Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

LukePhoto

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
Hello I thought to post my recent build using your Lazer3D LZ7. I am new to building PC's but wanted a challenge while on uni break; the lazer3D was easy to build in, building the case around the components. The customization on the OverclockersUK website made it easy to make a PC which felt personal to me, a true 'custom PC'. The solid walnut makes the PC stand out and the silver and black accents complement mineral grey tones. The temperatures are impressive for such a small PC and the lazer cut vents are visually pleasing as well as practical. Both visuals and performance is at a balance with this case. Thank you for designing and building such a nice case where each component fits perfectly. Having the motherboard lighting set as 'Smart' allows me to monitor the temperatures of the computer without having to open software, the vent lets this lighting project at the front of the case, again both visually pleasing and practical.

Thank you for designing and producing such a nice case and thank you Tek Everything for your informative videos, they really helped me when building the computer! I have attached some images.

Parts:

GTX 1080 mini
Ryzen 2700
Asus X470-i
2TB 2.5" HDD
128GB M.2
2X 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz
Corsair SF600
Noctua nh-l12s

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hello I thought to post my recent build using your Lazer3D LZ7. I am new to building PC's but wanted a challenge while on uni break; the lazer3D was easy to build in, building the case around the components. The customization on the OverclockersUK website made it easy to make a PC which felt personal to me, a true 'custom PC'. The solid walnut makes the PC stand out and the silver and black accents complement mineral grey tones. The temperatures are impressive for such a small PC and the lazer cut vents are visually pleasing as well as practical. Both visuals and performance is at a balance with this case. Thank you for designing and building such a nice case where each component fits perfectly. Having the motherboard lighting set as 'Smart' allows me to monitor the temperatures of the computer without having to open software, the vent lets this lighting project at the front of the case, again both visually pleasing and practical.

Thank you for designing and producing such a nice case and thank you Tek Everything for your informative videos, they really helped me when building the computer! I have attached some images.

Looks really good but we need details. :) A parts list is always nice.

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

Parts:

GTX 1080 mini
Ryzen 2700
Asus X470-i
2TB 2.5" HDD
128GB M.2
2X 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz
Corsair SF600
Noctua nh-l12s

No, thank you for the support and sharing your finished build and thoughts! The photos look stunning with the clever lighting, would you mind if I shared these photos on our Social Media?

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
Last time I travelled with my LZ7 PC the GPU side cover got smashed in my suitcase, so I designed a replacement. Might serve someone...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2975640
I hope when I travel with an LZ7 in my carry-on bag, I can avoid it to break?

@K888D: What is the estimated time until overclockers.co.uk will ship an order? I thought they have the stuff in stock, however after ordering yesterday it didn't ship today. The order status says "waiting for payment", however I used Paypal and the money was transferred already yesterday,

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

The LZ7 is made from Acrylic panels and so if you drop the case or give it a good whack then there is a chance that you will damage the case. The case will not be as durable as a full metal case, If you provide adequate protection around the case during travel then it should be fine, but personally I would not use the LZ7 as a portable PC unless you have a good protective bag or carrying case for it.

@K888D: What is the estimated time until overclockers.co.uk will ship an order? I thought they have the stuff in stock, however after ordering yesterday it didn't ship today. The order status says "waiting for payment", however I used Paypal and the money was transferred already yesterday,

I am sorry for any delays when ordering through Overclockers UK, the intention is for all options to be in stock ready for immediate shipping, but currently there are a few options out of stock - I will be making a delivery this Friday which should hopefully include the parts that your order will be waiting on.

Over the past couple of months demand for the case has increased far more than either myself or OcUK themselves anticipated, every-time I make a delivery to replenish stock some of the other components go out of stock, so its become a game of trying to play catch up. I am working as fast as possible to try and deliver stock to OcUK and I'm also looking into options for increasing manufacturing output, bearing in mind the current biggest limitation is my own time as I handle all logistics, manufacturing and packing myself whilst also having a full time job and young family ;)

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
It will be until next friday until they even "hopefully" have new stock, but they collected more than 270€ instantly? And for that amount I won't even get a case good for travelling?

Is there any way to cancel my order?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
It will be until next friday until they even "hopefully" have new stock, but they collected more than 270€ instantly? And for that amount I won't even get a case good for travelling?

Is there any way to cancel my order?

I am very sorry you feel that way, I'm sure if you contact Overclockers UK customer services they will be able to cancel your order no problem.

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
Thank you, yes I think the customer support for OC UK will be able to cancel my order, just as you say. I just contacted them.

My main reason to go "SFF" is travelling BTW...

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
Thank you, yes I think the customer support for OC UK will be able to cancel my order, just as you say. I just contacted them.

My main reason to go "SFF" is travelling BTW...
I wouldn't say the traveling is the main reason. I think many people like SFF PCs for saving space on their desk or where ever they intend to store the PC.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well, by all means, do your research before making a major purchase like this. It's an excellent case, it just needs extra care when travelling. Many use it that way just fine.

Do checkout SFF Lab @Silly Cone, I'm sure you'll find something more to your expectations there.

Peace.

Reactions: K888D

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
OK, I just was not aware it needs extra housing during travel and I always use my lightweight travel bag in order to fit more kilos into the carry-on. I actually have been researching for 6 weeks already. Unfortunately the Cooltek Coolcube/ V3+/ Jonsbo V3 aluminium case (somewhat bigger, slightly over 10l) became unavailable in the meantime... This case size is very niche, especially for the lovers of somewhat taller CPU coolers.

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
You'll have no issue as carry-on, mine was in the hold and something happens to have moved in the bag and wedged itself between the case and something else, of course on the side of the fragile cyclone panel that has pretty small links. Had done about 10 flights that way before it without issue too.

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
anyone running 8700K on the Big Shuriken 2 or L12S care to share some temps?
I assume you viewed the write up LZ7 did earlier with the L12S and Shuriken?
https://www.lazer3d.com/2017/11/17/noctua-nh-l12s-compact-cpu-cooler-review/
They used the i7-7700 CPU in their testing though. I also use the L12S in my LZ7 and I'm really impressed with the cooling. What I did was flip my SF600 PSU upside down so it would act like exhaust and I also got the LZ7 Top XL-Vent Panel to allow the most hot air to exhuast from the section of the CPU cooler that's not blocked by the PSU.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I assume you viewed the write up LZ7 did earlier with the L12S and Shuriken?
https://www.lazer3d.com/2017/11/17/noctua-nh-l12s-compact-cpu-cooler-review/
They used the i7-7700 CPU in their testing though. I also use the L12S in my LZ7 and I'm really impressed with the cooling. What I did was flip my SF600 PSU upside down so it would act like exhaust and I also got the LZ7 Top XL-Vent Panel to allow the most hot air to exhuast from the section of the CPU cooler that's not blocked by the PSU.

Yes I have, but the 8700K gets a whole lot hotter, so curious if anyone is running 8700K.