Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Yeah its a considerable upfront cost! You also need to add to that the extraction/filtration equipment which is around 1.5k extra.

I was split between the Greyfin and the Whitetooth, in the end I opted for the larger Whitetooth A1 for its faster cutting speed, the larger bed will also open up more possibilities in the future.

The Just Add Sharks guys set it all up for you on delivery and even give you a few hours training with the machine/software/maintenance, very pleased so far.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
id say it will if the gigabyte does theyre practically the same size, the msi is literally .01mm wider at the power connector I doubt that .01 would be a make or break

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
From the measurements given it should fit, but I can't say more than that without physically putting one in a case to know for 100% sure. The Gigabyte 1070 fits with 0 mm to spare on the height when using a standard PCIe power connector to put it into perspective.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Anyone think a (hypothetical) RX Vega Nano would just melt the GPU area of the chassis...?!? ;^p
Some math.
Big VEGA:375W
RX NANO: at least 200W
I dont belive that they could manage sub 200W since Vega is super super power hungry and that power comes out as wasted heat. Rip tempsXDXDXDXDXD.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hi, I'm planning use silverstone dust filer (FF141B) for GPU vents, does it fit with LZ7?

Yes it will fit onto any of the side panels (GPU & IO side) with any vent pattern, mounting holes for 140mm fans are included on both sides. But for best performance select the 'open' vent style for less airflow restriction. The case is supplied with fixings to attach dust filters on both sides if needed.

Anyone think a (hypothetical) RX Vega Nano would just melt the GPU area of the chassis...?!? ;^p

I wouldn't have thought so, not unless the GPU chip can run at temps above something like 180C. If a CPU or GPU chip is running at around 85C, the cooler is not actually outputting the exhaust air at 85C, probably more like 65C (I have no data to back this up). The melting point of Perspex is 160C to put this into perspective.

Some math.
Big VEGA:375W
RX NANO: at least 200W
I dont belive that they could manage sub 200W since Vega is super super power hungry and that power comes out as wasted heat. Rip tempsXD

I've not read up on what consumer Vega is expected to run at, but I am guessing that AMDs FPS per Watt will be lower than that of NVidia, so your 200W estimation sounds about right for something that will compete in the GTX 1070/1080 ball park.

However, what we have seen from current and past generation cards is that manufacturers are usually only willing to go up to a 150W TDP for an ITX length card (<170mm). Any more than that and the heatsink struggles to keep the card thermally under control at reasonable noise levels.

Zotac have gone higher with the Mini GTX 1080 (180W TDP) and now the 1080 Ti (250W TDP), but they have increased the length of the card beyond ITX by an extra 41mm in order to cope with the extra thermal demand.

AMD managed to squeeze 175W TDP into the 152mm length of the existing R9 Nano, which is pretty incredible, but they had to do some weird undesirable stuff with spikey power management to achieve this.

Sticking with the same thermal design and 175W TDP they may be able to put out something that can compete with the GTX 1070, but I doubt much higher than that. That is just my opinion of course which may be completely wrong!

Probably be hotter than that once that chick and her lizards finally get done with their cruise.

The Bastards of the Night may help keep those temps in check :cool: