MC600 Build Questions

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
So I'm planning a build in the MC600 but I have a few questions and figured this would be the place to ask. I've seen almost all the builds here in this case, but still need a little more info.

So in Runamok81's build he was able to fit a 25mm fan above his L9i, which is 23mm tall. Therefore anything 48mm or under should work, right? My plan (hope) is to use the Thermolab LP53 and swap it's fan for a 120x20mm Yate Loon. Which should also be exactly 48mm.

Also can anyone get me a measurement for GPU cooler clearance from the PCB when the GPU is flipped like in the Little Mac? I plan on using the Zotac 970 mini which has a very low profile heatsink when it's stock fans are removed and I'm hoping to fit a full 25mm thick fan in there.

Also any idea if a full 7.75" card will fit without extending the front panel? The PCB on the Zotac card is the normal length as a regular 970 mini but the heatpipes stick out an extra half-inch or so. I know it should be close and I plan on venting the front panel as well anyway but I'm hoping to still keep everything flush.

You guys might not know the answer to this last question, but any idea if their DIN/wall mounting plates can be put on and taken off without opening the case?
https://www.logicsupply.com/mtw100/
^^ Those. It looks like they just screw into the bottom of the case, but I could be wrong.

Thanks guys!

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I don't know the exact measurements of the card, but I know Galax's GTX 1070 mini can fit without needing any mods. If that helps you figure out whether or not your card will fit. I haven't modded my case to accept cards upside down, so I'm not sure about that.

If no one else is able to help you, I can try to take some measurements and eyeball stuff either tomorrow night or Wednesday night. The only mod I've done to my case so far is just cutting out an opening on the bottom since I'm going to leave my GPU in the PCI-e slots' default orientation.

It would probably help to tag @Runamok81 and co. They were super helpful when I was asking about the case. :)

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks zovc, unfortunately that card is only 7 and 2/3rd inches, but that is reassuring that it fits with no mods. Aren't there a couple of Logic Supply guys on the board as well? They would be the people to ask about the mounting plates.

And I hope to mod the case as minimally as possible. Obviously the top panel will have to be vented and I plan on venting the front panel and swapping the power button board out for a bulgin switch, but I'm hoping I can purchase an extra top and front panel when I order the case so I can put it back to stock if I ever need to. Also a little insurance for when I inevitably screw up. :) The Logic supply guys seem really willing to help out in these types of builds which is awesome.

To flip the GPU I plan on just getting some vented pci cover blanks and just use a dremel/tin snips to cut holes for the ports and affix the GPU to the slot covers with the DVI standoffs, as my ports are not symmetrical like on Runamok's. I'll probably also add standoffs to the back of the card like the builder of Just Another 4.2L did in his build. That should keep the GPU nice and secure.

Reactions: DarekLogic

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
If someone could just get me the distance from the bottom of the opening of the bottom pci slot to the top of the case that would help me figure out roughly how much vertical room is in there for a GPU cooler.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I'll do that in a little bit, maybe an hour. My roommate is recording drums so I don't want to disrupt that.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I measured the case have about 61.3mm on the inside total. There's a lip on the top that dips in about 2mm to allow for the top panel to 'lock in' place.

My measurements with my calipers from the lowest part of the PCI-e slots was 52.52mm, from the highest part of the PCI-e slots was 17.82, but keep in mind that doesn't factor in the ~2mm of the aforementioned lip.

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
Awesome thanks Zovc! My Zotac card's heatsink measures about 20mm tall measuring from the bottom of the pcb and is perfectly flat, no raised sections like on the other 970 mini's I've seen. The fin stack is almost exactly 140mm long as well, and I happen to have an extra NF-A14 which should fit with about 5mm to spare. Perfect :D

Also if anyone can get me an accurate definitive length for a GPU that would be great.

@Runamok81 Can you just confirm for me that you were able to fit a 25mm fan above your L9i? If so a yate loon 20mm should fit above the thermolab lp53. Those combinations should both equate to 48mm.

@DarekLogic Can you let me know how your DIN/Wall mounting plates affix to the case? Is it external or do you have to pop the top panel off? If it's external can you tell me what size/type of screws they are?

