Cerberus V2

Revenant

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
What changes would everyone like to see in a Version 2 of the Cerberus and Cerberus X?

Here are mine:

1. Slight increase in height to allow for mounting 120x25 or 140 x 25 fans at the top of the case. (Both models)

2. Front mount 240mm AIO on Cerberus

3. Ability to mount the SFX PSU like the NCASE M1 with an ITX build. This will allow for mounting an AIO on the swing arm. (Both Models)

4. Increase of GPU clearance by 15mm. This would give you a lot more GPU options with front mount AIO. GPUs are huge these days. (Both models)

5. To keep the case proportioned, increase the height, width, and depth in equal amounts. 15 mm ( 0.59 of an inch for Imperials). I don't have the cad files but I think that might be enough.

6. USB C.

It's my personal dream list. Also, it takes none of the realities of actually designing a case into effect and I'm absolutely certain there are items that would not make fiscal sense. But it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Thoughts?

Reactions: thelaughingman

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
What changes would everyone like to see in a Version 2 of the Cerberus and Cerberus X?

Here are mine:

1. Slight increase in height to allow for mounting 120x25 or 140 x 25 fans at the top of the case. (Both models)

2. Front mount 240mm AIO on Cerberus

3. Ability to mount the SFX PSU like the NCASE M1 with an ITX build. This will allow for mounting an AIO on the swing arm. (Both Models)

4. Increase of GPU clearance by 15mm. This would give you a lot more GPU options with front mount AIO. GPUs are huge these days. (Both models)

5. To keep the case proportioned, increase the height, width, and depth in equal amounts. 15 mm ( 0.59 of an inch for Imperials). I don't have the cad files but I think that might be enough.

6. USB C.

It's my personal dream list. Also, it takes none of the realities of actually designing a case into effect and I'm absolutely certain there are items that would not make fiscal sense. But it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Thoughts?
I will address some problems with each of your suggestions

1. That will increase the volume of the case by quite a bit
2. Impossible without making the case a lot bigger or using a different layout, because the ATX PSU is positioned at the front
3. Do you want to increase the length of the case by around 60mm?
4. That will increase the volume of the case by quite a bit
5. That will increase the volume of the case by quite a bit
6. Will probably be more expensive to produce (Not by much, though)

With these changes, you are mainly asking to increase the size of the case instead of thinking compatibility ideas. Making these changes will bring the case size up to around a normal ATX/mATX sized case, defeating the goal of the Cerberus line of cases.

Reactions: biopunk

Arie

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2018
Keep the sizes the same, it's big enough as it is. I'd like to see the removable bottom from the S620 brought over to the Cerberus if possible. Also the improved mounting system for the top fans that case has. Oh and the larger cutouts in the motherboard tray.

Basically I'd just like to see the improvements from later cases added to the Cerberus :)

Removable bottom
Top mounting
Motherboard cutouts
PSU / 2.5" SSD holder

Reactions: Revenant

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Head writer SFF.N
SFF Workshop
Editorial Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

2. Impossible without making the case a lot bigger or using a different layout, because the ATX PSU is positioned at the front

With these changes, you are mainly asking to increase the size of the case instead of thinking compatibility ideas. Making these changes will bring the case size up to around a normal ATX/mATX sized case, defeating the goal of the Cerberus line of cases.
Or market it as a Cerberus XL and let the man have his dream :p

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Before you all scream that I'm killing my AIOs and PSU ... this was a test fit, and it actually ran for few hours with good temps ... but that was before I sold the case, got custom cables, got a custom loop and moved on to another case entirely. So two 240mm AIOs fit, one being in the front, and one on the bottom.

Edit: forgot to mention that there are two scythe slim fans up top as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Before you all scream that I'm killing my AIOs and PSU ... this was a test fit, and it actually ran for few hours with good temps ... but that was before I sold the case, got custom cables, got a custom loop and moved on to another case entirely. So two 240mm AIOs fit, one being in the front, and one on the bottom.

Edit: forgot to mention that there are two scythe slim fans up top as well.

Yep, I already know this setup. I thought he meant another radiator... You can even change the SFX PSU into an ATX PSU!

Revenant

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2017

To each their own.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
True EATX AND SSI-EEB support!
It's been my one huge gripe about my case!
The standoffs are permanently mounted so I would have to grind them out and resink standoffs for an SSI-EEB layout, but I can't even do that because the case is about 3-4mm too short front-back. It's so close that I can physically force a 12"x13" (305x330mm) into the case, but there is no gap for PCIe brackets and all of the remaining left side screws are out of alignment.
I KNOW that it's a niche of a niche market, but I really have no desire to bother with a regular ATX motherboard/case unless I can get serious server hardware into it.
Currently my Cerberus X is running a very successful SSI-CEB build with dual socketed Xeons, 128GB of RAM, an RTX 2070, and a revolving list of PCIe add-in cards. But that was only after failing on my first attempt with a rather expensive, more full featured, dual socket, 16 DIMM, x6 PCIe x16 slot, quad GbE + Mgmt, beast.
I had to rehome that poor motherboard into a slightly modded NZXT H500 at twice the size and half the quality.

Uruk

Trash Compacter
Feb 1, 2019
Things I want to see:
- Removable top and bottom like the new S610/620.
- More open and silent friendly fan grill, like all the new cases.
- Top/bottom fans mounted directly in the cover, like NR200 top. Let me clean access to everything.
- Better PCI cover system. The actual plate with two dwarf screws sucks.
- USB-C and audio port. Some kind of modular I/O panel like Ncase M1 V6 would be awesome.
- Softer pin system. Sometimes open the side panel is like trying to lift up Thors hammer.
- Front have some wasted space between the frame and the cover, they can make a cut to make easier installing a BFGPU.

The size is perfect as it is, they can make an XL version if there are real interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: robert-g

Tramere

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 21, 2019
Fully vented panels. They look ridiculous in the current version.

Implement some of the changes seen in NR200 like removable covers, mounting points for PSU.

Revenant

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Fully vented panels. They look ridiculous in the current version.

Implement some of the changes seen in NR200 like removable covers, mounting points for PSU.

You know, I'd love to see a partial mesh option for the front panel. Not that the stock config ran hot with my 280mm AIO, but a black mesh surrounded by a white frame would look awesome.

robert-g

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 15, 2021
First: great case. I have one gripe with it, tho: I'd like to have a screw for every rivet.
Would have loved to switch upside down because it stands below my desk to my left. Having it inverted would give it better air circulation (wouldn't hit the wall).
Also, I can't put the plate for the handle in when everything is crammed up there. It would fit. But I can't slide it in.
With screws instead of rivets, I could just looses some to make it fit.

Will have to get matching rivets and the tool to put them in.. With the current design, screws might stand out...