CPU Low Profile CPU Cooler round up

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
There is CNPS2XL at Computex 2019
Hope L means "large" not "lite", but maybe is the second while looking AMD mounting bracket

Seems like a Lite/Cheap'o version to me because of the clip mount instead of the full screw & backplate bracket system. Also doesn't seem bigger at all.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Does anyone know if it is worth using the Scythe Jitte Plus in 2019? Just read through this thread and it seems interesting. How is it for compatibility and does anyone know if they are still on Taobao?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Does anyone know if it is worth using the Scythe Jitte Plus in 2019? Just read through this thread and it seems interesting. How is it for compatibility and does anyone know if they are still on Taobao?
i think it's definitely a worthwhile cooler at such a low price. it can get pretty loud if you're trying to cool a 95w tdp though. it doesn't use a backplate and it has good topside compatibility. they're still available on taobao. try this link.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
@NinoPecorino - Cheers, in UK terms that is about £21.65 ($27.34) before any shipping/taxes/agent fees. Might get it and swap the top fan for a noiseblocker 25mm seeing as the noise is a common complaint. Just need to get mounting clips!

Reactions: NinoPecorino

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Saw this cooler recently appear on google express. Bunch of folks talked about testing it already (@Thehack and @IntoxicatedPuma) , but having it on Google express means there's a 20% off for first time shoppers i.e. 30 bucks for what looks like a taller looking Noctua nh-l9i. It is specified height of 52mm, so might be close for most.

Aliexpress has the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
anyone have any experience with the ID IS-60 v2? , im debating to purchase this and leave the R5 3600 on stock in a slinger sm560 or ghost s1

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
anyone have any experience with the ID IS-60 v2? , im debating to purchase this and leave the R5 3600 on stock in a slinger sm560 or ghost s1

This guy on Reddit installed one in a SM550, says he is getting 7 - 10C better temps than the Ryzen cooler. He did say it is just slightly too tall, the screw heads for mounting the fan cause the side panel to bulge slightly. Should fit in the Ghost with no problem.

Reactions: GerryMz

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
To avoid this screw heads in other coolers I've used, I've made fan clips like the stock ones in most tower coolers, using some pieces of generic hard wire. Just some bends with the plier and done

encore2097

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2019
Adding some AM4 coolers I'd like to find reviews for.

If you're looking for AM4 mini ITX coolers with good performance meeting height constraints, feel free to add to the list!

Noctua NH-L12S, 70mm (?w) - $49

Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, 65mm (?w) - $49

Noctua NH-L9a AM4, 37mm (?w) - $38

Cryorig C1, 74mm (140w) - $67 / hard to find makes it $$$

Cryorig C7 G, 47mm (125w) - $? /
Cryorig C7, 47mm (100w) - $33 / positive reviews, fan can be a bit noisy. hard to find makes it $$$

Jonsbo HP-400 Zone - 36mm (110w) - $19 / reviews seem positive and cant beat the price/performance.
maybe even better with Noctua 9214 fan.

ID-Cooling IS-60 - 55mm (?w) - $37

ID-Cooling IS-50X - 55mm (130w) - $36
ID-Cooling IS-50 - 55mm (130w) - $34

ID-Cooling IS-40X - 40mm (?w) - $25 / poor reviews.. some say stick to the Noctua NH-L9 or Cryorig C7

ID-Cooling IS-30 - 30mm (?w) - $25 / seems to be good reviews

Last edited:
Reactions: Choidebu

Invictus91

Efficiency Noob
New User
Oct 7, 2019
Hi guys. I have a i5 -6600k from my previous pc to a new Cade. for my new build on the Dan case I was thinking using the noctua l9i ( max 65 dpd ).
Do you think I will have ok temps ? Thanks

ASCii

(ツ)
Jan 7, 2017
Hi guys. I have a i5 -6600k from my previous pc to a new Cade. for my new build on the Dan case I was thinking using the noctua l9i ( max 65 dpd ).
Do you think I will have ok temps ? Thanks

Adding a 92x25 fan might help, as well you can undervolt

It all depends on the load you intend to put on the cpu, and how you feel about fan noise.

Last edited:

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
I'd like to see a direct comparison between pallas120, bs3 and black ridge using the exact same fan. These 3 have fluctuating results according to every reviewer using different fans, stock and custom, but none used the same on the 3 heatsinks. Seems to me they will perform the same, and I'm interested in this face-off. Pallas and black ridge have much less momentum and coverage on their results, specially the Pallas120....

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Not really a review, but tested the Cryorig C7 copper and found it able to cool the Ryzen R9 3900X at stock. It's less of a review, and more of a testament to how much more efficient Zen 2 processors are relative to previous generation and the competition.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
So I've gotten a ways into restarting testing again. This time with an AMD and Intel test bench. Unfortunately my Intel test bench is having some motherboard issues (USB ports are all dead) so I am waiting for a new board to come in. But, I should have a new list in before Thanksgiving.

I started using Argus which is a fan control software that allows me to test different fan speeds much faster than updating in the BIOS. However, I won't be testing AMD CPU's at different TDP's (Intel CPU's are easier to control using XTU). But overall I think I can now test alot more coolers than before (earlier it took forever to get through testing) and with better confidence in my numbers. I will also be providing audio recordings of coolers and fans (at different fan speeds!)

Sorry for the extremely long delay, it took awhile to get my home office set up. I am also missing a large chunk of my cooler collection (stuck at my place in China and SF refuses to deliver anything with magnets in it...) but I should get those back by Spring.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I just realized (again) advantage Intel has over AMD on socket shape, especially on SFF.
Having square socket is so convenient to find best suited position on sff air cooler.

Except for Noctua (& Asetek), AMD imposed a specific orientation...that could be catastrophic for thermals.

Best example : Cryorig C7. On AM4 radiator fins are simply blocked by RAM stick and I/O cover