Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Will some black 'out of stock' parts be restocked on Overclockers UK? Like the rear SFX PSU panel and some corner pieces? Bought a LZ7 for myself a while ago, and was now thinking to get one for my father as well.
We are planning to make a stock delivery of those parts on Monday, hopefully they will be available to order around mid week.

Reactions: Mackan

alrutani

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2020
Hello,
Today I ordered LZ7 with XTD upgrade kit
I will be starting with LZ7 first and see if it suits my VR environment needs

My system is
Gigabyte z390i motherboard
Intel Core i7-9700KF CPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070 mini ITX
2x Samsung 970 NvMe ssd 1TB
Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz DDR4
Noctua NH-L12S
CORSAIR SF600, 600 Watt, 80+ Gold
Fan CRYORIG XT140mm

I might do video as well to test VR !

Looking to know from where I can buy custom cables ?
- 24pin MB : 15cm
- 8 pin EPS : 18cm
- 8 pin PCI : 12cm

Regards
alrutani

Reactions: K888D

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
You can try pslate customs, he does custom cables specifically for the LZ7, he is back ordered atm but sign up for email notifications and he should be accepting orders again soon.

alrutani

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2020
You can try pslate customs, he does custom cables specifically for the LZ7, he is back ordered atm but sign up for email notifications and he should be accepting orders again soon.

Sure I will do that, thanks.

Meanwhile,
I am new to building PCs I would like to get help in

1) Knowing name of each of these cables
2) For what they can be used

Picture is embadded

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Sure I will do that, thanks.

Meanwhile,
I am new to building PCs I would like to get help in

1) Knowing name of each of these cables
2) For what they can be used

Picture is embadded

A and B are SATA power cables, D is 24 pin motherboard cable. I can't see enough detail for C and E, one of them is the 8 pin EPS which is also to the motherboard, the other is probably a 6+2 PCIe for the graphics card. This can vary depending on if need one or two PCIe connectors and whether they are 6 or 8 pin.

alrutani

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2020
So if I use only 2x NVMe for the storage then I don't need a & b correct ?

These supposed to go inside LZ7 case with Corsair SFX600 power supply

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
^ Correct.

if you are going all NVMe storage than you only need the 24pin mobo connector, the 8 pin EPS mobo connector and whatever PCIe connector your GPU needs. So one 6+2 pin or two 6+2 cables to support most any gpu you can possibly cram into the LZ7.

I run all NVMe as well and use the SF600. Only need 3 power cables off the psu and its super convenient.

lasek

Average Stuffer
Feb 22, 2017
For custom cables, I can recommend DreambigByRay on Etsy, super fast response, great quality & affordable price.

alrutani

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2020
I am thinking to order these cables with its length
Do you think the length is perfect for LZ7 case with Gigabyte z390i motherboard ?

I want same like this

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

MassZERO

Caliper Novice
Dec 6, 2019
Its hard to navigate the configurator? what kind of configurator is it? is not even friendly user...
How do I know that my build will support the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?
I know that it supports, my question is If I build it will it?
what is the proper configurator for it to fully support HDPLEX?

Cause I watch from youtube that some guy having problem with it?
I wanna make sure that what I build already supports it...
I dont want to buy any upgrade or whatsoever...
Why not add it on the configurator the Build for ATX FLEX PSU or Build for HDPLEX

Watch this youtube and see whats the problem why the HDPLEX did not fit, but he was able to somehow got it working... But I think he buy the upgrade kit or something?

As I check on the website configurator? theres no option for HDPLEX? what If what I build doesn't support it? Do i have to rebuy again? omg!
Theres no option to select the same build as what the youtube reviewer was saying...

On the website configurator for the front panel what you have is the one that has a USB port and the other one that only has a power botton, it doesn't have the option the same as the youtubers front panel exaust fan and power botton only!

Making things very complicated for us?

Last edited:

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Will the LZ7 and (XTD) get restocked at Overclockers? Common black/grey parts are out of stock for some time now.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Will the LZ7 and (XTD) get restocked at Overclockers? Common black/grey parts are out of stock for some time now.

Sorry about this, we have been having material supply issues for the past 4 or 5 months, you are only starting to see the effects of it now as existing stock starts to run out. Long story short is that we are only just now starting to receive material which I hope means you will start seeing items come back into stock over the coming weeks/months.

