Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

NUTPACK

Efficiency Noob
Dec 15, 2020
It will probably work, but it will inevitably be weird: you'll have I/O either on the top of your case with the intake fans on the bottom (bad for cooling), or the intake fans on the side with the I/O on the other side (or I guess intake fans on the front with the case being placed crosswise on the desk, though that sounds like it'd take up a lot of space). It might work, but it'll look weird and likely be quite impractical.
Yups going for the later, it’s definitely not as practical as mounting it vertically but i do admire the possible looks of it laying under the monitor like some retro ish cases

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yups going for the later, it’s definitely not as practical as mounting it vertically but i do admire the possible looks of it laying under the monitor like some retro ish cases
Unless your monitor is quite small, I think this case is way too tall for a monitor stand. It'll be an ergonomic nightmare - the top of your monitor should be at or slightly below eye level, which won't be possible with most monitors on top of a 115-16cm(plus feet) case. Definitely not recommended. (Also, I doubt the mesh panels will stand up well to having the weight of a monitor on top of them.)

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Like how it looks in white - excited to see what Ali has to say about the case.

Shame NZXT radiators don't fit, I was thinking that if I got this case I'd get an X63 or Z63 to see the pump block through the mesh but apparently it's too tall.

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Okay, it seems to be more for the people from NA, probably international shipping will cost a lot and us Europeans will have to wait for the EU retailers.

Can't stress enough how AMAZING it is that we're getting 1 mesh sidepanel and 1 tempered glass sidepanel as said in the Specs, that's how I was going to run it so it's great I don't need to purchase aditional sidepanels. (hope they're interchangeable!) Price is also good.

Now the only questions is - black or white? :D

EDIT:

Seems like max GPU length for vertical mounting has been lowered from 335 to 320mm, in case it matters to anyone.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
@Wahaha360 why are NZXT pumps singled out as not working? They are shorter than the maximum supported CPU cooler height, so surely something like the Z or X63 would work at only 55mm tall? (At least in 3-Slot mode?)

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
@Wahaha360 why are NZXT pumps singled out as not working? They are shorter than the maximum supported CPU cooler height, so surely something like the Z or X63 would work at only 55mm tall? (At least in 3-Slot mode?)

I already touched on that, I think W360 read the NZXT specs wrong and thought they're 80mm tall while in fact they're 80x80mm square and 53-56mm high (depending on model), they will fit no problem.

br0qn

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Congrats, site looks great.

Noting the drive support headline should read 4 x ssd rather than "STORAGE DRIVE SUPPORT UP TO 2 X HDD AND 3 X SSD"

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Site is awesome and hope to preorder as soon as preorders open.. just curious if we can order via the site when they are live ?

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
The riser cable looks similar to the one included in T1. I guess the same 20-22cm Linkup PCIe 4.0 dual-reverse riser can be used in both T1 and Mesh-Licious?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Well, I am out...

After numerous unanswered questions about mDTX support, and said support being alluded to here & on the SFF.N Discord server, it turns out that miniDTX mobos are NOT supported...

And since I have one of the only mDTX mobos in production (ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact), I will not be moving into the Meshlicious chassis...

SO disappointed, especially at being "led along" this whole time...! I mean, I literally asked about mDTX support on the Discord server, directly to W360, and was made to think it would work...

But now, the new website says no...

/SuperSadface9001

Looks like I might just be getting a NR200 while I wait for the DanCase C4-SFX chassis...

Last edited:

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Well, I am out...

After numerous unanswered questions about mDTX support, and said support being alluded to here & on the SFF.N Discord server, it turns out that miniDTX mobos are NOT supported...

And since I have one of the only mDTX mobos in production (ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact), I will not be moving into the Meshlicious chassis...

SO disappointed, especially at being "led along" this whole time...! I mean, I literally asked about mDTX support on the Discord server, directly to W360, and was made to think it would work...

But now, the new website says no...

/SuperSadface9001

Looks like I might just be getting a NR200 while I wait for the DanCase C4-SFX chassis...
No problem, I will gladly take your spot ;)