• Discord?! We've had a Discord server for a while, but now we've opened it up to folks who aren't members of our fantastic community forum. Join our discussions by clicking the "Discord" button on the side menu!!

Louqe Ghost S1 Ash (L Tophat bottom, M+S Tophat top)

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Although I have already shared these pictures in other threads and on other forums/reddit/twitter, I thought some of you might enjoy these in a build log too.

Internals are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBMTq4

Highlight: 8086K, Asus ROG Z390-I Gaming, 2x16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz (ordered 4000Mhz but not delivered yet), Asus GTX1080Ti Turbo, Asus Ryujin 240 AIO cooler,

Some remarks about the build:

• Backer 1392 on 29/12/2017, Order #2430 on 19/5/2018, case delivered 13/12/2018
  • L Tophat at the bottom with Asus Ryujin 240 RAD + 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25
  • M + S Tophat at the top with Mounting Platform and 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 exhaust
  • M + S Tophat secured with black M3-30 screws
  • If you want S + M tophat you'll need M3-40 or even M3-45 screws
  • I have ordered 2 120mm Noctua NF-A12x15 and if they fit in a M Tophat, I'll be able to remove the S tophat
  • Secured the AIO tubes with a simple black strap via the holes in the spine
  • 8086K at 5,2 Ghz is in the low 30°C when idle, low 70°C when gaming
  • Currently running without side-panel, the CPU block with cover is too tall for the side-panel
  • Planning to design custom acrylic plexiglass side-panels with a cutout for the CPU block.
  • Routed the AIO Tubes between the PSU and the front gable, instead of coming from beneath the PSU.
  • In fact the whole case has been flipped for several reasons:
  • 1) Now the motherboard oriantation is correct, it's not upside down now
  • 2) The text on the backplate is now readable and not inversed
  • 3) My PC is located on the right side of my desk, and now I can see the AIO's OLED screen on the CPU block

You can find the gallery here:

Enjoy!

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Incredibly good-looking build, and cool upside-down orientation; did you have to do anything special to achieve that, or is it a function of the design of the case. Ash looks great with those Noctua-themed cables. What sleeve did you use?

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
This is just basic functionality/modularity of the Ghost, possibilities are endless!
Sleeved cables come from PSLate

Reactions: anoclew

anoclew

Efficiency Noob
Jan 19, 2019
Hey, how did you install the M tophat onto the S tophat? I'd also like to stack the two top hats but could not find a way to do so.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Hey, how did you install the M tophat onto the S tophat? I'd also like to stack the two top hats but could not find a way to do so.

Stack the M tophat on top of the S tophat, and use longer M3 screws, I think mine were some 20 or even 25mm.

anoclew

Efficiency Noob
Jan 19, 2019
Stack the M tophat on top of the S tophat, and use longer M3 screws, I think mine were some 20 or even 25mm.
Then, the screw goes all the way from the top grill to the main body penetrating the two hats?