Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Looks like they're going to fix the price of the 4.0 Riser Version.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It went down.... $10 to $179.

Don't go broke at at once, SSUPD.
You can't expect to have the entire retail cost of an equivalent riser subtracted - that's not a reasonable expectation. Retail prices include margins, distribution costs, etc., which are typically quite different when something is a part of a bundle. That a $120 case has a $25-at-retsil riser bundled does not mean that the seller could sell the case alone at $95 and maintain profitability - they buy those things in bulk after all, not at retail. $10 is entirely reasonable as a price cut, as that's likely around the BOM cost of the 3.0 riser.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
You can't expect to have the entire retail cost of an equivalent riser subtracted - that's not a reasonable expectation. Retail prices include margins, distribution costs, etc., which are typically quite different when something is a part of a bundle. That a $120 case has a $25-at-retsil riser bundled does not mean that the seller could sell the case alone at $95 and maintain profitability - they buy those things in bulk after all, not at retail. $10 is entirely reasonable as a price cut, as that's likely around the BOM cost of the 3.0 riser.
This makes sense - guess I was just expecting a bit more than that, maybe $20.

Either way, I probably won't be able to take advantage of this unless they also offer it for the White version too.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
And like I said before, there's the added cost of distributing and extra SKU. I'm just glad the price of the base model didn't increase a bit as well.

Reactions: Valantar

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020

Not news, just a confirmation.

Considering that it takes up to 3 weeks for OCUK to dispatch orders nowadays, UK peeps will be receiving their cases in May.
Welp, I guess I'll be ordering from the US.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Not news, just a confirmation.

Considering that it takes up to 3 weeks for OCUK to dispatch orders nowadays, UK peeps will be receiving their cases in May.
Welp, I guess I'll be ordering from the US.
As I'm in the US, I'm beyond excited to hear that it will be available for purchase (not pre-order) on Feb 9. I just hope I don't have to enter the Newegg shuffle lottery to buy one!

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Guys! On instagram, SSUPD told someone that a version with two mesh side pannel would be available on April for 129$! This is so great!
Awesome news but sadly I can’t wait that long , I hope the PCIe 4.0 version is available on feb 9th , that would save me some hassle!

SlowAF

Case Bender
New User
Jan 24, 2021
Awesome news but sadly I can’t wait that long , I hope the PCIe 4.0 version is available on feb 9th , that would save me some hassle!
As a french customer, I see this as an absolute win if it directly launches with this SKU here, since they told us that there won't be the meshlicious until April here, I think that it will launch with this SKU and it would save some money along with the other one we know.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Warning: hot take

I think when using an AIO, the single side mesh will yield better GPU thermals. My reasoning is that when exhausting air out the front, a fixed volume of air will be drawn in (in total) equally through both sides of the case when using all mesh panels (plus some from top and back of case). Closing off the CPU side to air intake with tempered glass will then encourage more air flow through the remaining mesh side (and the top and back).

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Warning: hot take

I think when using an AIO, the single side mesh will yield better GPU thermals. My reasoning is that when exhausting air out the front, a fixed volume of air will be drawn in (in total) equally through both sides of the case when using all mesh panels (plus some from top and back of case). Closing off the CPU side to air intake with tempered glass will then encourage more air flow through the remaining mesh side (and the top and back).
Wouldn't call that a hot take, just common sense.

I made the exact same assumption many pages back. The ventilation in the top/back of the CPU side, should be plenty to provide airflow for the VRM and chipsets as well.

Reactions: DrHudacris

lolcat

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Wouldn't call that a hot take, just common sense.

I made the exact same assumption many pages back. The ventilation in the top/back of the CPU side, should be plenty to provide airflow for the VRM and chipsets as well.
Made an account to join in here: I was thinking the same thing except I realized an SF750 would need to be mounted with the fan/intake side outwards, to the left (as per OT's video). Seems like that tempered glass panel would starve that intake, but would love to hear any other take on that. Also not sure what the clearance would be between the PSU and the panel.