We do have a huge cylindrical trash at the office. It very much looks like a big MacPro 
Edit: Found a pic of the trash model on Foogle image
Edit: Found a pic of the trash model on Foogle image
This is kind of the stuff I was looking for when the campaign launched, though. Nice to see that it's here now.
If this is funded I will look at talking to one of the major PSU supplier in doing a custom gold certified PSU. If I could do a custom PSU this would free up the bottom part and potentially could have a full size GPU.
I wanted to do this project myself as a one-off but with dual GPUs using PCIe bifurcation and a central heatsink
To be honest and this is my very personal opinion. You talk about as being totally unique and new. But in fact is isn't and I'm a bit bummed by this.
Yes this is a gorgeous looking product but it is a PC hardware compatible clone of the Mac Pro just plain and simple. That you had to do a lot a engineering to do it better then the other Chinese knock-offs is certainly visible, but to me the, "we wanted to do something different" , and then present a larger Mac Pro and having an almost identical ID, the bottom vents look identical, is a turn off for me.
Sorry for the negativity but I don't like it when people say, we are trying something unique and new, but it aren't.
I respect your comments about the Dune Case. But computers in cylindrical designs is nothing new. There are a number of cases and computers on the market before 2013 that have had cylindrical designs. "Fic Piston" in 2005 did a great job of doing a cylindrical design case and is just one example. But what is different is more the inside than out side and as you can see we did put a lot of effort engineering this right.
While I agree with QinX that this isn't something new, I am very (extremely) happy someone made this possible to have with an mITX system and that strives for high quality materials and finishing. I wanted to do this project myself as a one-off but with dual GPUs using PCIe bifurcation and a central heatsink, but it is so incredibly daunting and with a lack of CAD experience, this was probably going to take me multiple years just to learn SolidWorks, only to realise it's futile and I don't have time for it anymore.
I respect your comments about the Dune Case. But computers in cylindrical designs is nothing new. There are a number of cases and computers on the market before 2013 that have had cylindrical designs. "Fic Piston" in 2005 did a great job of doing a cylindrical design case and is just one example. But what is different is more the inside than out side and as you can see we did put a lot of effort engineering this right.
Sorry for the negativity but I don't like it when people say, we are trying something unique and new, but it aren't.
hello buddy how much is that totaly ?Hi guys.. I thought I should share what I worked on for a year. I went through 4 different versions and after nearly a year I got it right. Thermals, cable management, custom front panel with custom PCB for power on/off button, custom connectors to the motherboard and GPU. I also worked very hard with my buddy who is a CAD designer to get the size down to 7 inches. This was very difficult.
Here is how the final version looks like...
I put a lot of hard work into this and thank everyone that helped me. I think this is what everyone is wanting to do. It just takes hard work to get there to do a decent job.
Stay Tuned: This is not the end.
First, thank you to all of our backers and supporters. Without you, we would not be where we are today. Kickstarters are not easy, and we’ve learned valuable lessons. We’ve also confirmed how amazing the Mini-ITX community is – your support has been unyielding and for that we are truly grateful.
Second, yes. We are working on a plan to bring Dune Case to market no matter what happens with the Kickstarter. We have been in touch with our manufacturer and a few distributors on how best to make that happen. It won’t be overnight, but this campaign proved what we knew – there is a market for a cylindrical Mini-ITX PC Case that looks as good in a living room as it does in an office.
To keep in touch, email [email protected]. You can also follow our Twitter (@dunecase), Facebook (fb.me/dunecase), Instagram (DuneCase) and YouTube (dunecase) accounts for updates.
Again, thank you for all of your support, questions, comments and suggestions. This has been a great experience. We look forward to the future of Dune Case and are happy you share in that excitement.
Alex