Mini passive build

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
While I am waiting for some parts to arrive for my watercooling build, I found a chassis on ebay I have been looking to acquire for a while. I'm doing only minimal modding but alot of cramming so thought I would stick it up for your comments.

HDPLEX H1.S version 1 (Black)

They are beautiful little cases and I managed to snap one off Ebay recently rather cheaply. The key thing is its a V1, which is shorter than the V2 but still gives me everything I need.

I'm going to migrate my browsing machine over to this case and hopefully go entirely passive.

My existing build thats being transfered:

GIGABYTE MDQ17AI thin ITX
Intel i7-7700T
16gb DDR4 2666 SODIMM
1TB SAMSUNG MZVLW1T0HMLH (PCI-E 3.0 x4)
Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Its currently powered by a laptop charger but I aim to also add internal PSU when they are available.

The build!

So I should have taken some pictures before I started building, but I didn't, so here is a couple of shots from mid-way.

I then added the heatpipes in, they needed a little tweaking as the CPU slot is in a different position on thin boards, but it was neat once I got it sorted.

Mid tweaking:

I then fitted my single slot 1050ti:

It will eventually look something like this once I finish building the new lid:

Up next:
  • More heatpipes for the GPU to lid
  • Finish the lid off and paint
  • Benchies

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
These thin ITX boards are really good for low profile builds, nice one!

Up next:
  • More heatpipes for the GPU to lid
  • Finish the lid off and paint
How do you plan to attach the pipes to the GPU?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
Cool, very interested to see that!

For info there are some CPU blocks like below on ali that could maybe be adapted for a GPU:

I have a couple like that I could repurpose but I want to cover both Chip and Ram, so will just make my own using a similar design.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I have a couple like that I could repurpose but I want to cover both Chip and Ram, so will just make my own using a similar design.
Even better, can't wait to see that! :)