Louqe Ghost S1 Ash (L Tophat bottom, M+S Tophat top)

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Although I have already shared these pictures in other threads and on other forums/reddit/twitter, I thought some of you might enjoy these in a build log too.

Internals are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBMTq4

Highlight: 8086K, Asus ROG Z390-I Gaming, 2x16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz (ordered 4000Mhz but not delivered yet), Asus GTX1080Ti Turbo, Asus Ryujin 240 AIO cooler,

Some remarks about the build:

• Backer 1392 on 29/12/2017, Order #2430 on 19/5/2018, case delivered 13/12/2018
  • L Tophat at the bottom with Asus Ryujin 240 RAD + 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25
  • M + S Tophat at the top with Mounting Platform and 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 exhaust
  • M + S Tophat secured with black M3-30 screws
  • If you want S + M tophat you'll need M3-40 or even M3-45 screws
  • I have ordered 2 120mm Noctua NF-A12x15 and if they fit in a M Tophat, I'll be able to remove the S tophat
  • Secured the AIO tubes with a simple black strap via the holes in the spine
  • 8086K at 5,2 Ghz is in the low 30°C when idle, low 70°C when gaming
  • Currently running without side-panel, the CPU block with cover is too tall for the side-panel
  • Planning to design custom acrylic plexiglass side-panels with a cutout for the CPU block.
  • Routed the AIO Tubes between the PSU and the front gable, instead of coming from beneath the PSU.
  • In fact the whole case has been flipped for several reasons:
  • 1) Now the motherboard oriantation is correct, it's not upside down now
  • 2) The text on the backplate is now readable and not inversed
  • 3) My PC is located on the right side of my desk, and now I can see the AIO's OLED screen on the CPU block

You can find the gallery here:

Enjoy!

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Incredibly good-looking build, and cool upside-down orientation; did you have to do anything special to achieve that, or is it a function of the design of the case. Ash looks great with those Noctua-themed cables. What sleeve did you use?

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
This is just basic functionality/modularity of the Ghost, possibilities are endless!
Sleeved cables come from PSLate

Reactions: anoclew

anoclew

Efficiency Noob
Jan 19, 2019
Hey, how did you install the M tophat onto the S tophat? I'd also like to stack the two top hats but could not find a way to do so.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Hey, how did you install the M tophat onto the S tophat? I'd also like to stack the two top hats but could not find a way to do so.

Stack the M tophat on top of the S tophat, and use longer M3 screws, I think mine were some 20 or even 25mm.

anoclew

Efficiency Noob
Jan 19, 2019
Stack the M tophat on top of the S tophat, and use longer M3 screws, I think mine were some 20 or even 25mm.
Then, the screw goes all the way from the top grill to the main body penetrating the two hats?