Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

paisapues

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2016
I know it's still work in progress but the configuration tool only shows the panels in black.
Will the white ones like in the original build not be available for the first batch? I liked the white with the black GPU and back panel.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
It won't let me add it to cart :(
On a side note is the price in Euros or Pounds? European money is so confusing :p
(Edit) Will orange accents be available?

Last edited:

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
On a side note is the price in Euros or Pounds? European money is so confusing :p

I second the orange accents. And even if it's not available for pre-order for the LZ7 FE, being able to select white body panels (matte) would be nice just to see how it'll look.

Reactions: cmyk78

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Pre-orders will be available through the website which I have recently updated with a more polished look, I've also added a configuration tool (work in progress) that allows you to experiment with the different case options such as alternative corner colours and vent configurations:

Looks great! Are there no customisation options for the panel colours anymore or will that just be added later? For the Corners, only Black, White, Red, Yellow and Blue work correctly while Green, Orange, Purple and Pink show the corners as Black, like paisapues said.

Preorder is not open yet, the configurator tool is a WIP. Price is in GBP (£), not Euro (€).

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Screws all the way!

Yes I think the flat headed screws look much better, I will go with these for the final version.

It won't let me add it to cart

Preorder is not open yet, the configurator tool is a WIP. Price is in GBP (£), not Euro (€).

@iFreilicht is correct, thankyou! I am hoping for the pre-order to go live within the next week, I'm just waiting for confirmation on something.

I know it's still work in progress but the configuration tool only shows the panels in black.
Will the white ones like in the original build not be available for the first batch? I liked the white with the black GPU and back panel.

Are there no customisation options for the panel colours anymore or will that just be added later?

The First Edition will only be available in Matte Black with Smoked Grey Transparent side panels. The reason for this is that I need to order a single colour in bulk to bring the price down low enough. I'm not 100% sure how successful this case will be, so I don't want to order 20 x black and 20x white and 20x orange, etc for them not to sell.

If all goes well then I have every intention of making more colours available in the future. I may even sell each panel individually so you can swap out specific panels, but this is something for the future. At the moment I am going to concentrate on releasing the First Edition in Matte Black.

I can of course provide custom colours for the First Edition, but they will carry a hefty premium (in the region of £40 - £50 extra for the 5mm panels only) above the base price due to their 'one off' quantity.

being able to select white body panels (matte) would be nice just to see how it'll look.

I will post a render of the white with Orange accents onto this thread for you all to see what it looks like.

For the Corners, only Black, White, Red, Yellow and Blue work correctly while Green, Orange, Purple and Pink show the corners as Black

I added all the colour swatches that will be available to order, I've just not had chance to render the overlays for those particular colours, I'll try and do it tonight.

Reactions: cmyk78 and Phuncz

raymondo

Trash Compacter
Mar 2, 2015
Great work on this case! Just found some time to read the thread and the case's development.
I've already got so many cases filling my cupboards but it's so tempting...

Reactions: K888D

paisapues

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2016
Will you be using the silverstone dust filters of your prototype 2.0 or more neutral ones like in the renderings on the website?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Will you be using the silverstone dust filters of your prototype 2.0 or more neutral ones like in the renderings on the website?

That is something I still need to figure out! Along with the metal fan guards, they are the 2 remaining parts of the case with a sourcing question mark.

I may let the engineer side of me take over and test a few different types/brands to see which perform the best for noise and temps.

Which would you prefer?

WHITE PANELS with ORANGE
A few people wanted to see what the white panels would look like, here are 2 renders with orange coloured corner pieces:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
White-orange looks very good. But what I especially like are the square vents of the fan guards. They look like a good balance of better ventilation while still being aesthetically pleasing.

paisapues

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2016
Damn that white and orange looks awesome! I might have to consider waiting for a later batch with white ones :(
Jah definitely prefer the simple square ones... Imho the soft lines on the Silverstone ones don't fit the squarish theme of the LZ7 since it's all straight lines

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
But what I especially like are the square vents of the fan guards

definitely prefer the simple square ones...

I'm not sure a dust filter exists with pronounced square pattern like the ones in the white render, the squares were used as it was a simple feature to pattern in the CAD for the render, creating a fine mesh in CAD really slows the software down!

I would imagine that most filters on the market will use a fine mesh similar to the Silverstone filter, I will see what is available and get hold of a few different types to test thermal performance. The best one within the budget will get selected!

Any suggestions on starting points for filter selection?

paisapues

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2016
I didn't mean the pattern of the mesh, fine mesh is for sure more effective as a filter. I meant the overall frame design which fits the square case better without the whirl thing on top, Silverstone makes these as simple square ones too, without the logo and "whirl".

Reactions: Mango

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
White-orange looks very good. But what I especially like are the square vents of the fan guards. They look like a good balance of better ventilation while still being aesthetically pleasing.

Damn that white and orange looks awesome! I might have to consider waiting for a later batch with white ones :(
Jah definitely prefer the simple square ones... Imho the soft lines on the Silverstone ones don't fit the squarish theme of the LZ7 since it's all straight lines

Totally digging the white and orange, thanks for the renders!

Orange and white really are a great colour combination. That version would go so well with my keyboard.

Well you all may be in luck! I underestimated how popular white would be, so I've contacted the panel manufacturer for quotes on a smaller run of white panels.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
There aren't a lot of (real) SFF cases offered in white, so the demand makes sense to me, especially considering the futuristic look of the case. Alkso because white + color is possible, that's rarely ever available in retail for SFF.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Home to see a real one soon... it would look especially good with your Gigabyte Phoenix ITX and mini 1070.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Mini Update:

I've had the quotes back and they look good, I will be offering a matte white option for the First Edition up to a maximum of 10 cases. It will cost a little bit more due to the lower volume.

Other news - just realised the mounting holes on the GPU side of the case can be used for the feet so the case can be used like a sort of tower if preferred:

I know it's hard to believe as most of my photos so far have featured them, but I'm not a fan of LED's! So for a change here are some more photos of v0.1 with some Blue LEDs:

The panels on this case version are translucent white, so the light does bleed through, the matte white and black panels will opaque.

My attempt at some arty Blue LED closeup photos: