Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
great news! Can I reserve one of the whites already? :)

Not quite yet! I need to work out a date for the pre-orders to go live, I still have some work to do on the configurator with the extra colours that need to be added. I've got a busy few days coming up so it may be the end of the week or early next week, I will announce when it goes live.

The latest quote from my manufacturer has also meant a small increase in the First Edition Black price by £5 starting at £95 + shipping, this still includes a £15 discount against the standard price that will follow. The First Edition White will start at £105 + shipping.

The First Edition Black is limited to the 20 cases, the First Edition White is limited to 10 cases.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

PREORDERS ARE LIVE!

The LZ7 First Edition White and Black cases are now available for preorder, check out the product pages here:

http://www.lazer3d.com/shop/

The First Edition is limited to 30 cases (up to 20 black and 10 white) with a £15 discount off the regular LZ7 price. Available with Matte Black or Matte White panels, a choice of coloured accents and configuration options to customise airflow. The current expected shipping date is early December 2016.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT
A big thanks to everyone who has helped along the way, especially all the folks here in the SFF Forum, your support has kept this project going and the feedback has truly helped shape the end product.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I really want to get one, it's in my cart already, but how is VAT going to be handled? I have to pay import tax in Germany which equates to VAT, don't really want to pay that twice.
Also, the cart is swapping between 137£ and 169£ (before shipping), what's up with that?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The price you see includes VAT so that should be all you have to pay + shipping. I will look into the website settings to see if I can see whats happening with the price fluctuating.

atl

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2016
The price you see includes VAT so that should be all you have to pay + shipping. I will look into the website settings to see if I can see whats happening with the price fluctuating.
I saw similar fluctuations in my order, but am satisfied that VAT was handled correctly on checkout.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yes I understand that, but that means I would pay VAT in the UK and then VAT in Germany when importing, which is another 20% on top of the price including shipping (20£ to Germany is way too high, IMO, but whatever), so I'd be paying almost 189£, which is 209€ :eek:

Or does the system only include my VAT in Germany?

EDIT: Fuck, UK is still in the EU, no import tax from there. Sorry I'm dumb. It's still too pricey, unfortunately. Can't afford it this month :(

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
You got me worried then ha ha! Yes UK is still in EU, so VAT is included the same as if you were buying a product from Germany.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I've gone through the process of placing an order and I can see what you mean about the price fluctuating. It seems to happen when you re-calculate the shipping when changing your country, it seems to double up the price of any extras you've added (metal feet, etc). But if you refresh the cart the price goes back to the correct amount. Sorry about this, I will see if there is anything I can do about it.

Reactions: iFreilicht

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
OK I think the issues are resolved, I've moved the shipping calculation to the checkout screen rather than on the cart page, now the shipping is automatically calculated as you are entering your address in the checkout page.

If you spot any more issues let me know! Thanks everyone.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
When I was looking at the compatibility section for fans I noticed that it says LZ7 Pro and LZ7 Base and was wondering what this referred to?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks everyone!

When I was looking at the compatibility section for fans I noticed that it says LZ7 Pro and LZ7 Base and was wondering what this referred to?

Good spot! That a something I need to update. Depending on whether you choose the 16mm power button cutout or full IO panel depends on what fans are compatible.

The full IO panel can fit fans that are 140 x 140 x 15, whereas the 16mm cutout can fit 150 x 140 x 15 fans.

Some of the 140mm slim fans are 150mm wide such as the Thermalright and Silverstone models.

Reactions: Soul_Est

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Good spot! That a something I need to update. Depending on whether you choose the 16mm power button cutout or full IO panel depends on what fans are compatible.
That's what I was guessing, but I wanted to verify that was it.

paisapues

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2016
Congratulations aswell!
Order is placed... If you keep up your shipping date, this will be a nice christmas present to myself.
Still had some issues with weird price spikes at the payment site, but it worked the second time around

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Congratulations aswell!
Order is placed... If you keep up your shipping date, this will be a nice christmas present to myself.
Still had some issues with weird price spikes at the payment site, but it worked the second time around

Thanks! I like your colour choices by the way :)

There are some on-going issues with the configurator passing the wrong price through to the checkout cart, if it happens you can refresh your browser in the cart and the price should correct itself.

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
How much extra noise (subjectively) is there going from filtered GPU side panel to slotted GPU side panel?
This is the last thing I need to decide on before placing an order. Get a better OC with slotted vents or go for silence with the dust filter (+ potential to swap to fan grill)

EDIT: I also just discovered that there are no shipping rates available for Canada though since I live close to the border, I can ship to the US and pick it up from a package receiving place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est