Reactions: zovc

DarekLogic

Trash Compacter
Logic Supply
Jan 13, 2016
www.logicsupply.com
@DarekLogic Can you let me know how your DIN/Wall mounting plates affix to the case? Is it external or do you have to pop the top panel off? If it's external can you tell me what size/type of screws they are?
Here's the link to the wall mount brackets - https://www.logicsupply.com/mtw102/ (the ones you linked above aren't for the MC600). They just screw to the bottom of the case from the outside and the screws are included (M3x0.5mm flat-head screws). If you wanted to DIN mount it you can attache the DIN clips (https://www.logicsupply.com/dinclip01-k/) to those rails.

Last edited:

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Hey Darek! I tried contacting you guys' support about this, maybe you have more insight on your side of things.

Do you have any brackets for mounting 2.5" drives "above" where expansion cards would be in the case? Similar to what the S4 Mini offers.

I am going to be in the shop today so I can take pictures of what I'm talking about, if that helps.

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks @DarekLogic! The one's I linked above seem to be the black version of the one's you linked. The MC600 is even listed as compatible on the product page.

The plan is to replace the included screws with some flat thumb screws like these.

Put some foam/rubber on the bottom and you got yourself some easy case feet. Also I'll use those thumbscrews to attach and detach those mounting plates which will be affixed to a backpack for a VR system. Just like another user @lhl did with his NFC S4M-C.

So the system will sit under the TV as an HTPC but when it's time to game in VR I can pull it out, attatch it to the backpack via the mounting clips and thumbscrews and be playing untethered in a matter of minutes.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I know that, for less than a dollar, you could easily get more than enough "fun foam" at a crafts store like JoAnn's Fabrics. (In the US)

Maybe it's easier to do something online or whatever, but that stuff is super cheap and easy to work with. It's about 1/8" thick.

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
I know that, for less than a dollar, you could easily get more than enough "fun foam" at a crafts store like JoAnn's Fabrics. (In the US)

Maybe it's easier to do something online or whatever, but that stuff is super cheap and easy to work with. It's about 1/8" thick.

That is definitely plan B. I'm hoping I can find some rubber washers or something that will fit on the head of the screws without me making a bunch of messy cuts with a pair of scissors. But yes, that is definitely the plan if I can't find something that looks nicer.

DarekLogic

Trash Compacter
Logic Supply
Jan 13, 2016
www.logicsupply.com
Do you have any brackets for mounting 2.5" drives "above" where expansion cards would be in the case? Similar to what the S4 Mini offers.
I reached out to Engineering to see if they have any insight on that, I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks @DarekLogic! The one's I linked above seem to be the black version of the one's you linked. The MC600 is even listed as compatible on the product page.
You're absolutely right, my mistake.

breakfast

Chassis Packer
Logic Supply
Mar 7, 2017

We do indeed. There's a bracket that lets you hang drives on either side of the case (over mobo or GPU area). To verify that this is what you're after, take a look at the MC500 page. It's the same bracket pictured there. The SKU for that is MTB100, but I don't see it on the site. I think you'll have to reach out to our sales team via chat to pick one up.

Reactions: DarekLogic and zovc

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
I'm hoping I can find some rubber washers or something that will fit on the head of the screws without me making a bunch of messy cuts with a pair of scissors. But yes, that is definitely the plan if I can't find something that looks nicer.

I used rounded rubber bumpers
for the same . worked well :)

Reactions: Craiga35

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
We do indeed. There's a bracket that lets you hang drives on either side of the case (over mobo or GPU area). To verify that this is what you're after, take a look at the MC500 page. It's the same bracket pictured there. The SKU for that is MTB100, but I don't see it on the site. I think you'll have to reach out to our sales team via chat to pick one up.

AH HA! See, I saw that bracket a while back and asked you guys' support about it and they said no such product existed. It was a little frustrating because it totally looked like it did exist! (At least for the MC500.)

I'll see about getting a hold of you guys' sales department at some point in the near future. Thanks!

Craiga35

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 17, 2017
Just got my MC600 today. Can confirm, a full 7.75" card will fit inside with about 1mm to spare. Just remember to remove the front panel for installation and you shouldn't have much trouble.