Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So, we have to use an adapter for the MSI 3xxx TRIO series cards😒
A more realistic perspective: unless you have display cables with particularly short connectors, you need to use an adapter with all GPUs, no matter their length as long as they are installed in the vertical position. That is expected, and one of the drawbacks of a vertical case orientation like this.

I don't understand how people have missed this - it's been clear from early on in the design of this case that this is a necessary compromise for a layout of this type.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I don't understand how people have missed this - it's been clear from early on in the design of this case that this is a necessary compromise for a layout of this type.

It's also gonna be a non issue once people start sharing feedback about certain adapters so you'll know exactly what to buy to have a worry free experience.

And TBH, the MSI trio and suprim cards are such monsters of cards that realistically, we should be happy with a SFF case that fits them at all.

kersk

Cable Smoosher
Jan 22, 2021
It's also gonna be a non issue once people start sharing feedback about certain adapters so you'll know exactly what to buy to have a worry free experience.

And TBH, the MSI trio and suprim cards are such monsters of cards that realistically, we should be happy with a SFF case that fits them at all.
My only concern with the adapters is that it's a pretty uncommon cable so there aren't many vendors to choose from and DP can already be flakey with ultrawide monitors at high refresh rates, so throwing an extra adapter cable of questionable quality into the mix might cause reliability issues with the display signal.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Then just get a DP cable with a right-angle termination. I mean, they're like $10 at most mayor retailers...

Also, don't forget, if your monitor has HDMI 2.0b you can get 144hz at 1440p already with the included cable.

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
So they just said on reddit that preorder in Europe wont start until April..... guess I will have to buy another case now. Why announce it so early and say its going to be a mass produced case if they arent ready to release it.

• Sad
Reactions: biopunk

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
So they just said on reddit that preorder in Europe wont start until April..... guess I will have to buy another case now. Why announce it so early and say its going to be a mass produced case if they arent ready to release it.
Waaaaat. @Wahaha360 let EU and UK people order through the website or Newegg, please.
I'll have all the parts ready for a dual-radiator custom loop next week 😞

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Waaaaat. @Wahaha360 let EU and UK people order through the website or Newegg, please.
I'll have all the parts ready for a dual-radiator custom loop next week 😞
I somewhat know your pain, I got a desk full of parts waiting for this build as well, just waiting on the cooler and 3080 preorders to fulfill lol

but I’m not in Europe, I’m getting my buddy in the US to order it for me since NA date is for US only so far and I’m in Canada!

I hope the wait after preorder to shipping isn’t long as I should have everything by then!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Same. Their announcement and OptimumTech made it seem like a global release was imminent. But I kinda had this feeling since they were silent about it the last few weeks.

It's not us, let's just third party changed date and terms on us.

We are looking at Amazon UK and Amazon DE for an intermediate solution, but again, getting products into Europe via Amazon is new to us, so we don't want to give ETA until it's finalized.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019

We are looking at Amazon UK and Amazon DE for an intermediate solution, but again, getting products into Europe via Amazon is new to us, so we don't want to give ETA until it's finalized.

We did try and tell you that OCUK/Caseking are asshats! Hope you manage to get something sorted.

You can store the cases in my barn if you want, my fee is one white Meshy-boi!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017

Please allow us to buy it on the website and pay for the international shipping then, better than waiting till April for sure!

kersk

Cable Smoosher
Jan 22, 2021
Hey guys, if you're in a situation where you have everything except for the case, just buy this to fill the gap until the case is available. It works great as a stopgap and the temps are pretty good :D

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, if you're in a situation where you have everything except for the case, just buy this to fill the gap until the case is available. It works great as a stopgap and the temps are pretty good :D
USD 40 is a little steep as a gap case. If one is really willing to spend that amount of money, I suggest spending some more for this 58 USD bench. I reckon, anyone, who is waiting for a Mesh-licious, is likely to have a 280mm rad ready , which can be easily installed on this test bench.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Just use a parcel forwarder like www.myus.com. I have been using them for years and am very happy with their level of service.
For the UK peeps going this route, you'd be looking at approx. £150 delivered for the base model. Or if you're like me and would want the extra mesh panel and faster shipping (2-5 days instead of 5-10), approx. £190. Includes VAT, shipping and processing fees.

Reactions: Feonnor

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
For the UK peeps going this route, you'd be looking at approx. £150 delivered for the base model. Or if you're like me and would want the extra mesh panel and faster shipping (2-5 days instead of 5-10), approx. £190. Includes VAT, shipping and processing fees.
That's cheaper than I expected 🤔
Case: £86
Import tax: £17
Customs handling fee: £8-12
Shipping: £35?

A similarly priced case on Newegg with shipping costs £169.

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
We did try and tell you that OCUK/Caseking are asshats! Hope you manage to get something sorted.

You can store the cases in my barn if you want, my fee is one white Meshy-boi!!!
Exactly! Here in Germany Caseking has awful support and communication. Thats why my friends never order there anything ever again

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Too pricey for me! I'm using this but downsides are no rad or PSU mounting places:

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
That's cheaper than I expected 🤔
Case: £86
Import tax: £17
Customs handling fee: £8-12
Shipping: £35?

A similarly priced case on Newegg with shipping costs £169.
I've deleted the calcs I did now but similar to that yes, except you pay VAT on shipping as well but shipping was about £30 for cheapest option if I recall