Discussion Meshroom S: PCIe Riser cable length

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Just wanted to start a discussion / FAQ thread about the appropriate length of the PCIe Riser cable length in the Meshroom S (and also, to some extend, in the Meshlicious, if one does a mATX / ATX conversion):

So there are varying numbers for the non-ITX mainboard scenarios. What I know so far is primarly for ATX boards; some say "at least 200 mm", others go with numbers like "calculate 270 - 300 mm". But for mATX its extremely unclear - my measurements show it needs at least 200 mm, but could be more, although there are reports of people using the supplied riser with 145 mm, but mentioning it being "very tight and (very) bent".

Has anybody here built in the Meshroom S using mATX and can shed a bit of light on this topic?

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: Phuncz

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
Update: reddit sources point towards looking into the PDF manual found on the SSUPD website, which mentions "175 mm OR 270 mm straight" PCIe Riser for mATX, while for ATX its "270 mm straight". With "straight" they probably mean not to use a double reverse one, like it is required for when installing the GPU in "ITX mode".

I've ordered a 300 mm PCIe 4 Riser by EZ-DIY Fab, should arrive somewhere around today. Its the same brand of which I've already ordered several shorter dual-reverse (180°) PCIe riser cable, which all have been working reliable so far (eg. the one in the Meshlicious Streaming system).

cu, w0lf.

Reactions: thelaughingman