• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
At which date in June would Carbon color be shipped with the new time plan (including the slight new delay You mentioned) ?

We shipped some Graphite cases this morning, lining up more as we speak. Carbon and Moonstone will be around mid June.

Alex i did not include Lightrays when i made my order, can we still add it to my current order without it causing any delays ? and if so how can I easy pay for it and get it added to my existing order ?

I will check if we have any left now, when you wrote I didn’t have any unfortunately but I think we do now.

I mean no offence to Alex, but this company doesn’t really have a successful track record when it comes to delivering on its promises. That’s why people get sceptical.

Remember Nanoq were advertising “get yours in December” bs when they clearly knew they will only start pre-orders in December.
I certainly hope my case is shipped in June and it will arrive as a complete product. If June doesn’t work out, I will most likely chargeback the money.

You can simply ask me to cancel your order and you will receive a full refund, no need for chargebacks. The aim if of course to get them all shipped this month.

Brace for some bad lighting / camera factory photos:

IMG_2793.jpeg IMG_2751.jpeg IMG_2771.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kuj0 and rfarmer

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If anybody has direct questions, it’s better that you email us directly :) I will also send you sneak peeks from production.

Last edited:

amirkhain

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2021
We shipped some Graphite cases this morning, lining up more as we speak. Carbon and Moonstone will be around mid June.

I will check if we have any left now, when you wrote I didn’t have any unfortunately but I think we do now.

You can simply ask me to cancel your order and you will receive a full refund, no need for chargebacks. The aim if of course to get them all shipped this month.

Brace for some bad lighting / camera factory photos:

View attachment 3363 View attachment 3364 View attachment 3365
As I said, I really hope this product gets shipped and the quality doesn’t disappoint the customers. I truly think that this case is “one of a kind” with its design and it’s exactly what I was looking for: a unubody "apple-like" pc case.

Forgive me my scepticism, SFF world has seen a lot of undelivered cases :) "Chargeback" was a poor wording on my end, I ofc meant a standard refund.

Good luck with shipping!

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
Really excited to see these start to ship!

I know the hallmarks of an exit scam and this GB/Preorder definitely does not seem like one of them. Communication has been good and there have been a ton of photos at several stages of production and packing. Cheers to Alex and the team for getting this one out the door and making swift improvements with community feedback!

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
Has anybody gotten tracking or received their case yet? Curious since shipping started on Thursday last week if anybody has seen movement or gotten their hands on a unit yet!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Now to something more important, I noticed 2 issues that occur when the cases are shipped, both cause by vibration and hits the cases take during express shipping:
  1. The magnetized front bars can detach and slide around on the front of the case during shipping. This can cause damage to the shell (internally) and damage to the magnetized front bars themselves. We solve this by putting the magnetized front bars inside the accessories box so you can put them on safely once you get the case home.
  2. The lock mechanism has to be tighten a lot at the factory, because again, vibrations and hits during shipping can cause the screws to slowly get loose, which may cause the front lock columns to detach and create a similar situation to the one above. The solution we do here is to tighten the lock a LOT at the factory, so there is a good margin during shipping. You may need to use 2 hands to open the lock when you get it home. You can easily adjust the tightness of the lock with the included hex key.
Based on the above I propose the following:
  1. We have paused shipping.
  2. We send ourselves another case to see that these issues are no longer present (takes 3-4 days to arrive).
  3. At the same time, we continue to assemble Moonstone and Carbon.
  4. Once the new test shipment has arrived and I can confirm the issues are solved, we will ship all of the assembled cases at the same time (not just Graphite).
Again, these production units are so beautiful, it would be heartbreaking to have any of them damaged during the shipping phase, that's why I want to be on the safe side.

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
I can't see it. Says the channel doesn't exist or I don't have access?!

Based on the above I propose the following:
  1. We have paused shipping.
  2. We send ourselves another case to see that these issues are no longer present (takes 3-4 days to arrive).
  3. At the same time, we continue to assemble Moonstone and Carbon.
  4. Once the new test shipment has arrived and I can confirm the issues are solved, we will ship all of the assembled cases at the same time (not just Graphite).
Good. I'd rather wait and have a flawless unit than hurry and get it all scratched up. Besides, I'm waithing for zen5 (ryzen 9000) and blackwell (nvidia 5000) anyways. It's not like a pc builder can't assemble a case, so just sounds fun. If there is an issue with the lock, maybe a fat piece of tape can hold it in place?

