News Low profile MSI GTX 1050 ti

I apologize if this isn't news worthy. There looked to be a lot of interest in a card like this so it seemed relevant.

A low profile GTX 1050 ti has shown up on MSI's website. It's a dual fan cooler that occupies two slots, slot powered, and has dvi/HDMI/DP outputs. I've not seen any announcements about it and couldn't find it for sale anywhere yet.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html#hero-overview

Reactions: aquelito and EdZ

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I don't have the measurements offhand, but I believe 15mm thick fans would stick out slightly past the thickness of a dual slot card.

pretorama

Case Bender
Jun 16, 2017

It's 42.5mm on the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti Mini.
Isn't it 43mmX43mm? Like on the GTX 750...?

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
MSI released new version of its low profile card; 1050ti LPV2 which is shorter (170 cm in length) and updated hdmi to HDMI x 2 (Version 2.0b), well if it release before I got gigabyte 1050ti lp, I would get it since it has two fans.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LPV2.html

Problem with the MSI cooler its minimum fan speed is still pretty loud, where the Gigabyte is inaudible at idle. If only MSI would let you run the card a bit hotter for less noise...

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
It's true for gigabyte, my card idle @2380 rpm (38% fan speed) and it's quite silent. And it has higher clock speed than the msi.

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Aug 24, 2017

bursan

What's an ITX?
Sep 22, 2017
I bought this msi 1050 non-ti version. But dvi port seems like clinched and doesn't allow pull off. How do you guys change the full height bracket with the low bracket?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
It sounds like you need to unscrew the two hex nuts either side of the DVI port (the nuts that lugs on the DVI connector screw into) before you can remove the backplate to replace it.

Reactions: bursan

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
just going to necro this thread to say I recently acquired the Gigabyte 1050 ti low profile (LP) second hand from a forum member. I planned on replacing the stock fan with two 80mm x 15mm Noiseblocker PWM fans (similar to what I did with my Vega56, Morpheus 2, and 120x15mm Noctua fans) and to my dismay I learned that these smaller graphics cards do not have 4-pin mini fan headers but instead have 2 or 3-pin mini fan headers.

The Gigabyte 1050 ti low profile has a 3-pin mini fan header for anyone interested. It looks like the MSI has a 2-pin header.

I've now begun a search for a 3-pin mini fan to 4-pin fan connector so that I can then use a 4-pin splitter for my two Noiseblockers. Looks like sources are scarce for this.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
It's funny how the "Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II" section clearly reuses renders of a very different video card...

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Has anyone had any success removing the DVI port off the dual slot 1050ti without sawing and soldering? I'm planning to do a build in a Streacom F7C and would like to fit a slightly better GPU instead of the GT 1030.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Get ready for the thermal throttling.
Yeah I a re-think about the build. Great looking case with terrible ventilation unless you stick fans all around the case. Plus you're limited for future GPU upgrades to single slot + low profile cards which are exceedingly rare.