SFF.Network Lian Li PC-Q38 ITX case, new PCIe extenders, and more

Taiwan is home to Lian Li, the well-known makers of all-aluminum cases, and as expected Lian Li had many
of their products on display at Computex this year.

Read more here.

I

Ionrent

You can actually buy one of their USB Type-C front panel headers directly if you send them an email. It's $29 shipped to the US. I almost bought one, but I currently get more utility out of Type-A.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ah, good to know.

Now if only there was more than 1 ITX board to use it on...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It appears Lian-Li has taken notice of the infinivent design of the Cerberus :)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Offset obround vents aren't new and the holes on this look too small to double as fan mounts so I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Why have all this vented area and not be able to mount a fan? Yet there's a 2.5" mount?

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Offset obround vents aren't new and the holes on this look too small to double as fan mounts so I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Why have all this vented area and not be able to mount a fan? Yet there's a 2.5" mount?

Would probably make little to no difference with the top fans in place.

But, there's quite a bit of wasted space though, 20L should be enough to fit a proper CPU cooler and now that's just millimeters away.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It could be they're not using screws include silicone grommets which might fit though, but a good point.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Well lian-li design is still a bit odd for me...i love their aluminium, but i don't like their design..:)
Ncase m1 is more beautiful by far..:)