height
Water cooling support: 240mm AIO
· radiator thickness 38mm with 2x 16mm thick fans
· radiator thickness 30mm with 2x 25mm thick fans
· radiator thickness 27mm with 2x 25m thick fans
· radiator thickness 22mm with 2x 25mm thick fans

Drives: 3 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Front ports: 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A & 1x Type-C (internal 20pin plug), 1x Microphone, 1x Line-Out
Power button: Premium-grade button

Material: 1.5mm aluminum (outer parts), 1.5mm aluminum (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with Lian Li Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized sand blasted black or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Risercard: Includes PCIe 16x hard riser

Price tag: 160-180€

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
My bad full name is Dan C4-sfx and here are specs

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D): 239,8 x 127,3 x 322,8mm, 9.85L
Overall Dimensions: 250 x 127,3 x 322,8mm (including case feets)
Weight: ??? Kg

Graphic cards support: Dual-Slot and 2.5 Slot GPU up to 295mm length
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 62mm height
Water cooling support: 240mm AIO
· radiator thickness 38mm with 2x 16mm thick fans
· radiator thickness 30mm with 2x 25mm thick fans
· radiator thickness 27mm with 2x 25m thick fans
· radiator thickness 22mm with 2x 25mm thick fans

Drives: 3 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Front ports: 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A & 1x Type-C (internal 20pin plug), 1x Microphone, 1x Line-Out
Power button: Premium-grade button

Material: 1.5mm aluminum (outer parts), 1.5mm aluminum (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with Lian Li Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized sand blasted black or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Risercard: Includes PCIe 16x hard riser

Price tag: 160-180€
You are comparing 2 products with a much different build quality

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
this is cool case but guys decrease your price on 150-200 $ and u will sell all your products in record time, who need rgb i buy some stripes for 10$ and connect to motherboard who has aura or something for rgb and save my money, its to expensive and people dont buy it,because NEW DAN C4 SFX is coming in Q1 2019 and will be 150-200 $ and believe me, people have buy it, you are too much expensive ....

Hey,

It's not going to be possible to lower our price initially, although it's definitely possible in the future (if we sell larger quantities and get better discounts from producers). Please note, the price is not high because we want to grab a large profit, the price is relatively high because producing MJOLNIR I to the quality standard we aim for will cost a lot.

Best,
Alex

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
@confusis Hey John, curious about how PC is it to provide specs for another chassis maker in another designers thread. See above #172

As a bit of feedback, although I agree the price is high. I’m excited to see pics of a prototype so I can make a more informed decision.

The chassis looks great Alex, really enjoy seeing you companies progress and the amazing RGB component renders on instagram.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hoping to see some prototypes soon!

And you will see some soon :cool: Unibody enclosure will take 1 month to 3D print (ultra high quality and 90% infill) and then around 2 weeks to cast into aluminium (this will of course be done significantly faster once we buy real dies for the casting process, no need to 3D print each time). Things like the glass panels and sheet metal frames should arrive much much faster, we'll keep you posted :)

@confusis Hey John, curious about how PC is it to provide specs for another chassis maker in another designers thread. See above #172

As a bit of feedback, although I agree the price is high. I’m excited to see pics of a prototype so I can make a more informed decision.

The chassis looks great Alex, really enjoy seeing you companies progress and the amazing RGB component renders on instagram.

Thanks a lot, really happy to hear it :D We'll keep you posted as prototype parts start to come in! Haha glad you liked them, we were a bit worried that enthusiasts would get bored by our "hardware compatibility" pics, but a bit of RGB can spice things up XD

Reactions: dlal1520

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Any update on this?
They had a social media post the other day saying their prototype was 7% complete.

I’m not familiar with how it’s being manufactured to give an accurate interpretation of what 7% means, but it is progress. And for that I am grateful.

Last edited: