greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018

Reactions: AlexTzone

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I really
They had a social media post the other day saying their prototype was 7% complete.

I’m not familiar with how it’s being manufactured to give an accurate interpretation of what 7% means, but it is progress. And for that I am grateful.

Hope this case does not follow footsteps of the Loque Ghost S1. I really want to like this design, but if it doesn't come through, I'd be so disappointed.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Any update on this?

They had a social media post the other day saying their prototype was 7% complete.

I’m not familiar with how it’s being manufactured to give an accurate interpretation of what 7% means, but it is progress. And for that I am grateful.

mini itx chassis

Heey Guys,

Sorry for the lack of recent updates, we had a week off last week (some of us vent on vacation, others met up with family and friends). Now we're all back. There have been a couple of minor dimension adjustments (0.5 mm here and there) after talking to producers. We're ordering sheet metal and laser cut parts next week. The week after that we aim to order the enclosure, glass and aluminium panels.

If you have any (realistic) modding ideas for MJOLNIR I, please comment on our latest Instagram post. If your idea wins you'll be able to get it after the Kickstarter launch :)

Anyhow, we'll be back with new pics as soon as the parts start to arrive.

ps. We have talked about sending the prototype to Alex (MarzBar) for review, please share your thought on this :)

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Personally I think that's a bad idea. Send it to HarwareCanucks or another similar professional youtuber instead.
i agree, they would gain nothing by sending their case to a channel like that.

the number of subscribers doesn't mean that much if the demographic isn't interested in your product.

you need to reach out channels with subscribers interested in expensive/high quality cases.

the best ones are hardwareCanucks (which will decline as they did with the ghost s1) and GamersNexus (which just started a serie of videos about ITX cases so might agree to revew a prototype).

GamersNexus does VERY VERY indepth reviews and will be able to provide you LOTS and LOTS of data to improve your case

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
just wonder if there are any pics of prototype, I can only find render pics.

Oh from my experience with my project EG Model One. The more parts there are the higher the costs. I think you can consider reducing the number of separate parts, just my 2c.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Personally I think that's a bad idea. Send it to HarwareCanucks or another similar professional youtuber instead.

i agree, they would gain nothing by sending their case to a channel like that.

the number of subscribers doesn't mean that much if the demographic isn't interested in your product.

you need to reach out channels with subscribers interested in expensive/high quality cases.

the best ones are hardwareCanucks (which will decline as they did with the ghost s1) and GamersNexus (which just started a serie of videos about ITX cases so might agree to revew a prototype).

GamersNexus does VERY VERY indepth reviews and will be able to provide you LOTS and LOTS of data to improve your case

Thanks for sharing your opinion guys, we're going to try to get in contact with such channels and see if they would like to do a review :thumb:

just wonder if there are any pics of prototype, I can only find render pics.

Oh from my experience with my project EG Model One. The more parts there are the higher the costs. I think you can consider reducing the number of separate parts, just my 2c.

No prototype pics yet, working on it :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heey guys, time for an update :)

1. We're aiming to prototype the unibody enclosure first, given that virtually every other part (including the internal frame) is dependent on it. It's the most time consuming part to prototype (3 weeks to 3D print and another 2 weeks to cast and get back to our doorstep). We're basically trying to avoid having to re-create prototype parts (glass panels, aluminium panels, laser cut panels) if the dimensions of the unibody enclosure need to be slightly changed.

2. We have been talking back and forth with virtually every active investment casting firm in Sweden (7 firms) to identify potential problems with our 3D models. Luckily there were very few problems, and those that did exist are now fixed. However, one part of MJOLNIR I is now significantly different: the frontal intake grill. Check out the new version below:

The previous grill was to thin according to producers, this new one doesn't have that problem and is a bit more robust. What do you think? Did you like the old one better?

Best,
Alex

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Heey guys, time for an update :)

1. We're aiming to prototype the unibody enclosure first, given that virtually every other part (including the internal frame) is dependent on it. It's the most time consuming part to prototype (3 weeks to 3D print and another 2 weeks to cast and get back to our doorstep). We're basically trying to avoid having to re-create prototype parts (glass panels, aluminium panels, laser cut panels) if the dimensions of the unibody enclosure need to be slightly changed.

2. We have been talking back and forth with virtually every active investment casting firm in Sweden (7 firms) to identify potential problems with our 3D models. Luckily there were very few problems, and those that did exist are now fixed. However, one part of MJOLNIR I is now significantly different: the frontal intake grill. Check out the new version below:

The previous grill was to thin according to producers, this new one doesn't have that problem and is a bit more robust. What do you think? Did you like the old one better?

Best,
Alex
Don't like that the pilars are not the same on top and bottom. One Pilar on top and two on bottom? Make them the same.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Don't like that the pilars are not the same on top and bottom. One Pilar on top and two on bottom? Make them the same.
I don't quite see what you mean. There are 2 pillars on top, 2 on bottom, 2 on the left and 2 on the right :thumb: It's perhaps clearer in the pic below :)

Last edited:

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
I don't quite see what you mean. There are 2 pillars on top, 2 on bottom, 2 on the left and 2 on the right :thumb: It's perhaps clearer in the pic below :)

I think it looks good, but i feel like its a lot of empty space. Maybe have the pillars evenly spaced all the way around the open space?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Think it looks great.

Really appreciate it!

I think it looks good, but i feel like its a lot of empty space. Maybe have the pillars evenly spaced all the way around the open space?

More space for that awesome RGB lighting to shine through perhaps? ;) On a serious note, I do understand what you mean and we have tried to have more of those pillars (15 mm spacing between each) but that looked a bit weird IMHO :eek:

Reactions: dlal1520

RelentlesSausage

Trash Compacter
May 1, 2018
anilist.co
Damn man. This is crazy... The Coolest looking case ever period. I would be interested in this thing. idk if it was already thru some kickstarter pre order thing but tell me how i can get my hands on this thing.