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023

Good. I'd rather wait and have a flawless unit than hurry and get it all scratched up. Besides, I'm waithing for zen5 (ryzen 9000) and blackwell (nvidia 5000) anyways. It's not like a pc builder can't assemble a case, so just sounds fun. If there is an issue with the lock, maybe a fat piece of tape can hold it in place?
Honestly, same. The last thing I want is for this quite expensive and aesthetically pleasing case to arrive all scratched up. Glad mine hasn't shipped yet tbh.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
We only shipped to 2 people as well as 4 to ourselves for the initial shipments, and while I didn’t hear anything negative from the other 2 (on the contrary), I noticed these risks with the 4 units we received. They were not scratched, but I did see markings from the front bars on the front panel (which could be wiped off). In any case, this is not something we are going to risk and the magnetized front bars will be placed in the accessories box (inside cotton bags) during transit.

So yes, it was good to not go out of the gates blazing and shipping all graphites at once (which I can do since they were all assembled). We adjusted most of them yesterday and today, so I am looking forward to receiving a new unit to inspect how it fares in shipping. Hopefully this time everything is perfect and we can send all the finished ones. What makes me hopeful is that the shipping errors were very consistent on the 4 we received, it was the lock and magnetized front bars only, while the rest was perfect. So if we fix those 2, then the cases should be in perfect condition during shipping.

Reactions: rfarmer

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

It’s the SFF Hub discord (I am discord noob and unsure how to share posts so everyone can see).

Regarding the tape, this is not too far off from our last resort. I.e. if the new test shipment we recieve with the tightened lock is still too loose (or completely loose) upon arrival, we will wrap it with a plastic film to hold it and prevent vibration. However, the factory tightened the lock to where you could open it with a fingers, while we now tighten it so you need to use 2 hands, this is a very big margin and should stand against shipping vibrations. The lock mechanism can easily be tightened or loosened when you get the case home, it’s just a matter of turning 4 screws, our primary objective is to make sure it’s secure the whole journey to you.

Reactions: kuj0

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
no issues with late shipping with me. I am postponing my build until the 5090 comes out. There are rummors it may come in a two slot configuration and if this is true it will impact my build ( in a positive way ).
So I will end up sitting with the case unused for a couple of month anyway.

amirkhain

Efficiency Noob
Nov 23, 2021
We only shipped to 2 people as well as 4 to ourselves for the initial shipments, and while I didn’t hear anything negative from the other 2 (on the contrary), I noticed these risks with the 4 units we received. They were not scratched, but I did see markings from the front bars on the front panel (which could be wiped off). In any case, this is not something we are going to risk and the magnetized front bars will be placed in the accessories box (inside cotton bags) during transit.

So yes, it was good to not go out of the gates blazing and shipping all graphites at once (which I can do since they were all assembled). We adjusted most of them yesterday and today, so I am looking forward to receiving a new unit to inspect how it fares in shipping. Hopefully this time everything is perfect and we can send all the finished ones. What makes me hopeful is that the shipping errors were very consistent on the 4 we received, it was the lock and magnetized front bars only, while the rest was perfect. So if we fix those 2, then the cases should be in perfect condition during shipping.
"we only shipped to 2 people".
I am a little confused, a full week ago you said that you've already sent some cases "in the morning" and planned to ship more cases later that day.
You also said on discord "some have already received graphite".

Was these "some cases" and "some have already received graphite" 2 cases for 2 people?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
"we only shipped to 2 people".
I am a little confused, a full week ago you said that you've already sent some cases "in the morning" and planned to ship more cases later that day.
You also said on discord "some have already received graphite".

Was these "some cases" and "some have already received graphite" 2 cases for 2 people?

Yes that’s right, 2 people in addition to ourselves (4 cases), so 6 in total. I would be happier if we only sent ours though. Nothing prevents me from sending 200 at once, except then we wouldn’t have the chance to fix the packaging stuff I mention above.

Reactions: kuj0 and DefiCzech

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
All Graphite and Moonstone are finished and we're starting to assemble Carbon. I am waiting for some extra magnets that will arrive on Thursday, then we will send the new test shipment to HQ to verify that shipping is perfect now.

(If any of you guys have either Graphite or Moonstone, you can let me know if you want me to send you yours without verifying that shipping fixes are perfect now. I don't recommend it, it's better to wait, but you do have that choice).

Last edited: