Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

SEVEZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 29, 2021
Hey Dan, I'm closely watching this new case from you and Lian Li, looks quite exciting to me! I have a couple of compatibility questions.
1) You mentioned the max thickness of AIO is 55 mm - 30 mm rad + 25 mm fans. Do you think it still could host a 57 mm AIO without problems? I was thinking about 27 mm rad + 30 mm fans.
2) 2.5” drive is to be mounted in the bottom - what would it’s max height / thickness be like?
Tia!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
1) Yes this should fit. The total space until you reach the motherboard is 60mm
2) this depends on you PSU wires. If you have thin ones 15mm shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: SEVEZ

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I have to check that. It could be that october is the release date for reseller not end customers.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hi Dan. Good afternoon. R u ok?

Do you believe this case will receive a glass panel?

Thx
Looking at the renders in the first post, a glass panel wouldn't make much sense. On the CPU side, only the motherboard area would be visible at all (looks like that's less than half the overall area meaning the window would mostly be showing you black metal panels), as the PSU and AIO have shrouds covering them. On the GPU side, a glass panel would absolutely murder the cooling for your GPU, causing massive thermal issues due to blocking any useful air intake.

valcunus

Case Bender
New User
Sep 14, 2021
Looking at the renders in the first post, a glass panel wouldn't make much sense. On the CPU side, only the motherboard area would be visible at all (looks like that's less than half the overall area meaning the window would mostly be showing you black metal panels), as the PSU and AIO have shrouds covering them. On the GPU side, a glass panel would absolutely murder the cooling for your GPU, causing massive thermal issues due to blocking any useful air intake.

Yeah,yeah.

I just want to see my gifs on the nzxt z53. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Valantar

Beatus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2021
Are there plans on making extra side panels available at a launch or a later date? Was thinking of getting this in silver + black panels.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Beatus: I dont think LianLi plan to sell spare parts. You have to buy a silver and black one to solve this XD

Reactions: Beatus

Clarin_D

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2021
Hey Dan, really looking forward to this case. No reason to wait for FormD T1 drops anymore since I'm sure this one will have much better availability! A couple questions if you don't mind:
- Do you have a weight estimate for this case? I'm considering it for a semi portable build.
- What's the maximum width for GPUs including PCI-E power connectors?
- Seeing as the power button and I/O are on the side, would it be possible to stand the case up vertically on its front panel for a smaller footprint (assuming I stuck some rubber feet on it)? Any potential issues this could cause?
Thanks!