Maintenance Update

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to provide a heads up that on Monday, April 29th, we’ll be performing a significant update to the forum. As a result of this, the forum will undergo an extended maintenance period starting at 7 AM EDT. We expect this maintenance to end somewhere between 5 PM and 8 PM EDT.

Although we try to avoid as much downtime as possible, this specific maintenance-related outage will ultimately enable us to build some great new features and functionality – from a modern and responsive interface, to exciting new enhancements that improve the forum experience. A whole backlog of development work has been deferred for a while now in anticipation of this migration, so we’re thrilled to finally be taking this step to establish a solid foundation for the future of the community.

Here’s what to expect on and after the 29th:
  • Starting in the morning on the US East Coast, the forum will be down for 10-12 hours or so. During this time, the forum will be in maintenance mode, with occasional outages
  • Following this maintenance period, you will see a refreshed interface for the forum. It will look pretty darn different – and fairly spartan – immediately after launch
  • Over the next few weeks, we will be rolling out additional new features, functionality and enhancements as we build, test, and deploy them. We expect that the forum will be 'feature complete' in the next 6-8 weeks
There will also be a few updates to our blog and brand that are a part of this change; expect more info regarding that after this maintenance release.

Best,

– Joshua

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Well, no firm opinion yet, but it does look nice. I'll navigate around and check it out!

Reactions: Phuncz

dt192

What's an ITX?
Apr 30, 2019
I love the look of the site, but one thing is really bugging me. The text highlight colour is almost the same colour as the site background, so I can't see if my selection is happening when I'm copying text, such as model numbers. It works a lot better if I change the highlight background colour to the same #c5092e red you use as your accent, while sticking with the white text.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I love the look of the site, but one thing is really bugging me. The text highlight colour is almost the same colour as the site background, so I can't see if my selection is happening when I'm copying text, such as model numbers. It works a lot better if I change the highlight background colour to the same #c5092e red you use as your accent, while sticking with the white text.

Changing the highlight text is in our backlog of things to-do; I'll probably knock it out tonight ?

Reactions: VegetableStu

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have no doubt you guys are taking this in the right direction ? SFF FORUM #fuckyeah nanana nana nana na na!

Reactions: Phuncz