Updates to the forum, and introducing our latest moderators!

Hey everyone,

Two quick updates I wanted to share:
  1. We've made some changes to the forum! More specifically, we've pulled Introductions and Off Topic out of the General sub-forum, and created dedicated sub-forums just for these topics. We've also begun to add new prefixes to many sub-forums across SFF.N; prefixes are the text labels you often see before the title of certain threads (such as the "Announcement" prefix used on this thread). These prefixes help users to understand what a thread is about at a glance, and though our ongoing expansion of these we hope to make sub-forum lists more skim-able and filter-able. We'll also be monitoring the usage of prefixes pretty closely, as we consider other potential sub-forum changes to better structure and accommodate the kinds of discussions that happen here most often.
  2. We've expanded the moderation team! A little while ago I put out a call for mods, as we'd identified a need to scale up the team commensurate with the growth of SFF.N. I had no idea the response this would generate, but the wave of inbound messages from community members was simply awesome, with the number of folks inquiring greatly exceeding our need. I am profoundly grateful for everyone who offered to volunteer, and this is especially true for the four new moderators I am pleased to announce today: @Dawelio, @ignsvn, @Soul_Est and @Windfall! Please join me in congratulating them, and thanking them for their contributions to the community – past, present and future.
You may have noticed that I've been performing site maintenance a bit more often than normal, and this is because we have a healthy amount of updates in progress that you'll hear more about soon. So apologies for the inconvenience, but know that they are leading up to some nice enhancements to the forum.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

– Joshua

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi John,
I did think things were quiet from you, quite understandable with all you have on your plate.
Rest well, and I hope you're OK otherwise.
As much as any of us can be, living in 'interesting times'
NZ did well with national isolation, and thankfully you have a truly inspirational and thoughtful leader.
Not so much here in the UK... Dorset was a quiet, relatively unaffected county; but the madness of the beach visits to Bournemouth and the mayhem at Durdle door, shows it can all come piling in any time.
Take care and stay well.
Yes. Saw it on TV the other day that Ardern announced that NZ is now a virus free country and is lifting the lockdown. Good job!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Thanks guys for the kind thoughts.

Aside from the lockdown (which I continued working through as I am considered an essential worker in my day job), there is a lot going on. Two pre-teen kids, solo parenting, alcohol addiction, having teeth removed (6 teeth gone in the last two months, take care of your mouth kids!) and more.

I'll be back in full swing eventually, behave whilst I'm semi-afk plz :p

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks guys for the kind thoughts.

Aside from the lockdown (which I continued working through as I am considered an essential worker in my day job), there is a lot going on. Two pre-teen kids, solo parenting, alcohol addiction, having teeth removed (6 teeth gone in the last two months, take care of your mouth kids!) and more.

I'll be back in full swing eventually, behave whilst I'm semi-afk plz :p

Hang in there champ! ?