Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I put in my order through OCUK too. When they ship, how long does it usually take to arrive?

It depends where you live.

You planning to sell the case in Israel?

It is sold by LianLi and not me. Check on lianli.com if they have a reseller in your country.

Now 19:th April on caseking for the black versions. It is as usual when it comes to SFF - eternal wait and gray beard.

The initial batch was limited because of chinese new year.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
You do not need the gen4 version because PCIe is backwards compatible.

Steps to do:

- Install you components on the table without case and without riser
- Enter UEFI/Bios and setup PCIe link speed from Auto to gen3.

Thats it. There is nearly no performance diff between gen3 and gen4 or gen5.
Also talking about future proofed isnt very valid. If you like to upgrade some day in the future just buy a new riser ;)

www.techspot.com/amp/review/2104-pcie4-vs-pcie3-gpu-performance/

Reactions: Napier

Napier

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
You do not need the gen4 version because PCIe is backwards compatible.

Steps to do:

- Install you components on the table without case and without riser
- Enter UEFI/Bios and setup PCIe link speed from Auto to gen3.

Thats it. There is nearly no performance diff between gen3 and gen4 or gen5.
Also talking about future proofed isnt very valid. If you like to upgrade some day in the future just buy a new riser ;)

www.techspot.com/amp/review/2104-pcie4-vs-pcie3-gpu-performance/
Ahhh! Well that makes sense😆
Is that okay? Size wise

My specs:
My specs:
I5 12600k
paired with Phanteks 240mm
phanteks replacing with 2 noctua nf-a15x25 fans
( )

asus rog strix z690-i

32gb ram corsair 5600mhz cl36

seasonic 750px

and asus 3070ti
( https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3070ti-8g-gaming-model/ )

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
Ahhh! Well that makes sense😆
Is that okay? Size wise

My specs:
My specs:
I5 12600k
paired with Phanteks 240mm
phanteks replacing with 2 noctua nf-a15x25 fans
( )

asus rog strix z690-i

32gb ram corsair 5600mhz cl36

seasonic 750px

and asus 3070ti
( https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rtx3070ti-8g-gaming-model/ )
Whilst there indeed is no performance difference, a gen3 riser can result in a real headache. As mentioned the bios PCIE link speed needs to be set to gen3. If your bios resets for any reason (i.e. updating it, ram issues), it will default back to PCIE link speed: auto. To fix this, you'd either need a gen3 GPU, or you'll need to disassemble your system, plug the GPU in directly, and set the PCIE link speed to gen3 again.

Napier

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
Whilst there indeed is no performance difference, a gen3 riser can result in a real headache. As mentioned the bios PCIE link speed needs to be set to gen3. If your bios resets for any reason (i.e. updating it, ram issues), it will default back to PCIE link speed: auto. To fix this, you'd either need a gen3 GPU, or you'll need to disassemble your system, plug the GPU in directly, and set the PCIE link speed to gen3 again.
Damn, well I think I’ll wait for pcie 4
Thank you 🙏

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
People have gotten too used to this happening with AMD CPUs, he is going to use a 12600k which has integrated graphics so he can just plug a monitor into his motherboard to set lane speed.

Reactions: PantherB

Napier

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
People have gotten too used to this happening with AMD CPUs, he is going to use a 12600k which has integrated graphics so he can just plug a monitor into his motherboard to set lane speed.
Yes, I intentionally got intel for the igpu, I'm used to it with my i5 6400. so you're saying I need to set this up once - plugging my monitor to the mobo and then plugging it to the gpu (paired with pcie gen3) and it will be okay?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yes, I intentionally got intel for the igpu, I'm used to it with my i5 6400. so you're saying I need to set this up once - plugging my monitor to the mobo and then plugging it to the gpu (paired with pcie gen3) and it will be okay?
You will probably only have to do it once, but if you do have to clear CMOS or update BIOS you will have to reset the lane speed. At least with Intel you won't have to pull your computer apart.

Reactions: Napier

alexba

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2022

Got mine up and running - what a breeze to build in Dan. Only thing was that after having a coil whine noise I had to rearrange hw for hours to solve it. It turns out that the phanteks rgb header is faulty.