Migrating to Cerberus X from a Corsair 450D

calcifer

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Hey SFF forum, I'd like to try doing this migration since my 450D is taking up too much space and its window is broken. Here's my part list, which raises some concerns:
  • H115i AIO has a 280mm radiator. Will it fit with an ATX motherboard and PSU?
  • If yes, is there any way to mount an ATX PSU in the front? Because the AIO pipes come out on top, not the side, and I don't think there will be enough vertical clearance for pump + pipes + PSU.
If this setup isn't viable and I have to buy new parts, should I get an SFX PSU or an AIO with smaller radiator and better pipes?

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
yes, front and/or bottom
  • If yes, is there any way to mount an ATX PSU in the front? Because the AIO pipes come out on top, not the side, and I don't think there will be enough vertical clearance for pump + pipes + PSU.
there's no front ATX PSU brackets at the moment, and the h110/115 might have problems bending against the ATX PSU at the rear
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/chimera-industries-cerberus-build-m109a6-v1.1770/page-2

you'd have better layout options in general with an SFX PSU though. silverstone has an SFX-L 700W Platinum and Corsair's about to release an SFX 750W Platinum

calcifer

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Thanks for that link, looks like I'd barely have clearance before the pipes with an SFX-L. I guess I'll wait for the Corsair.

Falim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 1, 2018
yes, front and/or bottom
there's no front ATX PSU brackets at the moment, and the h110/115 might have problems bending against the ATX PSU at the rear
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/chimera-industries-cerberus-build-m109a6-v1.1770/page-2

you'd have better layout options in general with an SFX PSU though. silverstone has an SFX-L 700W Platinum and Corsair's about to release an SFX 750W Platinum
H100i pro and H115i pro have more flexible and rotatable fittings on the cpu block similat to the nzxt x52 and x62 so it should be possible depending on the length of your ATX PSU.

calcifer

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
H100i pro and H115i pro have more flexible and rotatable fittings on the cpu block similat to the nzxt x52 and x62 so it should be possible depending on the length of your ATX PSU.

Someone also suggested the CM Masterliquid Lite 240 as the tubes on that can be completely flattened to the same height as the pump.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
mmm, actually replacing the AIO would be nice, in terms of having new coolant and pump again o_o

your call though. also keep in mind the cables that come with an ATX PSU would be quite long (because they're meant for tower cases) (but I'm not saying change PSU because the cables are long, LOL)

calcifer

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
mmm, actually replacing the AIO would be nice, in terms of having new coolant and pump again o_o
That's a good point actually. That thing is ~2.5 years old and it's been pumping every day for at least 4-5 hours.

also keep in mind the cables that come with an ATX PSU would be quite long
As long as I can stuff them somewhere, it's fine. I'm going for a windowless case.