Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Yes you are right theres one pin unpopulated on the gpu plug.

I can´t help myself and have dissasembled the psu... this thing uses gan mosfets, its all too small. its incredible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BaK

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Yes you are right theres one pin unpopulated on the gpu plug.

I can´t help myself and have dissasembled the psu... this thing uses gan mosfets, its all too small. its incredible.

It does?

Can you infer which exact pinout is the sense line since you already have it open? It should look a bit different than the bulky and fatter traces for the main rails.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Sorry for the delay, but I finished my work, met some friends etc. So until I've gotten home I haven't had time to do it.

This is a small album with some pics of the psu if you are interested, I cannot see many things, and also cannot dissasemble more without dessoldering the 220v input filtering, which h I'm not going to do right now.... And don't know if I'm going to do any day later because I'd like the psu to work for a long time lol ???.

The sense wires as you say are a bit thinner than the normal ones, sorry for the way I've made the drawing but it's not my thing....

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Sorry for the delay, but I finished my work, met some friends etc. So until I've gotten home I haven't had time to do it.

This is a small album with some pics of the psu if you are interested, I cannot see many things, and also cannot dissasemble more without dessoldering the 220v input filtering, which h I'm not going to do right now.... And don't know if I'm going to do any day later because I'd like the psu to work for a long time lol .

The sense wires as you say are a bit thinner than the normal ones, sorry for the way I've made the drawing but it's not my thing....

Thank you so much for helping me out. It is nice to have real confirmation from someone who owns it.

I need to cross reference the pinout diagrams but if you have cable making abilities, I would do the following:

Short 3.3V-S to any 3.3V
Short 5V-S to any 5V
Short GND-S to any GND
Short 12V-S to the open pin on your GPU 12V.

So what will happen is I'll offer a "PLAT" version with a small price increase where I pre-wire it for you. If you want to save a couple bucks you can order it as is and wire it yourself.

It'll take me 1 week to get an official PLAT version ready, as I'm busy with my case projects. It'll be a reasonable $5 increase for PLAT version.

The custom short length wires are also very nice and goes very well with most cases such as: NCase M1, Ghost S1, Dancase, SM-series, MI-6.

Dynamite

Trash Compacter
Apr 20, 2018
The custom short length wires are also very nice and goes very well with most cases such as: NCase M1, Ghost S1, Dancase, SM-series, MI-6.

Glad to hear it since I happened upon this thread 15 minutes ago and just ordered impulse bought a full set of cables for my SF600 Gold in my NCase V5. I figure they will also work well if I migrate to a sandwich style case like the Sidearmd T1. Thanks for bringing another innovative product to the SFF community!

Reactions: rfarmer and Thehack

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Thank you so much for helping me out. It is nice to have real confirmation from someone who owns it.

I need to cross reference the pinout diagrams but if you have cable making abilities, I would do the following:

Short 3.3V-S to any 3.3V
Short 5V-S to any 5V
Short GND-S to any GND
Short 12V-S to the open pin on your GPU 12V.

So what will happen is I'll offer a "PLAT" version with a small price increase where I pre-wire it for you. If you want to save a couple bucks you can order it as is and wire it yourself.

It'll take me 1 week to get an official PLAT version ready, as I'm busy with my case projects. It'll be a reasonable $5 increase for PLAT version.

As soon as your unit is here I´ll do it, I don´t have experience with pc wiring, but I´ve done some car electronics wiring to adapt modern engines to older cars, so I guess it´s goin to be very similar, just buy some pins for atx and that´s it.

I´ve just looked at the shipping info and the 2427 is already in Spain (today) so I guess this week I can have it at home if everything goes quick at customs. If I have the 2427 this week here, by next weekend I will have this shosrts made to see if it works.

Reactions: jaro

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
If I was to buy the "Platinum" version (SF Platinum rated) of the M2427, would it be compatible with the Gold Corsair PSUs as well?
I have both (SF600 Gold and SF750 Platinum). In a years time I'm bound to plug it into the wrong Corsair rated PSU if they're not compatiable (Maybe label them on the PCB silkscreen?).

Reactions: BaK

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I ordered my M2427 yesterday. But just now I mean to remember that the Gold version has sensewires, too. In any case I know that I soldered the necessary connections myself and the PSU still works.
Is the Gold less susceptible to the missing sense wires than the platinum?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If I was to buy the "Platinum" version (SF Platinum rated) of the M2427, would it be compatible with the Gold Corsair PSUs as well?
I have both (SF600 Gold and SF750 Platinum). In a years time I'm bound to plug it into the wrong Corsair rated PSU if they're not compatiable (Maybe label them on the PCB silkscreen?).

The issue only comes up during load. And you'd easily be able to tell the difference. The plat will have a couple wires. For the most part they're interchangeable.

I ordered my M2427 yesterday. But just now I mean to remember that the Gold version has sensewires, too. In any case I know that I soldered the necessary connections myself and the PSU still works.
Is the Gold less susceptible to the missing sense wires than the platinum?

The gold works without the sense wire, no issues there.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Sorry to bother you again, but do you have an ETA for the Platinum version wired by you?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
My 2427 is here, but man, what a thieves at customs! I had to pay 24.70€!! cmoooonn

@Thehack kindly said it was worth 30 dollars in the documentation, but apparently in customs they oppened it and somehow determined that this is worth 98.80 € and I have to pay 24.70... thieves!

Apart from that this looks fantastic! I can´t wait for the weekend to try it and see how it works with the platinum PSU and fix it (or brake ot hahha time will tell) Will post updates soon!