Mini passive build

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
739
1,513
While I am waiting for some parts to arrive for my watercooling build, I found a chassis on ebay I have been looking to acquire for a while. I'm doing only minimal modding but alot of cramming so thought I would stick it up for your comments.

HDPLEX H1.S version 1 (Black)

HDPLEX.H1.brushed.aluminum.faceplate.jpg


They are beautiful little cases and I managed to snap one off Ebay recently rather cheaply. The key thing is its a V1, which is shorter than the V2 but still gives me everything I need.

I'm going to migrate my browsing machine over to this case and hopefully go entirely passive.

My existing build thats being transfered:

GIGABYTE MDQ17AI thin ITX
Intel i7-7700T
16gb DDR4 2666 SODIMM
1TB SAMSUNG MZVLW1T0HMLH (PCI-E 3.0 x4)
Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Mg1C6awl.jpg
e6gvcogl.jpg


Its currently powered by a laptop charger but I aim to also add internal PSU when they are available.

The build!

So I should have taken some pictures before I started building, but I didn't, so here is a couple of shots from mid-way.

xGlnUlUl.jpg

9rBB650l.jpg


I then added the heatpipes in, they needed a little tweaking as the CPU slot is in a different position on thin boards, but it was neat once I got it sorted.

Mid tweaking:
4rzTOUzl.jpg


I then fitted my single slot 1050ti:
9wCNga4l.jpg


It will eventually look something like this once I finish building the new lid:
LB5RLnyl.jpg


Up next:
  • More heatpipes for the GPU to lid
  • Finish the lid off and paint
  • Benchies
 

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
739
1,513
Cool, very interested to see that!

For info there are some CPU blocks like below on ali that could maybe be adapted for a GPU:
HTB1ZCZkPFXXXXb0XFXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg


I have a couple like that I could repurpose but I want to cover both Chip and Ram, so will just make my own using a similar design.