Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
My water loop in my old case is failing so I got the meshlicious to go back to aio + aircool. Too bad the case got delayed and my waterloop did leak and killed my 1080ti and motherboard. However, I was lucky enough to get a 3090 ftw3 ultra at my local microcenter at a fairly reasonable price ($1869). Too bad I have to run it with my 8 years old 4570k :/

Now the challenge for me is that if I can get a 5950x before the meshlicious arrives.

(For some reason my task manager can't report my CPU's clock speed correctly but it's pretty funny to see tho)
F
Sorry for your loss. That 3090 is a steal however, considering the price they go for right now.
Good luck with the 5950x.

Reactions: 203Null

daddelbud

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Really looking forward to see this case in europe... while we wait, what AIO would you suggest? My priority is on noise, so fans and pump needs to be able to run quiet.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Really looking forward to see this case in europe... while we wait, what AIO would you suggest? My priority is on noise, so fans and pump needs to be able to run quiet.
These are pretty good AIOs with some cons:
  1. Corsair H115i. Has a built-in temperature sensor so you can set the fan curve based on liquid temperature rather than on CPU temperature for quieter operation. Comes with magnetic levitation fans which are inaudible at low RPM but can get very loud at high RPM. I recommend limiting the maximum fan RPM to a comfortable level. Requires iCUE to configure but I believe you don't have to keep iCUE running in the background all the time.
  2. EK-AIO 280. Comes with loud dual ball-bearing fans, fan swap recommended. Doesn't have a built-in temperature sensor.
  3. NZXT Kraken Z63 or X63. Tall pump, might not fit in 4-slot mode. I believe Z63 lets you set the fan curve based on liquid temperature. Can't comment on the fans.
  4. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. Would be a tough fit in Meshlicious. Cheaper than the others and comes with probably the best 140mm fans out there.

Last edited:

odeniz

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
i really like this case, but these are what I don't like.

1. Gpu support parts (Two long stick) look like prototype products and seems not safe for heavy graphics cards.
2. Very sharp corners, It cannot be carried in the backpack.
3. No carrying handle on top.
4. Top io panel looks useless because tower type case, i think must be bottom front.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
  1. EK-AIO 280. Comes with loud dual ball-bearing fans, fan swap recommended.
  2. Corsair H115i. Comes with magnetic levitation fans which are inaudible at low RPM but can get very loud at high RPM. I recommend setting the fan curve to limit the maximum RPM to comfortable levels. Requires iCUE to configure but I believe you don't have to keep iCUE running in the background all the time.
  3. NZXT Kraken Z63 or X63. Tall pump, might not fit in 4-slot mode. Can't comment on the fans.
  4. Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. Would be a tough fit in Meshlicious. Cheaper than the others and comes with probably the best 140mm fans out there.

Only the X63 won't work in 4 slot mode - the Z63 should be short enough to function in both modes. (3mm shorter on the pump block.)

In other news:
I'm really wishing I could just pay extra to have it shipped directly to me rather than waiting for a slow-ass boat to reach LA eventually, only to ship it inland, then to me. Twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 203Null

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
  2. Corsair H115i. Comes with magnetic levitation fans which are inaudible at low RPM but can get very loud at high RPM. I recommend setting the fan curve to limit the maximum RPM to comfortable levels. Requires iCUE to configure but I believe you don't have to keep iCUE running in the background all the time.
  3. NZXT Kraken Z63 or X63. Tall pump, might not fit in 4-slot mode. Can't comment on the fans.
I have the ek 280 and yeah, the fans aren't the quietest that's for sure, but the pump is also pretty loud. Found a happy medium with the speeds (40% pump, 30% fans up to 60c, then 50% at 80c) and it is almost silent.
I wish the pump was quieter tho, because while I can change the fans, the pumps not so much lol

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
i really like this case, but these are what I don't like.

1. Gpu support parts (Two long stick) look like prototype products and seems not safe for heavy graphics cards.
2. Very sharp corners, It cannot be carried in the backpack.
3. No carrying handle on top.
4. Top io panel looks useless because tower type case, i think must be bottom front.
Based on your preferences, you should look out for that iBuypower ITX that was previewed on Hardware Canucks

Reactions: odeniz

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I'm planning to use the BeQuiet Pureloop 280mm myself.

EDIT: For the Arctic AIO, would be worth testing with the 15mm Arctic fans no? IIRC Machines and More found they're decently close in performance.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I'm planning to use the BeQuiet Pureloop 280mm myself.

EDIT: For the Arctic AIO, would be worth testing with the 15mm Arctic fans no? IIRC Machines and More found they're decently close in performance.
Arctic doesn't make slim 140mm fans unfortunately.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I have the ek 280 and yeah, the fans aren't the quietest that's for sure, but the pump is also pretty loud. Found a happy medium with the speeds (40% pump, 30% fans up to 60c, then 50% at 80c) and it is almost silent.
I wish the pump was quieter tho, because while I can change the fans, the pumps not so much lol
I couldn't stand motor noise on EK Vardars, it was very audible even at their lowest RPM, 27%. It's probably typical for ball bearings, most of the FDB and ML fans I tested didn't have this problem.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I couldn't stand motor noise on EK Vardars, it was very audible even at their lowest RPM, 27%. It's probably typical for ball bearings, most of the FDB and ML fans I tested didn't have this problem.
Ball bearing fans are notorious for low rpm bearing grinding noises. That's the downfall of the classic Gentle Typhoon, for example. At mid-to-high speed where air turbulence noise is the main noise from most fans they're excellent, but run them slow at idle and that grindy noise will come to the fore.

EscHatch

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 1, 2020
Just received reply from Iceman regarding the reservoir on the first page.
They will move forward to produce the sample we saw, and they are currently developing another version to be place inside the case.🤯

Woohoo!

Did they provide any information on the sample on page 1? This sounds like a new product. I’m really curious as to how the tube routing will work for this pump. Any idea on availability for either model?

lutz890

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 24, 2020
Did they provide any information on the sample on page 1? This sounds like a new product. I’m really curious as to how the tube routing will work for this pump. Any idea on availability for either model?

Here's what was told from Iceman.

1. The external reservoir/pump combo shown on page 1 is going to be released sometime in May.
2. They are currently working on an internal reservoir/pump combo.

I stopped there as I figure we'll see the product fairly soon. Questions can wait till we see the final products.

Reactions: Sacha

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Newegg sent me an update. Expected ship date is now May 4 which makes sense given the ship seems to be en route to LA now. If it gets unloaded in a week, they should hit that goal.