Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Been lurking in the M2427 thread for a while then last weekend working with the stock SF750 24-pin cable made me realise I need this in my life (I still have finger pain from hours of bending and craming that thing). Even though I have custom teflon cables in hand now, this would still be a game changer. By your naming convention, the M2426 should only have 6 wires total right? ?

The M2427 needs 1 sense wire connected to the GPU 8-pin cable, is it still the case with the M2426? I have no electrical knowledge but If somehow we can have a better solution / workaround than that it would be great.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Been lurking in the M2427 thread for a while then last weekend working with the stock SF750 24-pin cable made me realise I need this in my life (I still have finger pain from hours of bending and craming that thing). Even though I have custom teflon cables in hand now, this would still be a game changer. By your naming convention, the M2426 should only have 6 wires total right? ?

The M2427 needs 1 sense wire connected to the GPU 8-pin cable, is it still the case with the M2426? I have no electrical knowledge but If somehow we can have a better solution / workaround than that it would be great.

Yes, it is now 6 wires.

I should have a better solution now. It'll be double crimped instead.

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
I'm really impressed by how you've progressed this from the 12v PSU guide into an easy to use product. You mentioned in the x200 thread that the 2426 supports the RPS-400, I thought I'd ask for more details here. Does that mean that you could use the 2426 with an appropriate 12v PSU and have pcie power as well? As a follow up, does the 2426 do anything to improve ripple, there are a few 12v switching supplies that are pretty small but unfortunately out of spec.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm really impressed by how you've progressed this from the 12v PSU guide into an easy to use product. You mentioned in the x200 thread that the 2426 supports the RPS-400, I thought I'd ask for more details here. Does that mean that you could use the 2426 with an appropriate 12v PSU and have pcie power as well? As a follow up, does the 2426 do anything to improve ripple, there are a few 12v switching supplies that are pretty small but unfortunately out of spec.

This is specific to MW RPS-400 12v but may applicable to other units.

RPS-400 has a standby function and 5vsb. The M2426 supports this standby function, so that you can hook up pcie power directly from the meanwell RPS-400 without having that "always on" problem.

If a 12V acdc has 5vsb/12vsb and Ps_on/remote on, then this unit will allow you to take advantage of turning that 12V unit on/off.

It does not affect ripple specs. I would not worry too much if it is slightly out of spec. The cpu and gpu rail are around 1.2-1.4V so they are stepped down through some very sophisticated VRM.

Reactions: Arboreal

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
This is specific to MW RPS-400 12v but may applicable to other units.

RPS-400 has a standby function and 5vsb. The M2426 supports this standby function, so that you can hook up pcie power directly from the meanwell RPS-400 without having that "always on" problem.

If a 12V acdc has 5vsb/12vsb and Ps_on/remote on, then this unit will allow you to take advantage of turning that 12V unit on/off.

It does not affect ripple specs. I would not worry too much if it is slightly out of spec. The cpu and gpu rail are around 1.2-1.4V so they are stepped down through some very sophisticated VRM.
Oh that's even better so you could run this plugin unit + meanwell 400 without the need for the distro? That's awesome.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
LOL, I'll make it really dim.

It'll require a switch otherwise The issue is anything mechanical is prone to failure.
Bright internal LEDs that can't be disabled are a terrible, terrible thing. Making it dim sounds like a good idea, especially as it will lessen the effort required to black it out.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

You can see the input.

The 12V I/O is mirrored. This means if you are using a low power CPU (Up to 80W with GPU, or 150W without), you can use it to power your CPU as well.

Assembly is 33 mm CPU cooler equivalent height, this means you have about 15 mm above it in the Dancase, allowing you to still route watercooling tubing over it.

I do have some more m2427 in stock if you need something like this soon. The M2426 will have increased pricing and availability is still some time away.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
As a happy owner of the m2427, I’d love this new model, especially with a bit longer cable ?

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!

My K39 (ordered early Feb) finally arrives tomorrow, and I can already hear it whispering from the depot .... it is crying for want an RPS-400 + M2426 solution ... ;)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!

My K39 (ordered early Feb) finally arrives tomorrow, and I can already hear it whispering from the depot .... it is crying for want an RPS-400 + M2426 solution ... ;)

Does the K39 have 43 mm of clearance? The RPS 400 is just a bit bigger at 43 mm instead of 41 for flex atx.