Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yes, please do this. I thought the old C4 design was discarded completly. For me, it would be an instant buy, if that design could somehow be achieved.

btw was the DAN A4-H2O dropped out of no where or did I miss some previous announcements?
I agree with you, this was always one of my favorite designs. I like the notches in the side panel and the front panel design.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Having a few days to digest the news, I think I'm going to change my opinion and say that the black design is my preferred one. The more I look at the silver, which still looks awesome, feels more like an NZXT case. The curved lines of the black one are the Dan A4-SFX look.

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Having a few days to digest the news, I think I'm going to change my opinion and say that the black design is my preferred one. The more I look at the silver, which still looks awesome, feels more like an NZXT case. The curved lines of the black one are the Dan A4-SFX look.
I totally agree. I wanted to jump in and say that the smooth, curved design of the black one is far, far more pleasing to me than the more angular silver. It's has that classic and simple dan case design language that we all love 😁

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is a quick and dirty made CAD drawing of the alternative design. Should a make a full cad drawing and discuss it with Lian Li?

Dimensions:

140*326*241 = 11L (w*l*h)

It has 3 Slot GPU support up to an length of 321mm
USB-C and USB-A on the side.
No visible screws no branding.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Here is a quick and dirty made CAD drawing of the alternative design. Should a make a full cad drawing and discuss it with Lian Li?

Dimensions:

Its too big, this goes into the ATX and DTX range instead...

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Dimensions:

I prefer this design over the prototype sent to OT - quite obvious since I liked the old C4 design a lot. Others are saying you should keep that prototype design to be consistent with the existing A4 because this case is still named A4, albeit with added suffix.

Its too big, this goes into the ATX and DTX range instead...
ATX? 🧐

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019

Dimensions:

I like this alternative design, and the 0.9L increase seems reasonable if it allows better AIO and GPU compatibility.

How would the IO connectors be fitted to the case? Would they be part of the side panels or frame? Can they be flipped or swapped to different positions?

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

Dimensions:

I love it. Espec with the surface finish in the photo shown earlier. The volume increase, we can go back and forth on....but the change in exterior shape I likey.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

Dimensions:

I think so - though that missing hole on the perforations at the rear sets off my OCD.

Also - isn't it odd that the A4-H2O has IO but the C4 SFX doesn't?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I think so - though that missing hole on the perforations at the rear sets off my OCD.

Now I can't unsee that... In fact...it's ALL I can see on that design! WHY IS THAT HOLE MISSING?! DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Reactions: Valantar

Lorien

Efficiency Noob
May 11, 2020

Did not notice that... haha

The new/alternate design looks great even with the missing hole that triggers us, I'm a fan!

henkdevries

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 23, 2021
Am I 38 minutes late to say that I much prefer the prototype design? 😋 This corner design feels a lot like the Sliger design which is the sole reason I didn't went with one of their options.

Reactions: Fueled By Yams

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I have to reiterate that I really prefer the squared off design. It's just something about the radiuses on the black one and its proportions - bends that worked on the smaller A4 (if they are the same radius?) seem somehow disproportionate on a larger case. And the black trim cutouts add some visual interest, yet everything is still simple. If anything I would hope for an option for taller feet (maybe just add in a second set in the package with some longer screws and let users stack them if they want?) for improved airflow through the bottom.

carpet3

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2019
Really like the new design.

I think I'd be tempted to drop the usb-a slot though to make it slightly more minimalist and modern looking