Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
In case anyone is interested I contacted Phil at pslate customs to ask him about potential cable sets for the H20, here is his response,

Thanks for your message! Yes, we do plan on offering custom length cables for the Dan A4 H2O, they will be up on the site later this month once the case is released. The cable lengths will need to be different since the PSU mounts upside down in the H2O compared to other sandwich style cases.

Best,

Phil

Support Team

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
What's the total weight of the case?

PS. If anyone got tired of waiting I designed custom case** currently 12.5L 120x260x400mm that's fully water cooled (both CPU & GPU),
Using EK's fluid-gaming aluminum line for min. weight (before they discontinued it), which has a CPU water-block and separate SPC pump (reservoir being external and hooked for service by QDC ie Quick Disconnect Coupling).
** The case is built by 3 low profile 120mm fans on the bottom, and 3 regular 25x120mm fans plus 360 alu radiator on the top, connected by aluminum extrusion profiles (makerbeam.com 10x10mm).
The total weight came up to 6kg, including all the hardware incl. the water-loop and the water itself :) (currently i9-9900k, 2080ti, Mobo + 2 nvme SSDs, SF750 psu ... waiting for ryzen 4 to upgrade to 16 core CPU)
I would happily upgrade to standard SFF case that covers most of my reqs. as long as that the case alone doesn't weight over 3kg as most of them do :)

I have 3d model in sketchup, so if anyone is interested I can share a link and some guidelines to how to assemble it.

Note: aluminum water-loops are harder to assemble (w/o using copper/brass parts) but it's not completely impossible yet. But if you don't worry about weight go with the classic copper/brass lineup.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
A4-H20 Spotted on the Phanteks Shift XT Review by Hardware Canucks!

(Between the SSUPD Meshlicious and the Dan-A4)

Manioq

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2022
In case anyone is interested I contacted Phil at pslate customs to ask him about potential cable sets for the H20, here is his response,

Thanks for your message! Yes, we do plan on offering custom length cables for the Dan A4 H2O, they will be up on the site later this month once the case is released. The cable lengths will need to be different since the PSU mounts upside down in the H2O compared to other sandwich style cases.

Best,

Phil

Support Team
The .stp file of the case is available on LianLi website, maybe if someone can modify the PSU cage to make mounting screw upside down we could use similar custom cable configuration like the T1

xthongyy

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Is the 55mm combined height for rad + fans a strict limit? I believe the Phanteks Glacier One T30 edition has a combined height of 57.3mm. Would it fit inside the case or I should just go with normal Phanteks AIO + Noctua fans?

ImperialAlex

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2016
Only if you install the radiator without the radiator bracket
How reasonable is this? It sounds pretty tempting: I'm looking to run an i9-12900K in my A4 H2O (on its way from Caseking), of course undervolted and powerlimited but upgrading to T30's over the NF-A12's might mean getting a bit more oomph out of that space heater CPU.

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
OCUK are now saying 21st March for stock 😟

I've sent in a cancellation request for my order. Every case I've ever pre-ordered with them has been late. And after the GPU debacle, I don't feel that comfortable paying them for goods which they don't yet have. I'll order one when it's in stock.

Last edited:

Flightpath

Efficiency Noob
May 19, 2020
Are there any compromises using an SFX-L over my current SF750? I’m still able to use a 240 AIO with 25mm fans is that correct? SSD can still be installed without any problems?

dark

Case Bender
New User
Feb 13, 2022
OCUK are now saying 21st March for stock 😟

I've sent in a cancellation request for my order. Every case I've ever pre-ordered with them has been late. And after the GPU debacle, I don't feel that comfortable paying them for goods which they don't yet have. I'll order one when it's in stock.
I put in my order through OCUK too. When they ship, how long does it usually take to arrive?

V1te

Case Bender
New User
Jun 14, 2020
Are there any iceman reservoir's that work with the A4 H20, or will we need to wait for a custom development?

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Now 19:th April on caseking for the black versions. It is as usual when it comes to SFF - eternal wait and gray beard.

xak

Efficiency Noob
Sep 24, 2018
I have a question about the USB 19pin connector: Since this connector only powers 1 USB type-A port on the front of the case, is it possible to use some sort of adapter or splitter and utilize the second USB port provided by the motherboard connector? I plan to use a 2-slot GPU and would like to route another USB port to the third expansion slot. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rajpal

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
Are there any compromises using an SFX-L over my current SF750? I’m still able to use a 240 AIO with 25mm fans is that correct? SSD can still be installed without any problems?
You'd be better off sticking with the SF750 it will make your life a lot easier I think, bitwit used an sfx-l PSU and it does fit but cable management and SSD placement space is limited. Maybe with custom cables it might be easier.