News Low profile MSI GTX 1050 ti

I apologize if this isn't news worthy. There looked to be a lot of interest in a card like this so it seemed relevant.

A low profile GTX 1050 ti has shown up on MSI's website. It's a dual fan cooler that occupies two slots, slot powered, and has dvi/HDMI/DP outputs. I've not seen any announcements about it and couldn't find it for sale anywhere yet.

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html#hero-overview

Reactions: aquelito and EdZ

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
I've done a few quick searches here in the US and didn't see it for sale anywhere either.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I like that MSI keeps the heatsink low profile (only about 21 mm high), and just places the fans on top. You could theoretically remove the fans and replace them with a Noctua 80x15 or 60x15 fan (assuming they make it to production).

EDIT: Anyone know what fan voltage would be required to use the fan header on the GPU?

Last edited:

GrillerGT

Case Bender
Dec 30, 2016

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome !

If I dig a little deeper:
https://www.afuture.nl/product/5459310/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gt-lp-4gb-gddr5 >> in stock (with suppliers): 100+
So these won't take long to reach the rest of Europe.

and it's about 175 Euros + shipping (I assume)
In this part of Europe, shipping is almost always exclusive, so tack on an extra 10 or 20€. Some larger sellers like Amazon, Bol.com and CoolBlue offer free shipping, but that's usually locally, so not the UK, Italy or Spain for example.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I've ordered mine and it's been shipped today. I'll update you guys soon enough with my impressions.

I subbed to the forum just to reply to this. The link is for the 1050, not the 1050 ti. The correct link is

http://www.ldlc.be/fiche/PB00221042.html

and it's about 175 Euros + shipping (I assume)

If you watch closely, I specifically said it was the 1050 non ti, as it was the first official price listing of that particular card i spotted ;)

Reactions: TheHig

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looking forward to it! Especially whether the little fans are whiny and annoying.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Was lucky enough to recieve it this morning, and here's my thoughts:

- Minimum fan speed is 40%, which is hardly audible in a case at 1m distance
- I couldn't get any RPM readings. The fans have 2 wires only, which seem to be 12v and ground, so that could be the reason.
- On full load, the temperature normalizes around 62° C. The fan speed is around 50% at that time, which is audible but not annoying.
- Fan noise starts to get annoying at 70%, at 100% it is very loud and screamy.
- Voltage and power control is fixed at 100% and cannot be changed.
- Low profile bracket is included
- Furmark burnin at 1080p preset score is 2343, which is about equal to a non OC'd 960. I did a quick OC and managed to get a score of 2531.
- The fan shroud can be removed without voiding the warranty. Removing the radiator does void warranty.

These tests are done in an open case as I'm still adjusting my streacom case to hold a dual slot cooler. I've included some pictures as well. If you need specific dimensions or pictures, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
- I couldn't get any RPM readings. The fans have 2 wires only, which seem to be 12v and ground, so that could be the reason.

It is, without the 3rd tach wire the card has no idea what the RPM is. Only way to know is to use a non-contact tachometer like I do for the PSU reviews.

- On full load, the temperature normalizes around 62° C. The fan speed is around 50% at that time, which is audible but not annoying.

Is that in open air? About what was the room temperature?

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Is that in open air? About what was the room temperature?

A Bitfenix Phenom case without side panel. Ambient temperature is 20°C.

Another curious detail, the core clock in furmark doesn't seem to go higher than 1370MHz. However, after about 30 minutes of gaming, I noticed the clock was consistently at 1911MHz. Not sure how I can achieve those clocks in furmark.