Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
A nice new video from Jay on Tek Everthing here:-

Will be interesting to see the follow up video with benchmarks & temps with the CPU @ 5 Ghz

You really need the cable management sorted out on this Jay ;) would probably lower the temps by 5 degrees

Thanks for sharing, it was a really nice surprise waking up to see this video!

Great video @Tek Everything , I agree that the grey and black looks particularly nice :)

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Just came here to congratulate @K888D and @Tek Everything for the amazing product and video.
can't wait to see the results of your benchmarks.

I'm sadly having issues with my configuration as the HDPLEX doesn't seem to get along with the ASROCK Z370 fatal1ty motherboard :-(
Thanks for the comments, and sorry to hear about the compatibility issues. Have you figured out what the problem is?

Reactions: dcaparros

Martix50

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017
Thanks for the comments, and sorry to hear about the compatibility issues. Have you figured out what the problem is?

It's the HDPLEX400 feeding ASROCK motherboards.
There seem to be voltage spikes that cause the motherboard to not boot correctly in certain conditions. People are especially experiencing it with ASROCK motherboards with Z370/Z270/Z170 chipsets but the problem is not totally limited to this brand and chipset.
Larry (the HDPLEX guy) has recognized this to be a known issue but hasn't really confirmed if there is a new revision of the HDPLEX400W, if it was a bad batch, or if the problem is not solved ... but he is sending me a new unit so my hopes are up :-)

And this whole thing makes me really happy to have chosen the LZ7 ... if the HDPLEX turns out to be not compatible with my setup i can just switch to a SFX psu and problem solved :-)

Reactions: W1NN1NG and K888D

d_sff

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2018
WOW, beautiful case! those wooden panels are beautiful. this should be in a modern art museum. really well done.
About the cooling solution it would be good to know how the BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B performs with the noctua 25mm NF-F12. from all the information, this solution would fit the case.
The Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet and the LP53 would be interesting tho see too because they are small but are all copper heatsinks
The thermalright axt100 should be about the same as the noctua or the Shuriken

Best regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
WOW, beautiful case! those wooden panels are beautiful. this should be in a modern art museum. really well done.
About the cooling solution it would be good to know how the BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B performs with the noctua 25mm NF-F12. from all the information, this solution would fit the case.
The Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet and the LP53 would be interesting tho see too because they are small but are all copper heatsinks

Best regards.
Edit: sorry wrong thread, will reply in a sec

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

Best regards.

Thanks for the comments!

I think you're right that the Big Shuriken 2 with a 25mm thick fan would make a killer cooler. Like you say the clearance is there, but the fan would be literally sat against the underside of the PSU with maybe 1mm to spare which would choke it of air. The reason the NH-L12S works so well even though its 71mm tall is because the fan is located under the heatsink and so it is able to pull air through all the fins even when the heatsink is against a flat surface above it.

You are also right to point out the CNPS8900 as an ideal cooler for this case, someone on pcpartpicker put a build together using one to cool a an Ryzen 1700 by modding the bracket so it fit the AM4 socket. He achieved a max temp of 60C with prime95:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/zs8Ycf

d_sff

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2018
You are right, nice catch. the fan on the noctua its below the heatsink so there is no restriction and the dB should be better because of that.
Those are impressive results for the zalman. the 7700 were you have been testing the different cooling solutions has the same tdp, so te results must be almost the same. dont know about the noise...

Regarding the case, the sidepanels with vandal switches wiil not have clear and frosted options in the future?

Keep up the good work

dcaparros

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
Thanks for the comments!

I think you're right that the Big Shuriken 2 with a 25mm thick fan would make a killer cooler. Like you say the clearance is there, but the fan would be literally sat against the underside of the PSU with maybe 1mm to spare which would choke it of air. The reason the NH-L12S works so well even though its 71mm tall is because the fan is located under the heatsink and so it is able to pull air through all the fins even when the heatsink is against a flat surface above it.

You are also right to point out the CNPS8900 as an ideal cooler for this case, someone on pcpartpicker put a build together using one to cool a an Ryzen 1700 by modding the bracket so it fit the AM4 socket. He achieved a max temp of 60C with prime95:

my problem with the zalman cooler is the lack of support for AM4, it's an ugly cooler and probably older than most people posting in the forum =P

d_sff

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2018
my problem with the zalman cooler is the lack of support for AM4, it's an ugly cooler and probably older than most people posting in the forum =P
It's not the pritiest thing to look at because of the small fan but inside the case you cant see it. the noctua stuff is not the pritiest thing to look at, but they perform.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Some black component options for the configurator are out of stock on the Overclockers store. Will they be restocked soon? Every time I seem to be ready to make an order, something goes out of stock. :(

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Some black component options for the configurator are out of stock on the Overclockers store. Will they be restocked soon? Every time I seem to be ready to make an order, something goes out of stock. :(
Sorry about that, I will get in touch with Overclockers UK on Monday to let them know.

Reactions: Mackan

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Sorry about that, I will get in touch with Overclockers UK on Monday to let them know.

Thank you. :) From what I can see the right corner colum in black, and the right open side panel with vandal switch is out of stock. And I think a few other black components are out of stock soon, as well.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Thanks for the comments!

It's my build.

The official brackets also fit, but I couldn't find them at the time. The cooler, with official brakets, would be oriented different than mine, so I don't know if I've "created" something unique/efficient for this pc case.

CNPS8900 is not full copper, fins are made of Aluminum :)

Reactions: K888D and owliwar