Updates to the forum, and introducing our latest moderators!

Hey everyone,

Two quick updates I wanted to share:
  1. We've made some changes to the forum! More specifically, we've pulled Introductions and Off Topic out of the General sub-forum, and created dedicated sub-forums just for these topics. We've also begun to add new prefixes to many sub-forums across SFF.N; prefixes are the text labels you often see before the title of certain threads (such as the "Announcement" prefix used on this thread). These prefixes help users to understand what a thread is about at a glance, and though our ongoing expansion of these we hope to make sub-forum lists more skim-able and filter-able. We'll also be monitoring the usage of prefixes pretty closely, as we consider other potential sub-forum changes to better structure and accommodate the kinds of discussions that happen here most often.
  2. We've expanded the moderation team! A little while ago I put out a call for mods, as we'd identified a need to scale up the team commensurate with the growth of SFF.N. I had no idea the response this would generate, but the wave of inbound messages from community members was simply awesome, with the number of folks inquiring greatly exceeding our need. I am profoundly grateful for everyone who offered to volunteer, and this is especially true for the four new moderators I am pleased to announce today: @Dawelio, @ignsvn, @Soul_Est and @Windfall! Please join me in congratulating them, and thanking them for their contributions to the community – past, present and future.
You may have noticed that I've been performing site maintenance a bit more often than normal, and this is because we have a healthy amount of updates in progress that you'll hear more about soon. So apologies for the inconvenience, but know that they are leading up to some nice enhancements to the forum.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

– Joshua

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Congratulations to the new moderators!

I feel like I should give you some work to do with your new found power. So, I’ll be sure to post some things in the wrong places, and stir up trouble in existing threads! ?

Just kidding!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Congratulations to the new moderators!

I feel like I should give you some work to do with your new found power. So, I’ll be sure to post some things in the wrong places, and stir up trouble in existing threads! ?

Just kidding!

I see that you're interested to try the latest forum software feature, which is "ban-in-advance" ?

LOL anw, thank you & we're equally happy to have you here.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Congratulations to the new moderators and also a big thanks to the PlayfulPhoenix and other admins.

I have to say that this is the best community I have ever been a part of. A lot of experts, positivity, and no toxicity is really rare to see on forums and other internet communities.

I hope SFF and this forum will grow even more and become a new standard :)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and thank you to @PlayfulPhoenix for taking the chance on all of us and giving us both the chance and honor with this important position of being a moderator. We will all do our outmost of helping out with the forum overall, especially since we're spreaded more across the globe and different timezones. This will give SFF.N more flexibility in terms of a more widespread and quicker action of certain things.

I, for one and personally, is very happy and honored to be part of the SFF.N team. I will wear this moderator badge with honor and pride when going into the future.

For everyone else on this forum, if you have any questions or so - Please don't hesitate to shoot any moderator your question(s), we're here for you.
Cause without all of you, this forum wouldn't be alive and active, the way it is.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
If you don't - Ban hammer! ?

That's what modera-thor are for ?

Back on topic, welcome to the team guys ! Trust me, this is a nice adventure where you'll meet tones of awesome person ! It's been close to 5 years for me and I can't get enough of it.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Sometimes they pick an idiot like me, or someone with a fetish for hammers like @GuilleAcoustic , now we went for the real anarchists of the forum, always stirring things up ! You won't believe what we have in store later this year ! CLICK HERE NOW

Moderator edit: Behold the power of mod priv abuse ... Gnehehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

synchronos

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2019
The two-month old April Fools' joke is still a featured piece, and the most prominent part, on the site front page. Shouldn't that already be taken down?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
The two-month old April Fools' joke is still a featured piece, and the most prominent part, on the site front page. Shouldn't that already be taken down?

More like we need an article to push it down the list.

Confusis, write something interesting already!!

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I'm on a long term break from writing. Properly burnt out.

Hi John,
I did think things were quiet from you, quite understandable with all you have on your plate.
Rest well, and I hope you're OK otherwise.
As much as any of us can be, living in 'interesting times'
NZ did well with national isolation, and thankfully you have a truly inspirational and thoughtful leader.
Not so much here in the UK... Dorset was a quiet, relatively unaffected county; but the madness of the beach visits to Bournemouth and the mayhem at Durdle door, shows it can all come piling in any time.
Take care and stay well.