Lian-li PC-Q01A with I7 6700k 4.5GHz and GTX 1070

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

I don't have much time currently, but I just want to share my current pc, that I build a few weeks ago, with you. I didn't take pictures while building so I can't do a real Build log, so there are only a few pictures for now.

But first, my parts:

Lian-li PC-Q01A
I7 6700k delid @4.5Gz with 1.265v (might try more, but I just don't have time currently)
Noctua NH-D9L with 2 Fans
Zotac 1070 Mini
Asus z170I Pro Gaming
2x 16 GB GeIL Dragon Ram 2133Mhz (was the least expensive I could get)
Corsair 450w SFX
500GB Intel p600
500GB Samsung 850 Evo
240GB Intel 520
Aqua Computer farbwerk RGB controller for the LED on my desk

If you are worried that the power supply might suffocate with the solid side panel on, I'm too, but it seems to be fine as far as I can tell. And the RGB strips gives the PC a slight underglow :p

I also monted 2 80mm fans on the back.

I used a SilverStone PP08 SFX Adapter to give additional clearance for my Noctua NH-D9L.

And my Intel 600p used to overheat at first, but those thermal pads work wonderful by transferring the heat to the backside of my case.

Edit: How it looks like when it's running. The LEDs change their colors depending on system temperature.

I managed to keep the temperatures around 70-77°C on the GPU and 70-80°C on the CPU while stress testing. While gaming the whole system sits around 70°C, but the CPU is usually 10°C cooler than the GPU. The best thing about this little PC is, that it is not audible while doing web browsing and office work :)

That's it for now. Since I'm busy currently I might not answer to frequently and fast which I'm sorry for already.

Thank you for reading my first post here :)

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hi and welcome !

I can't wait to see the images, but they're not working for me. The image links seem to require me to be logged-in with a Microsoft account. I'd recommend you use a different image hoster, IMGUR.com is quite popular here and this forum has native support for albums.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Hi and welcome !

I can't wait to see the images, but they're not working for me. The image links seem to require me to be logged-in with a Microsoft account. I'd recommend you use a different image hoster, IMGUR.com is quite popular here and this forum has native support for albums.

Ohhh, thank you, I thought one drive might work, but it seems not :(
Here is a link for the one drive folder I used, I'll change the pictures to imgur.com now.
https://1drv.ms/a/s!AocP0jHog_g-gfxoHq9kqtvBPoRQqw

Edit: I changed it now

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Nice build. How is that Zotac 1070 working out for you? How is the noise under load? I've been wanting to get one to mod and squeeze it into the S4 Mini but I can't find a proper review of it on the internet.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's some clever thinking with the PSU and the I presume LED connector at the PCI card bracket ! Well done !

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Nice build. How is that Zotac 1070 working out for you? How is the noise under load? I've been wanting to get one to mod and squeeze it into the S4 Mini but I can't find a proper review of it on the internet.

Till around 45% (~1600RPM) the card is relativ silent. but under 17% one fan makes a really annoying noise and after around 50% the noise starts again, but than you can stop that by touching the card, which is why you can see a zip tie attached to the card in the second picture. For the lower RPM rattling I made a custom fan profile which fixed that for me.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Very cool build, that tower cooler fits like a glove! What's the 4 pin connector on the back? External LEDs?

Good to know the thermal pads worked out well for you.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Very cool build, that tower cooler fits like a glove! What's the 4 pin connector on the back? External LEDs?

Good to know the thermal pads worked out well for you.

Yes that is a 5050 RGB led connector for external LEDs :)

huguberhart

What's an ITX?
Jul 10, 2018
I've stumbled upon this thread while searching for compatibility of low profile Noctua tower cooler and Lian Li case. I have PC-Q29 and I did basic measurements in Sketchup. It seemed fine. I ordered the cooler. I already had a SFX PSU and and extender for the PSU mount. when i actually fitted the parts, i didn't take into account that the case has rails, that act like a tray of sorts. Total mm clearance is less, than I assumed. I suggested myself, that it will be good, by your fit in your case.
After I bumped a heatpipe at the top while sliding the PSU in, I just had to install the extender. oh well.. I love your build tho! :D