Logic MC600 (In Progress)

notanexus6

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
First SFF build, I'm really excited about finishing this soon.

I only built my first computer a little less than a year ago. Roughly two months ago, I began researching portable computers and came across this forum. Afterwards, I decided to move my existing build into a smaller case. At first the idea was to design my own case, but with limited experience that idea quickly flew out the window.

The MC600 is the perfect size case for me and has been used by several people on this forum. While the minimalist design is what initially attracted me to this case, I noticed there were several complaints about the lack of ventilation, potentially leading to high component temperatures. I decided to add a perforated panel to the case to try and combat this. I'm not sure how problematic this is, hopefully not at all. The front bezel will include three 40mm fans mounted on it to draw in some cool air. As far as modifying the case goes, all that is left is to cut a smaller perforated panel on the backside for the GPU. I'm waiting on the power supply to be delivered, so I can test everything.

Its not the most high end build, but seeing as this is more of a workstation for me than a gaming build it works just fine. I'll be sure to update as I move forward with this project.

Parts List:

I7 6700k CPU
Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
ASRock H110M-ITX Motherboard
Noctua NH-L9I
Crucial Ballistix 32GB (2x16GB)
Sandisk Ultra II 960 SSD
G-Unique PSU

Last edited:

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
I saw this on the sffpc subreddit and rushed over here to see if you posted it. It's a fantastic mod, I feel like the mc600 is just a bit too plain stock, this makes it interesting without being gaudy. How did you make the new front panel?

notanexus6

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I saw this on the sffpc subreddit and rushed over here to see if you posted it. It's a fantastic mod, I feel like the mc600 is just a bit too plain stock, this makes it interesting without being gaudy. How did you make the new front panel?

Thanks, the front panel is made from laser cut acrylic that was then painted

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
This is awesome. Love the front bezel and the plexi side. Would love to see how you did it

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
You certainly cut a lot of the top off. Is the case any less rigid due to that or does the Plexi make up for that?

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
I am quite surprised this build hasn't got more attention. In my opinion, ther MC600 is fugly in it's original form. You did a great, great job, of making it look like something I would have in my living room.

Question about the front panel...you said it was laser cut acrylic? Did you sandwich a few pieces on the front for the 3d bulge?

notanexus6

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
They're not really "sandwiched" together. The front bezel is made up of three pieces. A small 1/8" cutout works kind of like a gasket that attaches the piece with holes onto the main cover.

Last edited:

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Awesome build. Didn't realize the front panel is acrylic as well. I'm thinking of doing a similar build with this case. However I will probably cover the top with one sheet of acrylic instead. Can you please let me know which pci-e riser you used and where I might get one. Also I see you are using a G-Unique PSU, for which wattage did you go? I'm thinking his 300W should be plenty.

notanexus6

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
Awesome build. Didn't realize the front panel is acrylic as well. I'm thinking of doing a similar build with this case. However I will probably cover the top with one sheet of acrylic instead. Can you please let me know which pci-e riser you used and where I might get one. Also I see you are using a G-Unique PSU, for which wattage did you go? I'm thinking his 300W should be plenty.

I'm using this riser cable ordered from amazon.

I ordered a 400w PSU. I'm don't know too much about these types of power supplies though, so maybe its overkill?

Someone posted another MC600 build with similar components to mine using only a 120w HDplex, which I thought wouldn't be enough power.

Reactions: Halfdan

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Did you have to modify the hole for the PSU connector at the back (DC output) or does this cas have a proper cutout for it?

Reactions: Jonny727272