LONG STORY:
We use Perspex for our acrylic as they provide the highest quality available, when COVID social distancing measures were introduced there was a huge demand for protective visors and cough screens/barriers in all public places and shops.

This led to all sheet material manufacturers and suppliers concentrating their efforts on manufacturing clear materials for this purpose. Our usual material suppliers also stopped orders for non medical purposes concentrating only on manufacturing protective screens. As Perspex were concentrating on clear material production it meant the stocks of materials that Lazer3D use (Matt Black/Grey/White etc) started running out nationwide.

Perspex have now resumed normal material production and deliveries to suppliers have started being made in the last few weeks, our usual material suppliers have also resumed taking orders as normal, we have placed orders for sheet material and are waiting for the deliveries, however certain materials such as the Smoked/Tinted Gloss are difficult to get hold of.

What this means for Lazer3D is we've had disruption to our production for the past 3 months or so which is only just starting to show up in terms of low stock as its a lagging effect, if that makes sense.

Hopefully within the next 1 - 2 months things will be back to normal. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If you have any more questions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Has anyone done any testing to compare the effectiveness of the traditional top panel with the fully ventilated one when using an SFX PSu?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Has anyone done any testing to compare the effectiveness of the traditional top panel with the fully ventilated one when using an SFX PSu?
I've not done any direct comparisons personally, the panel was designed primarily to allow you to mount extra things to the top panel when using a DC-DC power supply, such as an AIO.

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
I would just like to recognise the quality of this case here. I've built in cheap metal cases before, and experienced all sorts of issues from stripped threads to parts bending.

Despite, or maybe because, of the nature of this case's materials it is still in as good condition as when I bought it. I've just dismantled the whole thing to put in a new CPU, motherboard, storage and fan, and everything was as easy to work with as the day I bought it.

Still a fantastic case @K888D !

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
During the beginning of this whole pandemic ordeal, I had to put another SSD in my LZ7, but both drive slots and the on-board mSATA were already used. So, I'm now relying on pressure and cable ties to hold the third drive in place 😬
Left is before cable management, right after. I should really get a modular PSU at some point.

I was somewhat lucky with cable clearance. The last SATA6G port on the board was behind the RAM, but the NH-L12 allows it to pass over, which made the build a lot easier. The black SATA port is just 3G, which would be a bottleneck to the SSD. And after enough zipties, there's actually quite a bit of room for the Fan to pull air from.

Next upgrade will be the GPU. @K888D, is it possible to get a new GPU-side panel with fan grill separately? I'm considering installing a 140mm fan there as well to get the new GPU a bit more quiet under high loads.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I would just like to recognise the quality of this case here. I've built in cheap metal cases before, and experienced all sorts of issues from stripped threads to parts bending.

Despite, or maybe because, of the nature of this case's materials it is still in as good condition as when I bought it. I've just dismantled the whole thing to put in a new CPU, motherboard, storage and fan, and everything was as easy to work with as the day I bought it.

Still a fantastic case @K888D !

Thank you for posting your long term thoughts, that's great to hear!

During the beginning of this whole pandemic ordeal, I had to put another SSD in my LZ7, but both drive slots and the on-board mSATA were already used. So, I'm now relying on pressure and cable ties to hold the third drive in place 😬
Left is before cable management, right after. I should really get a modular PSU at some point.

I was somewhat lucky with cable clearance. The last SATA6G port on the board was behind the RAM, but the NH-L12 allows it to pass over, which made the build a lot easier. The black SATA port is just 3G, which would be a bottleneck to the SSD. And after enough zipties, there's actually quite a bit of room for the Fan to pull air from.

Next upgrade will be the GPU. @K888D, is it possible to get a new GPU-side panel with fan grill separately? I'm considering installing a 140mm fan there as well to get the new GPU a bit more quiet under high loads.

Hey, good to hear from you after so long! You've really maxed out the storage drives in this case 😂

isn't your LZ7 one of the original First Edition models? I'll have to check through and make sure I've got the correct CAD available that will work with your case. If I do then it should be possible to add the grill to the GPU side panel.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
isn't your LZ7 one of the original First Edition models? I'll have to check through and make sure I've got the correct CAD available that will work with your case. If I do then it should be possible to add the grill to the GPU side panel.

Jup, it says "Prototype v0.2" on the nameplate :)

Hey, good to hear from you after so long!

Thanks man, just coming back into building after finishing my degree!