Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Just did my build yesterday and this case is fantastic! I had some trouble figuring the parts, but it was totally my fault by not reading the manual and inexperience.

One thing that I would like to know if it's possible to use a handle in this case? I saw 4 holes in the top cover, but I'm not sure if it has to be designed or we can use off the market products
bit off topic but I knew you were a fellow BR from the moment I look at your desk haha

hope you are enjoying your case :) Nice setup btw, I love that mouse
not sure about the handles though, don't remember seeing one.
K888D will probably reply soon with better info :)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Just did my build yesterday and this case is fantastic! I had some trouble figuring the parts, but it was totally my fault by not reading the manual and inexperience.

One thing that I would like to know if it's possible to use a handle in this case? I saw 4 holes in the top cover, but I'm not sure if it has to be designed or we can use off the market products

Looking good! What setup are you rocking?

I experimented with a few handle ideas earlier in the thread but didn't take any of them past the concept stage. I may look into it further at some point but nothing planned for the immediate future.

LeonM

Cable Smoosher
May 4, 2018
Looking at pict #11 & #12, I think I know where you stay :p

Nice build btw, and, I thought the Vortex Race is a wired keyboard?

Wait are you in Singapore? Neighbours? lol

Yeah the keyboard is wired. I just forgot to plug-in the USB cable XD

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Yeap, a resident in the sunny island, but not really neighbours :)

LOL you had me browsing the internet thinking that there's a wireless Vortex Race! XD

dcaparros

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
Looking good! What setup are you rocking?

I experimented with a few handle ideas earlier in the thread but didn't take any of them past the concept stage. I may look into it further at some point but nothing planned for the immediate future.

Ryzen 5 1600X + NH-L12S, Asrock B350 itx, Gigabyte 1060 6GB ITX, Samgung 960 EVO 500 GB NVME and Silverstone SFX 450W power supply

lolium

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 22, 2017
So i made my order without realizing it didn't come with the dc-dc side panel. no worries though, i got it covered(excuse the pun)

lolium

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 22, 2017
Loving it! I built it for my friend and I set out to have a PC that is small and quiet, and its doing a great job so far.

My cooler is a cosair AIO 120mm, swapped out the fan for a noctua silent fan. part of the radiator is blocked by the panel but it didn't seem to affect the temp.

I do have some thoughts though. I didn't get the dc-dc panel because I used this configurator: https://www.lazer3d.com/lz7-configurator/configure/935/ and it didn't show that as an option.
It is available on the configurator on overclockersUK, but I live in Canada and according to your site I thought they don't ship to Canada.
https://www.lazer3d.com/product/lz7/
but I tried to add something to cart from overclockersUK and I was able to get all the way to checkout page(i didn't make an order at the end, but I think they do ship. Not 100% sure on this one.)

Some clarifications would be nice.

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Loving it! I built it for my friend and I set out to have a PC that is small and quiet, and its doing a great job so far.

My cooler is a cosair AIO 120mm, swapped out the fan for a noctua silent fan. part of the radiator is blocked by the panel but it didn't seem to affect the temp.

I do have some thoughts though. I didn't get the dc-dc panel because I used this configurator: https://www.lazer3d.com/lz7-configurator/configure/935/ and it didn't show that as an option.
It is available on the configurator on overclockersUK, but I live in Canada and according to your site I thought they don't ship to Canada.
but I tried to add something to cart from overclockersUK and I was able to get all the way to checkout page(i didn't make an order at the end, but I think they do ship. Not 100% sure on this one.)

Some clarifications would be nice.
No problem, if you click on the "Shipping Destinations" Tab about half way down the product page, there is a brief description and list of countries that Overclockers ship to, if your country isn't on that list then you can order direct through Lazer3D but please note that lead times are longer (currently around 3 - 4 weeks) as each case is custom made to order, whereas Overclockers are stocked and ready to ship.

Product page:

Regarding the DC-DC panels, I haven't added those options to the configurator at Lazer3D yet, I will probably add that variation as a whole new product page rather than a configuration option to avoid confusion to the average consumer who may not understand the difference between the types of power supplies. With its own unique product page I can go into detail about the different DC-DC power supplies.

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
I tried to order with Overclockers UK but it however doesn‘t allow me to select a Vandal Switch. And shipping to an EU country outside UK seems expensive.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Is it possible to use some 3rd party switch as replacement?
any 16mm momentary switch should work, but you would have to do the wiring yourself. Its a bit off you cant select the vandal switch though. the rest of the case is available to you?

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
Yes, only the vandal switches are grayed out in the configurator, everything else is selectable.

However I finally found out it‘s available as separate item.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hmm it seems that the vandal switch depends on the right corner? Is „full IO“ nicer or vandal switch?

Sorry for the confusion, if you want to choose the "Vandal power button" then you also need to pick both a "Front Right Corner (16mm Vandal)" option and also a "Right Panel (16mm Vandal)" option.

These 3 parts (right side panel, front right corner piece and 16mm Vandal power switch) will allow you to build the configuration you want.

Also yes, any 16mm cylindrical PC power switch can be used.

The Vandal switches that come with the LZ7 are pre-wired and ready to use with short length cables for your convenience. Most vandal switches on the market require you to add your own wiring which is something I've struggled with in the past and hence why I wanted to offer these pre-wired.

Silly Cone

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
I don‘t need the Lazer3D LZ7 1 x 2.5" Drive + HDPLEX/DC-DC Mount in order to install a PicoPSU 150W or 160W, right?

Could any of the storage mounts collide with a Shadow Rock LP CPU cooler?

Without a GPU, should 150-160W be enough to power something like a 8700k or 8086k without throttling? Without overclocking and with lots of case fans

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I don‘t need the Lazer3D LZ7 1 x 2.5" Drive + HDPLEX/DC-DC Mount in order to install a PicoPSU 150W or 160W, right?

Thats correct, the "2.5" Drive + HDPLEX" panel is only required if you have a power board that needs mounting inside the case, such as the HDPLEX DC-ATX units or similar.

The PicoPSU and Direct Plug style PSU's just plug straight into the motherboard and so as you say do not require a separate mounting panel.

Could any of the storage mounts collide with a Shadow Rock LP CPU cooler?

This completely depends upon the layout of your motherboard, specifically the CPU socket position and then whether the cooler you will be using overlaps the edge of the ITX motherboard. As long as your CPU cooler stays within the ITX motherboard boundaries then the storage mounts will not interfere as they are positioned next to the motherboard, not overlapping.

Without a GPU, should 150-160W be enough to power something like a 8700k or 8086k without throttling? Without overclocking and with lots of case fans

150W should be just enough to power an 8700k system as long as its a high quality PSU you are using. Cheaper PicoPSU's may struggle to maintain full load for sustained periods when you are pushing close to their wattage limits. If your going for a cheaper model then it may be safer to go for a 200w + model, but if you go for a high quality unit like the HDPLEX Direct Plug 160W then that will comfortably run an 8700k CPU.

When your paying so much for a top tier CPU then spending a little extra on your PSU might be a good investment aswell.