Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Introduction

The A4-H2O or chemical correct A4-H₂O was designed by DAN Cases GmbH and will be sold by LianLi Ltd. The result is a true SFF product, with DAN dna, LianLi quality, a fair price and good availability - "a tribute to SFF".

In 11 liter this case fits a 3-slot GPU with an length up to 321mm, a 240 AIO with standard fans and can handle high TDP CPUs like the 12700k. This case is perfect for SFF (Small Form Factor) enthusiasts, those who need a highly portable system, developers who require a case with a smaller footprint due to limited desk space, and gamers who want a high-end PC experience in their living room.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D):
244 x 140 x 326mm, 11,1L

Graphic cards support: 3 Slot GPU up to 322mm length
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
Water cooling support: up to 240mm radiator (30mm thick) with 120x120x25mm fans

Drives: up to 1 x 2.5" HDD/SSD
IO: USB-A, Audio, Mic, USB-C
Power button: Premium-grade button

Material: 1.5-2mm aluminum (outer panels), 1.5mm steel (inner parts)
Side panels: Easily clipp able with LianLi Push Pin technology
Colors: Anodized black(maybe dark grey) or silver exterior, matte black painted interior
Risercard: PCIe 16x gen4 or gen3

Release: Preorders on 9th Feb 2022 (Caseking; Newegg & OCUK)
Price:
$115 (gen3 riser), $155 (gen4 riser)

AIO Compatibility

AIOTube Lengthbest tube routing
ASUS ROG Ryuo 240380mmover psu
ASUS ROG Strix LC 240380mmover psu
ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240380mmover psu
be quiet! Pure Loop 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series H100x380mmover psu
Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT380mmover psu
Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix380mmover psu
EK Water Blocks EK-AIO 240 RGB/Basic350mmover psu
Enermax Liqmax III ARGB 240400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Celsius+ S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Fractal Design Lumen S24400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken X52, X53, X53 RGB400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
NZXT Kraken Z53, Z53 RGB400mmunder a SFX!!! psu
Phanteks Glacier One 240MP(H)400mmunder a SFX!!! psu

Guides/ Manuals

A4-H2O - User Manual
A4-H2O - RTX 30x0 Founders Guide

Pictures

Text Review
PCMAG: https://uk.pcmag.com/pc-cases/138686/lian-li-a4-h2o
TechpowerUp: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/lian-li-x-dan-a4-h2o/
Basic-Tutorials: https://basic-tutorials.de/tests/pc-hardware/lian-li-a4-h20/

Video Reviews

Thank you for reading and your support. Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
No it will be from the OEM that made this cable that is sold by LINKUP:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
No it will be from the OEM that made this cable that is sold by LINKUP:

Can you share the name of oem? Thanks!

Reactions: REVOCCASES

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I like the revised front end much more, where does the power button move to? Just curious

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Love it. I also like the newer design of the silver one.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Hoped the case was thinner than 13cm. tho... but overall it looks great!
increasing the size for triple slot is completely worthless, keep to the current dimensions and if possible even lower!

There are other cases with those feature, you don't need to compete in this category, just make something unique by yourself,
the A4 got popular as the smallest watercooled ITX, can you say the same for this one? Doubt that... so think how to make it smaller, not larger!

Last edited:

stefan2305

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 20, 2020
Oh man this is looking great! +1 for the flatter design mentioned in the OP. Though, personally, I'm not the biggest fan of the notched/angular side panel. Flush would make it look much cleaner imo. Really excited for this case! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
increasing the size for triple slot is completely worthless, keep to the current dimensions and if possible even lower!

I understand wanting a smaller case... but writing off 3-Slot compatibility as worthless is one of the biggest reasons why the Ghost S1 is such a bad value right now.

Most of the good cards are larger than 2 slots now - aside from maybe 3080 FE - and the best are more than 2.5 assuming you're not watercooling them.

Last edited:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I understand wanting a smaller case... but writing off 3-Slot compatibility as worthless is one of the biggest reasons why the Ghost S1 is such a bad value right now.

All of the good cards are larger than 2 slots now - and the best are more than 2.5 assuming you're not watercooling them.

Of course...you cannot buy any of them...and by the time you might be able to, the Next Big Thing will be hitting the rumor mill in full stride.

TBH, I'm not expecting any GPU stocks of the new cards to actually buy until 2022. None of the AIBs have even fulfilled request Day One stocks for brick and mortar retail yet. Hell, I'm not sure even pre-orders on Day One Release have all been filled yet.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Of course...you cannot buy any of them...and by the time you might be able to, the Next Big Thing will be hitting the rumor mill in full stride.

TBH, I'm not expecting any GPU stocks of the new cards to actually buy until 2022. None of the AIBs have even fulfilled request Day One stocks for brick and mortar retail yet. Hell, I'm not sure even pre-orders on Day One Release have all been filled yet.

That's a shame for many people, but several people on the discord I manage and others have gotten cards.

It's harder than it has any right to be right now, but not impossible.

Regardless - it has nothing to do with what I said.

velka5simp

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2020
I personally like the the second outer design a lot more! The first one that Optimum Tech showed looks imo a bit cheaper (although that is hard to judge from just pictures).

Furthermore, I hope the rad compatiblity will be a bit better - and I'd love to see 3-slot GPU support (this size increase is 100% justified and would also solve the problem of fitting strictly 120mm wide AIOs)!

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
I like the first design better as it seems less blockly. The capability to fit an AIO for cpu cooling and enough space for a decently sized air cooled gpu would accommodate many possible hardware combinations.

I’m curious, would there be a version with a front IO? I didn’t see it in the videos.

Reactions: Lawd_Disick

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
  • Furthermore I think to change the outer design to this one:

Thank you for reading and your support. Please let me know what you think!

Yes, please do this. I thought the old C4 design was discarded completly. For me, it would be an instant buy, if that design could somehow be achieved.

btw was the DAN A4-H2O dropped out of no where or did I miss some previous announcements?

Reactions: rfarmer