Fitting a 120mm push-pull cooler into a Node 202

dunkalunk

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 4, 2018
I was looking into options for water-cooling a node 202 and wasn't really seeing any options that wouldn't dump hot air back out of the bottom vent of the GPU chamber or push it back into the case. What I was thinking was to add some additional ventilation to the GPU chamber was to add a another vent to the top of the case.

I did some measuring and it looks like I should be able to just fit a Corsair H75 in there, although to be safe, I may end up going with an H55 or H60 with a low profile fan mounted to the top for exhaust. I found a cheap 120mm steel grill off amazon to stick in the hole/

Question: What's the best way to go about putting 120mm circular holes in things?

Mar 6, 2017
I tried putting an H60 in mine and couldn't get it to fit, the tubes wouldn't bend enough. Perhaps you have a trick I don't know about though.

SamNicotine

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2017
I put an H60 in a NFC case. The height of the tubes is much taller than the fan, so no need to go low profile on the fan, the tubes will be your problem first I think too (or as Senor said, unless you have a trick :) ). If you want to check out my build, I was able to kink the hoses slightly and it still seems to cool effectively. It's too bad corsair doesn't make one with 90 degree tubes out of the radiator.

For the hole, perhaps a hole saw of the size you need and a drill from your hardware store. Putting a piece of wood underneath the piece you are cutting can help the metal from deforming when you push down on it. I'm no professional at it though.

Reactions: SeñorDonut