Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Oh, man. This is soooo bad. I would be jut one milimeter to fit an Arctic Liquid Frezzer II 280. They hat the best AiO performance in the Tests from GN and are not so expensive.

Well it's actually worse (3mm) as the Arctic P14 fans are 27mm thick, so the total width is actually 65mm: https://www2.arctic.ac/liquidfreezer2/liquid-freezer-280-en/ unless you swap the fans out which is pretty uneconomical unless you have a purpose for the P14s.

It's also something i'm also thinking about, deciding between the NR200 and this is going to be tougher than I thought

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
If you look at the Accessory page for ssupd they have both the HDMI 2.1 and DP 1.4 right angle cables.

I see them but I think they might interfere with each other. I hope not of course.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
If there's no way to configure the case to come with 2x mesh panels rather than 1x mesh and 1x tempered, that'll be disappointing. It's wasteful both in terms of money, carbon footprint, and materials to expect people to order an additional panel.

Regardless I'll be waiting to see if FE cards are viable in this case - CPU temps versus the NR200 look good but dubious about the GPU temps with passthrough cooling.
This looks like a terrible case for FE design. First problem is the flow through fan on the right will be exhausting into the back of the motherboard. The left fan that exhausts out the back will be going into the small chamber at the bottom where the display cables go. I don't see good exhaust for either of these points.

Reactions: MaZo and DrHudacris

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
relax. Assuming you use an AIO, glass on the motherboard side is probably not going to affect thermals very much. If you go full loop you can put the glass on either side and it doesn't really matter, there's plenty of ventilation remaining.

I think double mesh is really just going to be a matter of aesthetic preference and not necessary for thermals, unless you're doing all air or trying to install a second rad on the side, neither of which the case are really designed for, so paying $30 for an extra panel isn't too ridiculous
Right, reducing the side panel ventilation by 50%, that should have negligible effect on thermals...!

Paying EXTRA for a second mesh panel IS ridiculous, when there could be an all-mesh / no TG SKU...

After all, it IS called Mesh-Licious, and the marketing blurbs (singular spec sheet aside) all state full mesh (as does the Optimum Tech video)...!

Reactions: FrederickM

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Also pretty sure Ali adds "dust filters removed" with any case testing whether there are dust filters or not. I don't see why he'd test this open bench style. You're reading too far into this friend.
Which is why I asked for clarification in the comments on the video...

Not reading too much into it, just seeking a clear answer...

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Which is why I asked for clarification in the comments on the video...

Not reading too much into it, just seeking a clear answer...

Come on boil, he would clearly mention it if the sides where completely removed otherwise it would be super bias and unethical

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Come on boil, he would clearly mention it if the sides where completely removed otherwise it would be super bias and unethical
Total grey area, as the mesh side panels ARE the dust filters...

So Optimum Tech could easily remove the mesh side panels since his thermals graph already states that the dust covers are removed...

Why are you folks so down on someone just wanting all variables clarified to get to the truth of it all...?

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Well it's actually worse (3mm) as the Arctic P14 fans are 27mm thick, so the total width is actually 65mm: https://www2.arctic.ac/liquidfreezer2/liquid-freezer-280-en/ unless you swap the fans out which is pretty uneconomical unless you have a purpose for the P14s.

It's also something i'm also thinking about, deciding between the NR200 and this is going to be tougher than I thought
It's why I think I'll get the BeQuiet PureLoop

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Right, reducing the side panel ventilation by 50%, that should have negligible effect on thermals...!

Paying EXTRA for a second mesh panel IS ridiculous, when there could be an all-mesh / no TG SKU...

After all, it IS called Mesh-Licious, and the marketing blurbs (singular spec sheet aside) all state full mesh (as does the Optimum Tech video)...!
I think you'd gain from taking a step back and taking a breath. Would all mesh be better? Sure. But it would sell far, far worse, because the majority of PC case buyers are TG-loving nincompoops. That's reality. And if we are to get an affordable case like this, it needs high sales volumes. How do you imagine pricing would be if sales projections were ⅓ as high? I would expect well above $200.

(The TG is also unlikely to affect thermals if it's used on the CPU side with an AIO.)

I get that you're disappointed, but your expectations seem to have run a bit off course - tempering expectations with a dose of realism now and then is healthy, and would have saved you this frustration.

Were getting a well designed, affordable, mass market true SFF case capable of fitting nearly any hardware. And it has available accessories to make it pretty near perfect, for reasonable prices. Even without the accessories that's better than literally any case on the market.

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
Total grey area, as the mesh side panels ARE the dust filters...

So Optimum Tech could easily remove the mesh side panels since his thermals graph already states that the dust covers are removed...

Why are you folks so down on someone just wanting all variables clarified to get to the truth of it all...?
That's obviously not what's happening. Just calling you out for your nonsense. You calling the product unsuitable to work in it's default layout which is incredibly ridiculous and hence being called out on it. Nice victim card. The H1 only has a 140mm aio and a TG side panel and people use it fine. It's not optimal and I think most will agree that both mesh panels are better but no reason that it won't "work" lol.

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
When will this case be available. You guys think the aorus 240 aio and the corsair ql fans will fit? Need my rgb dont hate :)

gosu

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Did wahaha say when will this case be available? Febuary? Will the aorus 240 aio and the corsair ql fans will fit? Need my rgb cause I'm 12

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Need my rgb cause I'm 12

When I was 12 I think I wanted an N64? God I feel/am old :D

When I was twelve (1979) I was wondering when a sequel to Star Wars might come out...!

Then the following year gave us The Empire Strikes Back...!!

Arguably the best Star Wars had to offer, until The Mandalorian came out...!!!

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
When I was twelve (1979) I was wondering when a sequel to Star Wars might come out...!

Then the following year gave us The Empire Strikes Back...!!

Arguably the best Star Wars had to offer, until The Mandalorian came out...!!!
AnD tHeN mInEcRaFt /s